• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash

Should Godzilla and King Kong be swapped for MechaGodzilla and MechaniKong as bosses?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only Godzilla/MechaGodzilla

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Only King Kong/MechaniKong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlRex

Smash Lord
I've added RoboCop's moveset and Ronald's finalized moveset. I suppose you could submit a supervillain or something else outside of the box, potentially. Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Now for two submissions...

Job #39: Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch (Monty Python & the Holy Grail/Worms)
Holy-Hand-Grenade.png

This is a pretty basic explosive. You hear the "Hallelujah!" music sting before you automatically throw it, creating a massive explosion.

Job #40: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Turtles_2003.png

The TMNT are perhaps the most successful independent comic, long since having become a pop cultural mainstay since the 80's. They have various beloved comic, cartoon, movie, toy, and video game incarnations, many of which could be alternate costumes, as well as black & white versions, or even their hat & trenchcoat disguises. Leonardo, the leader, wields two swords, Donatello, who does machines, wields a bo staff, Raphael, the cool but rude one, wields two sais, and Michelangelo, the party dude, wields two nunchucks. I can't just pick one, so possibly they work similarly to how they did in Injustice 2, where you can pick them from the same slot and they are sort of variants on a similar moveset, likely inspired by their beat-em-ups, with different taunts, win quotes/other animations, etc., and probably differing specials. Perhaps this is too complicated/wonky to work out, but I can't decide on just one Ninja Turtle. Don't worry about it.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Job #39: Phaser

1643916768768.png

The iconic weapons wielded by members of Starfleet are essentially the basis for all the Swiss Army knife style guns that permeate sci-fi today. A simple flip of the switch changes the whole function of this weapon! To the point where "Set phasers to stun" has entered pop culture as a phrase. This is represented in the game by a tap of the button shooting a projectile like a raygun, but holding down and charging launches a shot of the "stun" beam, which makes whoever it hits dizzy and wide open for a strong attack.

Job #40: Professor X

1643916954999.png

The leader of the X-Men feels like an appropriate pick for our first Marvel character. He doesn't appear a lot in the numerous Marvel fighting games, for obvious reasons, but we can break that mold and have him hold his own even in his wheelchair by using his psychic powers to inflict status effects on others or just go full telekinesis which is an ability he has more rarely but he has had a few times in his continuities.

D

Deleted member

kdnza7fp.jpg

Excalibur (King Arthur / Sword in the Stone)

The sword of Arthurian legend. Players will have to pull it from the stone in order to wield it, and if you manage, you get a powerful sword that deals great damage to your foes.

b444651aa32c12bd408ebff89ab75324.png

Batman (DC Comics)

Yes. I'm aware we already have Superman, but you kind of can't not have Batman in a mega crossover like this. He has so many appearances to pull from for a moveset like this and his alt costume potential is off the charts.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 39

The Warhammer of Zillyhoo (Homestuck)

A Weapon so epic it has it's own theme

It acts as a normal melee weapon but it has a chance of stunning opponents when it hits them

Job 40

Ultraman (Ultra series)

Ultraman is a japanese superhero show that has become a cornerstone of Japanese pop culture. Ultraman is from the land of light and part of the Ultra species.

The Ultra's main feature is their massive height. They are all incredibly tall and powerful to combat Kaiju that attack earth. In terms of Pop Culture Clash they could be the tallest character in the game.

Ultras also have many iconic moves like the Ultra beam.

Ultraman is so large in japan there is at least one street named after the franchise

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I think for now I'll start up the voting for these two jobs.
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Nerf Gun
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Baseball Bat (Real Life/Sports)
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast ACME Co. Dynamite and Rockets (Roadrunner/Looney Tunes)
AlRex AlRex Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch (Monty Python & the Holy Grail/Worms)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Phaser (Star Trek)
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Mjolnir (Norse Mythology/Marvel Comics)
@Darkonedagger Excalibur (King Arthur/Sword in the Stone)
cashregister9 cashregister9 The Warhammer of Zillyhoo (Homestuck)

Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Spider-Man (Marvel Comics)
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Tommy Oliver (Power Rangers)
AlRex AlRex Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Professor X (X-Men/Marvel Comics)
@Darkonedagger Batman (DC Comics)
cashregister9 cashregister9 Ultraman

I'll vote...
1. Nerf Gun
2. Baseball Bat
3. Holy Hand Grenade

1. Spider-Man
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
3. Tommy Oliver
Kind of a coin toss between Power Rangers and Ultraman. Both would be great, but I think Power Rangers got more international releases?

I really want to put Misc. SEGA Songs here:
1. Main theme - Alex Kidd in Miracle World (Classic and DX style mixed)
2. Space Harrier Medley
3. Main theme - Fantasy Zone
4. Graffiti soul - Jet Set Radio
5. Space Channel 5 Medley
6. Baka Mitai - Yakuza 0
7. Daytona USA Theme
8. Level 1 - Ristar
9. Streets of Rage medley
10. Sega Arcade Medley (Hang-On, Afterburner, Pengo, etc.)
11. Puyo Puyo Medley
12. Virtua Fighter medley

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
I think the votes are pretty clear at this point

Nerf Gun: 24
Baseball Bat: 5
Holy Hand Grenade: 8
Phaser: 13
Excalibur: 10
Mjolnir: 4
ACME: 7
Warhammer of Zillyhoo: 1

Spider-Man: 26
Ninja Turtles: 14
Tommy Oliver: 6
Ultraman: 6
Professor X: 6
Batman: 14

So we’ll have Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario ’s NERF Gun and Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ’s Spider-Man submissions joining us shortly.

Now here’s a submission job that might interest you all…
Job #41: Submit non-character prompt ideas.
The top three submissions will be our next three after this job. Anything from stages to items to assists to gameplay modes to anything you can think of for non-playable-character-related prompts.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Job #41: Submit non-character prompt ideas.
The top three submissions will be our next three after this job. Anything from stages to items to assists to gameplay modes to anything you can think of for non-playable-character-related prompts.
Submit Assists from pre represented franchises

AlRex

Smash Lord
Alrighty, we’ve got a few submissions here, you can vote for which three you’d want to see first. It’s possible the other two might get used later still, though.

AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Submit an assist from a franchise not yet represented in the game.
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Submit an Melee/Close range Item.
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Submit Assists from pre represented franchises
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Submit a scrolling stage
Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy Submit a stage based on a real life location.

I’ll personally give my votes to:
1. Real life stage
2. Unrepresented assist
3. Represented assist

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Alrighty, we’ve got a few submissions here, you can vote for which three you’d want to see first. It’s possible the other two might get used later still, though.

AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Submit an assist from a franchise not yet represented in the game.
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Submit an Melee/Close range Item.
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Submit Assists from pre represented franchises
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Submit a scrolling stage
Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy Submit a stage based on a real life location.

I’ll personally give my votes to:
1. Real life stage
2. Unrepresented assist
3. Represented assist
Melee Item
Scrolling Stage
Unrepped Assist

AlRex

Smash Lord
I keep going away for brief periods, ah well. Here's the voting...
Real life stage: 17
Unrepped assist: 15
Repped assist: 4
Close range item: 9
Scrolling stage: 11
Which means our next jobs are gonna be: Tekken_Guy Tekken_Guy 's Real Life Stages, AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's Unrepresented Assists, and Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 's Scrolling Stages.

So let's do two now...
Job #42: Submit a stage based off of a real life location!

Job #43: Submit an assist from a currently unrepresented series!

Both are pretty self-explanatory. Here are my submissions.

#42: the White House
1644430592484.png

This is like Peach's Castle in Melee, where you can fight on top of the White House's roof, but with a small bit of room on both sides where you can walk on the grass before eventually walking off stage. Occasionally, you will see Secret Service agents walking around in front of the White House, but you might not see the President themselves, given the inevitable march of time and all that.

#43: Speed Racer
speed-racer-fai-mas-transparent.png

An incredibly iconic anime series and character, but he is iconic mostly for being in the car, and that's not as easily transmitted to a fighting game moveset unless we have the car itself fighting like Hornet from Daytona USA did in Fighters Megamix. That all said, Speed will get in and rev up the powerful Mach Five, then start racing around the stage and driving into foes. He'll sometimes use the cars super jumping feature to get to higher up places, and even send out a robotic pigeon to bother foes, or attack with giant buzz saws that sprout from the car. Once he's done, he'll get out of the car and do the famous pose you see here, then he'll disappear.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Real life stage: Coke Manufacturing Line

On this stage, you are perched upon bottles of Coke ready to be shipped. This isn't a scrolling stage, though the Coke is still being conveyed slowly. You will pass by machines, ladders, and other conveyer belts that serve as hazards and platforms.

Top Bottom