• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash

Should Godzilla and King Kong be swapped for MechaGodzilla and MechaniKong as bosses?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only Godzilla/MechaGodzilla

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Only King Kong/MechaniKong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. Don Lafontaine (He is dead, but still we could sample his voice acting for a tribute)
2. Wiz and Boomstick
3. French Narrator (Would be funny pick)

Soms McDonald profiles:
1. Mr. Pumpkin (Ronald McDonald's Treasure adventure)
2. Little Imp (RMcDTA)
3. Captain Lips (RMcDTA)
4. Moon King (RMcDTA)
5. Big Mac (Burger)
6. Whopper (Burger King)

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Michael Buffer: 4
Joel, Tom, Crow: 12
Paul St. Peter: 1
Don LaFontaine: 12
Chris McLean: 2
Microsoft Sam: 2
Wiz and Boomstick: 12
French Narrator: 9
We have a three-way tie for first place, with Joel, Tom, & Crow, Don LaFontaine [assumedly done with AI/archival audio or some impersonation, I guess], and Wiz & Boomstick all having twelve, and the French Narrator from SpongeBob as our second place with nine. So this'll be a job where I add more than the initial two I said! Congrats to cashregister9 cashregister9 , Dan Quixote Dan Quixote , Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds , and Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario !

Our next two jobs...
Job #37: Discuss RoboCop and Ronald McDonald's movesets.
Done like our last few moveset jobs. Something will be assembled from the discussion or a vote can be had on moveset submissions.

Job #38: Submit a "basic" stage.
Our equivalents to Final Destination and Battlefield. They don’t have to be those, but they can be if you really want. Any sort of barebones-ish, neutral, competitively viable stage would suffice.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ronald should absolutely have abilities from Treasure Land Adventure - specifically endless neckerchief sleeves; sparkling magic; and balloons.

Basic stage submission: The Olympic Games

This would be the FD equivalent, taking place during opening night with a crowd from the world over watching as sparks and fireworks fly.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Center of the Universe
A completely original stage to the game, takes place in a dark void, but as it progresses further along, it starts getting more colorful and vivid. Clips from the original universes of the various franchises in the game flash briefly in the background from time to time. It will then cycle back into the dark, resetting the loop.

The stage itself would be a flat, technological platform with nothing on it. Basically, Final Destination in a nutshell.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Here is another copy-paste from that old NSFG thing I did.
SPECIALS
Neutral: Auto 9 – Robocop fires his handgun straight forward. These bullets go for a medium range and are small, but cause some knockback and can be fired off very quickly.
Up: Jetpack – Robocop pulls out his jetpack and attaches it to his back, flying upward in any direction for about 5 seconds before it disappears.
Forward: Gunarm – Robocop attaches his Gunarm and fires off a missile that can be angled and goes for a short range or until it hits something or someone before exploding. The explosion is small, but causes decent damage and knockback upon impact.
Down: Tactical Ordinance Grenade – Robocop throws one of these small explosives down onto the ground. After about ten seconds, or if someone steps on it, it will explode and send any opponents caught in its vicinity upward.

SUPERS
Lvl. 1: Data-Jack Punch – Robocop holds his hand up in front of him and releases a spike from it, then punches outward with the spiked hand. If he hits someone, they will be temporarily caught and stunned, while Robocop
Lvl. 2: Cobra Assault Cannon – Robocop pulls out this powerful gun and fires in the direction he angles it. If it hits something or someone, it will cause a decent-sized explosion, causing anyone caught in the blast to be sent flying.
Lvl. 3: Detroit Police Cruiser – An OCP police car drops to the stage and Robocop hopes in for a ride. He drives forward, and if he hits someone, they are spiked upward. After that, Robocop comes out of the top of the car, along with a rocket launcher that sprouts from the top. Robocop can fire three shots from the rocket launcher in any direction in front of him, which cause large explosions upon impact and are almost guaranteed to KO an opponent unless they’re really lucky, aren’t hit by it, or have very little damage. The explosion can also do some damage if the opponent isn’t hit by the initial missile and gets caught in its vicinity, but not as much.

Ronald, I think should have the scarf from TreasureLand Adventure as a grab/tether move, the balloons as an Up-B, a general magical spark to extend his combos, and his other moves should sort of act to assist himself or others if he's on a team, since he's a helpful sort. His side-B could be a spread of fries floating in mid-air that sets up a barrier, his magically generated M for a down-b that absorbs or deflects projectiles, and his neutral-B should simply be a cheeseburger, which will be a living one that can hop around most of the time and can do a light attack, but has a 5% chance of being a non-living burger that can heal himself or a teammate. Supers, I guess that giant burger/Road Roller-type one from MUGEN is alright, although I wanted to avoid just relying on the MUGEN version. The exploding apple can be more for a Super instead of a regular move, as well. I don't have a third idea, currently.

As for the basic stage idea, my nonsense one is Love Is A Battlefield. It's just Battlefield, but the platforms look more stereotypically 80's in design, and the background will have a few floating TVs that show imagery from various 80's music videos, most prominently this. You can throw in the occassional appearance from the MTV Moon Man, as well. No, not Mac Tonight.

Speaking of, I added RoboCop and Ronald's alt costumes to that doc, and I'll get to adding the other McDonald's profiles submitted soon, as well.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 38

Crossroads

Inspired by cities like Breezewood this stage would have the same layout as FD. The background would have a single road in the middle that goes from the bottom of the screen to the horizon and some cars would be driving on it, along the side of the background are dozens of signs that are the logos of the many franchises featured in this game.
----------------
Also are Music submissions open?

Last edited:
Battlefield Stage:
Heaven and Hell (Battlefield)

1643492474911.png

Heaven and Hell is a stage, where it locates between the Hell and Heavens. The map locates on the Border of it, which it possibly locates on Earth Reality.
Heaven is an afterlife dimension, where good and innocent souls go there.
Hell is an afterlife dimension, where bad souls go there and have sometime eternal punishments.

The Layout of map is same as Battlefield and it has mixed Hell-Heaven aesthetic like floating temples in Heaven and Volcanoes in Hell are in the far Background of the map. Also, the map has Columns placed as decoration on stage.
There are some cameo places like Heaven's Garden, where Adam and Eve eat an apple (They don't appear, but the place is still there).

Also, some Angels and Demons from Pop Culture media are flying in Background like Pit (Kid Icarus by Nintendo) in Heaven or Cacodemon (DOOM by Bethesda) in Hell. They don't do anything except flying in the Background and being harmless.

Also, it borrows some aesthetics from previous Smash Battlefield designs like notably the SSB4 and Ultimate ones due to floating temples in clouds.

The places like Heaven and Hell can switch their places at some point, making the map more unique-looking.
Occasionally, you can see our cartoonish God in Heaven and Cartoonish Satan in Hell and they don't do anything, but they appear as Easter eggs sometimes.

I nominate the variation of Battlefield, because it would look unique and appealing.
Besides that, Heaven and Hell are well-known commonplace in Pop-Culture like in games like DOOM or Kid Icarus for example or other media like Hazbin Hotel.
Also, the Stage could represent Religion (It's not gonna be rude for religious people, but we could need some depictions of religion in game, since concept of those afterlife places are very well known and recognizable since the appearance of it back before AD)

I hope you guys like this idea, since I wanted to do something unique...
(I mean, it could work as FD, but I wanted to do something more unique and interesting)

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
For the moveset job I do have a question about Ronald McDonald! My first thought was that he'd use some classic fry cook tools to fight the others, like whacking them with a ladle or grabbing them with tongs or slicing at them with a spatula. But on second thought do y'all think this would fit? It's somewhat violent, if you think about it. Would it be better to have him just fight with wacky cartoon movements and magic like he's depicted as in his animation/video game appearances?

Job #38: Google

1643399199522.png

The most popular page on the Internet has to be represented in the PCC somehow! As you might imagine, this is a very flat stage like Final Destination, taking place on the blank white canvas that is the Google Search page. The fighters would be fighting on top of the search bar. As it's a basic competitive stage, it would not have any major hazards or moving parts. All of the fun happens in the background. Sort of like how PictoChat in Smash will show the name of a fighter on the stage on the text box that the fighters brawl on, the search bar will sometimes have an offscreen Internet user typing in things related to the fighters currently participating in the battle. Stuff like their names, or maybe a quote they're famous for, or other slogans from their franchises. These terms wouldn't actually be searched since that would change the page. The other dynamic part is the Google logo at the top. Referencing the long tradition of Google Doodles, the logo would sometimes change to say the word "Google" in the font used in the logos of the fighters participating. Something like the famous Disney cursive if Mickey Mouse is there, or looking like the Star Wars text scrolls if Darth Vader is participating.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Multiversal Hub
Final Destination layout. It somewhat resembles Final Destination (in terms of platforms), but is more colorful. In this stage, there are cameos galore! I will try to list some examples, though be aware there will be massive bias. More cameo suggestions are welcome.
The stage flies around several different biomes in the background:

Plain Biome

(I intentionally chose Bliss as an image example) This would be your stereotypical grassy biome. There are hills as far as the eye can see.
  • Pokemon would roam around​
  • Some loop-dee-loops would appear as a homage to Green Hill Zone​
  • Creepers (Minecraft) can be seen wandering around. Blocky villages would appear as well, with Villagers in the outskirts of the village​
  • Hawk's Mama (Seven Deadly Sins) would be walking around, carrying the Boar Hat on its back​
  • A small village can be seen, which heavily resembles the towns from Animal Crossing. Look closely, and you can see animal villagers.​
  • Several early-level enemies in games can be seen, such as Koopa Troopas, Slimes (Dragon Quest), and Motobugs​
  • Several plants from the PvZ games can be seen​
  • Teletubbies can be seen roaming around (Suggestion by AIRex)​

Desert Biome

The grass stops and is replaced by... sand? Cacti and dunes would be littered around here.​
  • Aladdin can be seen flying around in a flying carpet.
  • Tusken Raiders (Star Wars) can be seen here.
  • Desert enemies can be found. Notable examples include Cactuars and Pokeys.
  • The Sandworm from Dune could randomly emerge.
Snow Biome

The snow stops and is replaced by... Snow? There would be cloudy skies and snowy mountains.
  • The ice castle from Frozen would appear. Marshmallow can be seen circling it.​
  • Jack Frosts (Shim Megami Tensei) can be seen around here.​
  • Speaking of Jack Frost, Jack Frost (Rise of the Guardians) can be seen floating around and chuckling.​
  • Several popular Christmas characters (Rudolph and Frosty for example) can be seen on mountains​
Water Biome

The snow stops and is replaced by... Water? Small islands can be seen, along with boats.​
  • The Kakamora (Moana) can be seen on their massive ship.​
  • The Going Merry/Thousand Sunny (One Piece) can be seen floating in the water.​
  • Disney cruise ships can be spotted.​
  • Cheep Cheeps can be seen jumping out of the Water. Gooper Blooper can also be spotted​
Metropolis Biome

Any cameos that wouldn't fit? They would end up here, in the Metropolis Biome.​
  • Several famous pop culture buildings can be seen:
    • The Avengers Tower
    • U.A High School
    • Doomfeshmirtz Evil Inc
    • Poke Centers
    • Simpsons House
  • There would be a TON of cameos of characters here. So yeah, a lot of character cameos

I understand that this is completely unrealistic, but man, this was really fun to type, so I'm satisfied. To be honest, I think this fits better as a hub world, so if we have a job based on that, I'll submit this.​

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #38: The Archives
22D78836-9735-4D20-BB6D-DE2A54745432.jpeg

This would be a completely original stage to the game. The Archives would be a huge library, filled with books/comics and discs (containing Cartoons, Anime/Manga, Video Games, and Live Action Shows & Movies inside). The Archives was once a library filled with knowledge about any media known to the world until it was lost to time forever. The Archives has become filled with overgrown grass, dust, cobwebs, and random creatures (fairies and crows).

The library’s main gimmick is that it has become magical. The magical force has lifted a damaged hallway into the air, bringing a few shelves along as well (into the background). Tables hover in the air as well, acting as the top two platforms. The Hazards could be occasional falling rubble that would brake on impact with the ground or a fighter. In the background, books and discs will begin to fly off into different shelves. Fairies (with the appearance of colorful balls of light) could be seen flying around, observing the library’s knowledge. Crows will also fly around the stage, occasionally stopping to watch the fight.

Since there are enemies based on Unrepresented franchise like Robots from Terminator, let's give a shot for Misc. Nintendo and SEGA enemies:
Nintendo enemies:
1. Octorok (Zelda)
2. Moblin (Zelda)
3. Bokoblin (Zelda)
4. Metroid
5. Waddle Dee (Kirby)
6. Ghastly (Pokemon)
7. Devil Car (Mother)
8. Octosniper (Splatoon)
9. Balloon Enemy (Balloon Fight)
10. Smick (Gyromite)

SEGA Enemies:
1. Kaicho (Alex Kidd)
2. IDA (Space Harrier)
3. Dralinflore (Fantasy Zone)
4. Chickenleg (Golden Axe)
5. Orblet (Ristar)
6. Affinity (Bayonetta)
7. Zombie (House of the Dead)
8. Rappy (Phantasy Star)
9. Hennin Ninja (Shinobi)
10. Mothman (SMT)

In terms of Hell and Heaven Battlefield stage, we can tone it down to make it Kid-Friendly for everyone.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Basic Stage Submission: Broadway

The layout of the map would be Final Destination. In this level, the pop culture characters will battle on a stage-like stage like in a broadway theater. In the background, you'll see actors dancing and all that. This will be Pop Culture Clash: The Musical. I'm sorry if this is not neutral enough per say but I can imagine various arrangements of songs from characters franchises being played in the background. Also, we can add music from theater productions if possible.
tech-in-utica-background.jpg
hat.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Somewhat glad I left this open for a bit, because we got a good amount of creative and interesting submissions for the stages. Gonna leave Ronald open for a bit more just to get another Super idea, pretty much, but my RoboCop moveset didn't seem to have objections to it.

Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario The Olympic Games
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Center of the Universe
AlRex AlRex Love Is A Battlefield
cashregister9 cashregister9 Crossroads
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Heaven & Hell
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Google
Yiptap Yiptap Multiversal Hub
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 The Archives
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Broadway

1. Multiversal Hub
2. The Archives
3. Google
Too many good options, but this is my vote for now.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Somewhat glad I left this open for a bit, because we got a good amount of creative and interesting submissions for the stages. Gonna leave Ronald open for a bit more just to get another Super idea, pretty much, but my RoboCop moveset didn't seem to have objections to it.

Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario The Olympic Games
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Center of the Universe
AlRex AlRex Love Is A Battlefield
cashregister9 cashregister9 Crossroads
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Heaven & Hell
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Google
Yiptap Yiptap Multiversal Hub
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 The Archives
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast Broadway

1. Multiversal Hub
2. The Archives
3. Google
Too many good options, but this is my vote for now.
Multiversal Hub
Google
The Archives

I have some ideas for more enemies:
Mickey mouse:
  • Evil Ink
  • Parrots (Mickey Mania)

Mario:
  • Shy Guys
  • Thwomps
  • Electrogoomba (Mario Galaxy)
  • Ty-Foo (Mario 3D World)
  • Sherm (Super Mario Odyssey)

Sonic:
  • Bat Brain
  • Newtron
  • Grounders
  • Egg-shaped Badnik (Sonic Movie 2020)
(I just wanna revive this thread, since you're very busy AlRex AlRex )

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
It was a slightly stressful week IRL, but I'll close the voting here now.
Multiversal Hub: 18
The Archives: 11
Google: 17
Crossroads: 5
Olympics: 5
Broadway: 5
Center of the Universe: 3
Hell and Heaven: 2
I'll add the Multiversal Hub, but like I've said before, you can re-nominate previous content you've submitted. Especially since Google got very close. Congratulations to Yiptap Yiptap here!

Here are two jobs right nowwwww
Job #39: Submit weapon items.
Guns? Swords? A baseball bat? An explosive? Brass knuckles? Anything goes here for something you can use to hurt a foe.

Job #40: Submit another superhero.
I suppose a specific genre, but I still wanted it to be somewhat broad. I'll do a submission for both of these in a moment.

Job 40:
Spiderman (Spiderman)

1643909712457.png

Spiderman, aka Peter Parker is the main protagonist of Marvel Comics of the same name. He was a mean-spirited teenager, who was on the school trip and he noticed a radioactive spider that he bit him and he got the spider-themed superpowers like Web Swinging or Web shooting for example.
He has since been featured in movies, television shows, video games, and plays. Spider-Man is the alias of Peter Parker, an orphan raised by his Aunt May and Uncle Ben in New York City after his parents Richard and Mary Parker died in a plane crash. Lee and Ditko had the character deal with the struggles of adolescence and financial issues and gave him many supporting characters, such as Flash Thompson, J. Jonah Jameson and Harry Osborn, romantic interests Gwen Stacy, Mary Jane Watson and the Black Cat, and foes such as Doctor Octopus, the Green Goblin and Venom. In his origin story, he gets spider-related abilities from a bite from a radioactive spider; these include clinging to surfaces, superhuman strength and agility, and detecting danger with his "spider-sense." He also builds wrist-mounted "web-shooter" devices that shoot artificial spider webs of his own design.

Spider-man is one of iconic comic characters along with Batman and others, so he could deserve a spot on the roster of Pop-culture clash and he is also one of most influencial superheroes along with Superman and Batman.

His moveset could revolve about his powers like Web swinging or Web shooting, which it could be also unique and cool comparing to others' movesets.
He could also retain his moves from random media like games (Ex. Marvel vs Capcom) or Movies and even comics. For crying out loud, how cool is that?

I nominate Spiderman as superhero rep, because he is most iconic and recognizable hero to be in the game, nuff said.

Job 39:
Baseball Bat (Real Life/Sports)

1643915391057.png

Baseball Bat is a item, which you reflect the ball. Acts same like in Smash.
Also, this bat has logos of Famous Baseball Teams like The Mets or etc.

Attachments

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Job 39: ACME Co. Dynamite and Rockets (Roadrunner, mores Looney Tunes)
Unknown.jpeg

It would function similar to the Bob-Ombs from Mario in how they work in the Smash Bros series. You can pick them up and throw them. Otherwise, they can self-destruct at a certain period of time.

Job 40: Tommy Oliver (Power Rangers)
maxresdefault.jpg

Power Rangers is another super iconic brand focusing around superheroes. While they did originate in Japan (ala Super Sentai), I feel more people around the world know the American adaptation better. While the brand is no Marvel, we do not have anything to really represent tokusatsu (the live action Japanese genre of tv and film). Who better to represent toku superheroes rather than the most legendary Power Ranger himself.

His moveset can pull some inspiration from the series ala using swords, karate moves, etc. along with some of the moves from Power Rangers: Battle For The Grid and the various video games that have him featured in it. Also, I got to meet Jason David Frank (Tommy Oliver's actor) at a comic book store in my home state. Who better for our second superhero in this game to be none other than Tommy himself?

Last edited:
Top Bottom