• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash

Should Godzilla and King Kong be swapped for MechaGodzilla and MechaniKong as bosses?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only Godzilla/MechaGodzilla

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Only King Kong/MechaniKong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Chokey Chicken (Rocko's Modern Life)

The favourite raunchily-named fast food joint of the residents of O-Town, take a bite of Chokey Chicken and you'll be healed a hefty 50%! However, be warned - it's not just called "Chokey" for a sneaky innuendo, some time later in your stock it'll bite back and give you 25% damage - you never know when that damage will be restored (at the very least it'll be under a minute and a half but over 30 seconds), and the only way to stop it is if you lose a stock

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Chug Splash / Chili Chug Splash (Fortnite)

This is a healing item that you pick up and throw, once the item makes impact it explodes into a small radius of healing, Anyone who is in the radius is healed a little bit. The Chili variant is rarer and increases the speed of those hit in addition to the heals.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Job #32: Golden Apple

1642462741599.png

The concept of a magical golden apple is worldwide. Similar to the flood myth, it seems to rise up independently in various pieces of folklore from thousands of miles apart. From the ancient Greek legends of the Apple of Discord to fairytales in Russian to Irish mythology... I'm still picking the Minecraft iteration anyway tho. It'll just restore a massive amount of health, like a Heart Container.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Added in the new stages, as well as the Adventure Mode, which I forgot earlier. D'oh. You can submit BBC, WWE, Star Trek, and Living Dead-related content, as well. As for my own submission for the healing item:
Cornucopia (AKA Horn of Plenty)
horn-of-plenty.gif

This is a general item, not really specific to one series or anything. You pick this up and "attack" it, or even just directly attack and throw it around, to drop out various types of food that you can eat to heal and recover damage, though it will run out after a bit, similar to a laser gun item. I gotta limit it so that it isn't, well, limitless for a game.

Healing Item:
Fairy Bottle (Legend of Zelda)

Fairy Bottle is a item from Legend of Zelda series and it's a bottle, where Fairy is trapped inside.

When you pick up the Item, you will throw it and release a Fairy and she heals you 100% of your life. There is one Fairy inside of it.
That Item really acts like in Smash.

I nominate this item, because it could represent Legend of Zelda franchise and this item could be useful for serious fights.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
BBC music:
  • Intro - BBC News
  • Batwings ident - BBC
  • Tell That Aardvark It's A Wrap - CBBC
  • Great Ocean Road - Ceefax
  • Intro - Eastenders
  • Intro - Countryfile
  • Intro - SMart
  • Gallery - SMart
  • Intro - Bear Behaving Badly
  • Intro - The Story Makers
  • Intro - Balamory
  • Mr. Blobby - Noel's House Party
  • Intro - Horrible Histories
  • Charles II, King of Bling - Horrible Histories
  • Divorced, Beheaded, and Died - Horrible Histories
I've opted not to include any IPs I feel could have further rep like Dr. Who; Wallace & Gromit; or Teletubbies (the later 2 technically aren't owned by BBC anyway)

New Sonic music submissions:
1. Theme of Infinite - Sonic Forces
2. Vs. Dr. Eggman (Classic Sonic) (Sonic Forces) (Phase 1 & 2 Mixed)
3. Green Hill (Sonic Forces)
4. Keep me Up - Ty Dolla Sign, Wiz Khalifa
5. Where Evil Grows - The Poppy Family
6. Open your Heart - Crush 40
7. EGGMAN (Sonic Adventure 2/Sonic and SEGA Allstars Racing Transformed)

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
For the record, if a series gets in later, I can separate it out/add to it later, so you shouldn't be too worried if Doctor Who ends up on the BBC's music list.
I'm gonna update the OP with some BBC, Star Trek, Sonic, and WWE stuff, and in a moment, I'll also start up voting on the health items.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
For the record, if a series gets in later, I can separate it out/add to it later, so you shouldn't be too worried if Doctor Who ends up on the BBC's music list.
I'm gonna update the OP with some BBC, Star Trek, Sonic, and WWE stuff, and in a moment, I'll also start up voting on the health items.
Might as well add some suggestions
1. Doctor Who Main Theme (Medley)
2. The Dark and Endless Dalek Night
3. Cybermen (Medley of both main Cybermen themes from the modern series)
4. Spymaster
5. The Carrionites Swarm
6. Slitheen
7. Doomsday
8. Hanging on the Tablaphone
9. All the Strange Creatures
10. I am the Doctor
11. The Majestic Tale of a Madman in a Box
12. Pudding Brains
13. The Majestic Tale of an Idiot in a Box
14. The Long Song
15. This is Gallifrey: Our Childhood, Our Home
16. Death in Heaven: Freefall
17. Am I a Good Man?

AlRex

Smash Lord
Music is pretty well updated. Quite a surprising array I've added now...
Here's the voting for health items...
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Chokey Chicken (Rocko's Modern Life)
cashregister9 cashregister9 Chug Splash/Chili Chug Splash (Fortnite)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Golden Apple [mythology/Minecraft]
HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 Dr. Mario's Pills (Mario)
AlRex AlRex Cornucopia/Horn of Plenty
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Fairy Bottle (Legend of Zelda)
@Darkonedagger Sensu Bean (Dragon Ball)

My personal votes will be...
1. Sensu Bean
2. Golden Apple
3. Cornucopia

AlRex

Smash Lord
Sensu Bean: 7
Golden Apple: 15
Cornucopia: 11
Chokey: 2
Chug: 4
Fairy Bottle: 3
Pills: 0
It seems we will get the Golden Apple and the Cornucopia! Congrats to Dan Quixote Dan Quixote !

Job #33: Submit any sort of side-mode.
Any mode that wouldn’t be considered a main gameplay mode, so, not a single-player campaign like a Classic, Arcade, or Adventure Mode, and not regular VS Mode. What else could there be? Go ahead and give some ideas!

JOB 33:
Training Mode

Training Mode is a Mode, where you train your character by checking it's moves, Items, opponents of etc. It works like in Traditional Fighting Games and even Smash.
You can select what Items, Pokemon or Assist Trophies can appear. Also you can train on Weaker up to Strongest.

I nominate Training Mode, because it would fit as Side-Mode that could appear in "Pop-Culture Clash". How this game wold look like if we didn't include Training Mode in game?

(Did I followed the Prompt?)

AlRex

Smash Lord
I'm gonna resubmit this one, sure.
My Multiplayer Mode submission will be a strange one: PCC Jam
Named for NBA Jam, the classic 90's arcade basketball game with exaggerated effects and its own pop cultural guest stars, we will have a mode that simulates basketball, with the characters still fighting each other, of course. The characters will fight on a large platform with two hoops on each end, knocking each other around, but rather than the main goal being trying to knock each off the stage (though you can do that, I suppose), the main goal is to knock the other player(s) into the hoop opposite your side. There will be teams, though you can just have 2 players instead of 3, 4, etc. Other hazards can exist, mostly cannons will show up that can launch foes a certain distance. Basically, it will be a formally scored version of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3PgjpX0Ts8 , but with added effects and voice lines from NBA Jam (I.E. "He's heating up! He's on fire!" "Boomshakalaka!"). There will be timers, usually, much like basketball, or you can play on "HORSE" mode, where you simply play until you or the other player scores five points, or five letters, spelling the word "HORSE", in case you haven't heard of that game before.

AlRex

Smash Lord
In a bit, I'll add the two modes from this.

Job #34: Submit an Assist from a represented series and one from an unrepresented one
The top voted one from both categories will be added (so two assists will be added from this job). You can submit Pokemon if you want, as well, but only one for this.

I’ll probably submit…

Typewriter (Sesame Street)
This little guy wheels around, then starts typing on his keys, which can produce either an item, summon another random assist or enemy, or even inflict status effects upon the foes of the player who summoned him.

Zorro
Zorro is pretty simple, he will jump around the stage doing a bunch of sword slashes, finishing off with a powerful “Z” slash that shows the actual letter on-screen as an after-effect, with heavy launching power.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Supergirl
supergirl render.png

Supergirl flys across the screen with her fist out hitting anyone that gets in her way, occasionally pausing and diving at opponents.

slimer_render_by_beruangamation-db5xvl5.png

Slimer

Slimer also flies around the screen, but at a much slower and more erratic pattern.

Not only does anyone Slimer fly through take damage, but they're left "slimed" and for a short time will move more slowly and their jumps won't be as high.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Non-repped: Yutaro Katori (The Brave Fighter of Sun Fighbird)

Loopholes go brrrrr. Functions similarly to the Unown Pokéball in Melee, he spawns with a butterfly and asks if it's a pigeon, the butterfly then flies away in a single direction, with more butterflies following in that same direction. Being inside the pigeon storm won't stun or give knockback, but will give damage.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 34

ED-209 (Robocop)

ED-209 would spawn and say "You have X seconds to comply" however many seconds it says is how long you have to destroy it before it starts shooting it's guns dealing tremendous damage to opponents.

Ghostface (Scream)

Once summoned Ghostface will pose before going invisible and moves to another part of the stage where they become visible and chase opponents with his Knife, If Ghostface catches an opponent he will stab them instantly KO-ing them. Ghostface can be easily tripped.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Job #34a: Waluigi

1642790128922.png

It had to be done. This guy has taken on his own pop culture status as an assist in a fighting game, so how about we continue that legacy? I imagine he would act quite similar to how he does in Smash.

Job #34b: Green Army Men

1642790085270.png

These famous toys come by the hundreds in large buckets, allowing any kid to truly create a toy army by setting these up. They would work similarly to the old Infantry & Tanks Assis Trophy, now that that's been taken out of the game. Though without the tank of course. The miniscule soldiers would fire shots from their guns and rocket launchers as they waddle across the stage for a short time.

Job 34:
Represented:
Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Tails is one of Iconic Sonic character and Sonic's Sidekick. Nuff said about him, since you guys know him.
When summoned, he would fly around the Stage and Summoner can use him as Helicopter device to fly around the stage. Also he could damage opponents in the Air when used as Assist Character.
He can be KOed.

Non-Represented:
Mega Man (Megaman)

Megaman
is main Protagonist of Megaman video game series and he is a Robot, who was made by Dr. Light to fight other Robot Masters like Cut Man or Air Man. Megaman was made by Capcom and he is one of Iconic VG character that could deserve to be as Assist Character in Pop-Culture Clash.
His inclusion could make sense, since he could represent Capcom company.

When summoned, he run and jump around the stage. He could shoot out the Bullets and even stuff like Metal Blades and other stuff that he has in Arsenal. His role is limited as Assist, so you won't expect him to be Playable.
He can be KOed.
(I don't know if he will be a Fighter, but he could be great Assist this time)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yoda_TPM_RotS.png

Yoda
Yoda will stand in the middle of the stage and will force push anyone who gets too close. You can try and attack him, but then be will surprise you by pulling put his lightsaber and attacking.

Light Yagami
Would work pretty similarly to the (now removed) assist from Smash Flash 2. He will take out the death note and start writing, the character who he writes receives great damage. This is a rare asssit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Sans

Sans would stay in the background of the stage and summon Gaster Blasters to attack his opponents. He could also turn a character's SOUL (Represented by a blue heart that appears in front of the fighter when he is summoned) blue, causing him to launch the opponents across the stage. I nominate Sans because he's, well, Sans.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Alright, here we are with voting!
AlRex AlRex Typewriter (Sesame Street)
Oddball Oddball Supergirl (DC Comics)
cashregister9 cashregister9 ED-209 (RoboCop)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Waluigi (Mario)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Tails (Sonic)
@Darkonedagger Yoda (Star Wars)

AlRex AlRex Zorro
Oddball Oddball Slimer (Ghostbusters)
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Yutaro Katori (The Brave Fighter of Sun Fighbird)
cashregister9 cashregister9 Ghostface (Scream)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Green Army Men
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Mega Man
Yiptap Yiptap Sans (Undertale)

As per usual, my personal picks:
1. Tails
2. ED-209
3. Typewriter

1. Slimer
2. Green Army Men
3. Yutaro Katori

I don't want to necessarily cut out the possibility of Mega Man getting on the main roster quite yet, though he still has some competition. Also Slimer getting in wouldn't preclude the Ghostbusters themselves having a shot, either.

Top Bottom