• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Pop Culture Clash

Should Godzilla and King Kong be swapped for MechaGodzilla and MechaniKong as bosses?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only Godzilla/MechaGodzilla

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Only King Kong/MechaniKong

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Alright, here we are with voting!
AlRex AlRex Typewriter (Sesame Street)
Oddball Oddball Supergirl (DC Comics)
cashregister9 cashregister9 ED-209 (RoboCop)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Waluigi (Mario)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Tails (Sonic)
@Darkonedagger Yoda (Star Wars)

AlRex AlRex Zorro
Oddball Oddball Slimer (Ghostbusters)
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Yutaro Katori (The Brave Fighter of Sun Fighbird)
cashregister9 cashregister9 Ghostface (Scream)
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Green Army Men
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Mega Man
Yiptap Yiptap Sans (Undertale)

As per usual, my personal picks:
1. Tails
2. ED-209
3. Typewriter

1. Slimer
2. Green Army Men
3. Yutaro Katori

I don't want to necessarily cut out the possibility of Mega Man getting on the main roster quite yet, though he still has some competition. Also Slimer getting in wouldn't preclude the Ghostbusters themselves having a shot, either.
Supergirl
Yoda
ED-209

Ghostface
Slimer
Mega Man

AlRex

Smash Lord
Voting counted up now.
Tails: 12
ED-209: 20
Typewriter: 6
Yoda: 17
Supergirl: 14
Waluigi: 3

Slimer: 19
Green Army Men: 9
Yutaro Katori: 1
Zorro: 17
Sans: 8
Ghostface: 10
Light: 2
Mega Man: 6

It was close, but now we have ED-209 and Slimer as the winners! Good job for 80's movies, it seems, and cashregister9 cashregister9 and Oddball Oddball , as well!

And now, we're back to a character job...
Job #35: Submit a mascot character of some kind.
This can be an advertising mascot, a character who is emblematic of an entire company or specific artist, even a sports mascot if you are so inclined. This is a fairly broad category that has potential to put in numerous iconic characters. You can even submit characters who are mascots within the fiction, if you're so inclined. To give you an idea of some options:

I'm gonna submit Barbie.
Barbie_Roberts_Dreamhouse_Adventures.png

She's basically Mattel's most known character and toy, except maybe He-Man and their board games, but she has been around longer than the former and the board games owned by Mattel are probably more known just as the board games rather specifically being Mattel. Anyways, she's been around for so many years, and has taken on a variety of careers, along with accessories to match. She's also perhaps one of the most known female characters and toy characters in general, so she more than qualifies, as odd and varied and Mr. Game & Watch-esque as her moveset could potentially be. She'll definitely at least need to use a giant hairbrush and run her over people with her pink car.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Luxo Jr.

Mascot of the highly influential animation studio Pixar, Luxo Jr. serves as a "two-in-one" of sorts: a mascot for Pixar and a mascot for Luxo, the lamp company he was named after. He likes to hop around (usually targeting the letter I) and play with a ball, which could lead to moveset ideas. He has also on occasion been depicted with a wire and plug, which he could use in a whip-like fashion in combat.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Kitty White

Created by and is the mascot of Sanrio, This cool cat is arguably one of the most recognizable things on the planet. Kitty White has been thrown onto literal thousands of items.

In terms of move set she could use any of her items or even other Sanrio characters

If we are celebrating pop Culture Kitty White would be a great choice

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Kumamon

Kumamon is the most famous Japanese mascot, which are known as yuru-chara. He could use his epic dance moves for some attacks, create large bonfires in others, and even summon other Japanese mascots for attacks! (Notable examples include Chiitan, Shinjo-kun, and Hikonyan, the first Yuru-Chara contest winner). Hell, you could give Kumamon moves that reference other Japanese mascots, since Kumamon is THE Japanese mascot (Chiitan makes a lot of skits, so Kumamon could pull from that).

Mascot Character:
Ronald McDonald (McDonalds)

Ronald McDonald was former mascot of Fast Food restaurants "McDonald's", which he was popular during 1970's-2003 and he wasn't that used too much anymore.
Ronald was a Clown that he represented McDonald's itself and he had friends like Hamburglar and Grimace. He was created by Oscar Goldstein as a mascot for McDonald's.

Ronald has a lot of multimedia stuff that he had like Video Games, his amusement Park called McDonaldLand and even VHS animated movie.

Ronald McDonald could have interesting moveset potential, like he could use McDonald's stuff for his attacks like he could use Magic Dust attack from his Mega Drive game. He also could use Food as Shield Special to heal him from damage.
His moveset could be also inspired by MUGEN one, which it was really popular Incarnation of Ronald.
One of His Super Moves could revolve around McDonald's, which he could summon his friends to attack the opponents in Cinematic Final Smash move.

I nominate Ronald McDonald, because he could represent McDonald's and he could have even minor representation of Other Fast Food chains like Burger King or KFC.
Besides, his popularity is so huge that people around the whole world could recognize him (West and East).
Ronald McDonald coukd be also cool inclusion, since he is a McDonald's Mascot that it's popularity peaked between 1970's and early 2000's. Despite he was phased out, he is still found in some McDonald restaurants around the World.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Eddie

Eddie is the skeletal mascot of the English heavy metal band Iron Maiden. He appears on all their album covers and their merch. Getting some kind of music character would be neat and he has a number of appearances that could be costumes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Pikachu
1642955344246.png

Pikachu is the mascot of both the Pokemon Company and Game Freak. Pokemon is one of the most popular and recognizable franchises ever, and Pikachu is one of the main characters in the anime and has had multiple games with his name in the title. Plus, having pokeball Pokemon but not a playable Pokemon feels kind of weird.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Noid.jpg

The Noid

The Noid was an advertising mascot for Domino's Pizza created in the 80s. This little weirdo in the rabbit eared costume would do anything in his power to ensure pizza was either ruined or not delivered on time, and of course, he would fail every time.

The Noid has been featured on the SImpsons, Family Guy, and in a Crash Bandicoot mobile game among other things. He's also got a fairly decent NES game.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Mr. Clean
619D20A0-3831-45BC-AC71-49E979FF3FC5.jpeg

Mr. Clean is the legendary mascot of the Mr. Clean company & products. Mr. Clean had been around since 1956 and has traveled all across the world to learn the best techniques to clean your house. He’s done almost anything you could think of, except entering a fighting game. Mr. Clean’s moveset could basically just involve him cleaning with his own supplies. For example, Mr. Clean could hit fighters with his Mr. Clean Deluxe Angel Broom while getting rid of crumbs or Mr. Clean could mop certain parts of the stage with his Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Squeeze Mop to cause fighters to slip where he was mopping. Mr. Clean could also pull from his hobbies, like driving his motorcycle or arm wrestling. Mr. Clean has a ton of commercials to pull from for moveset ideas.

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord

AlRex

Smash Lord
The votes here...
Ronald: 22
Pikachu: 15
Kitty White: 4
The Noid: 7
Luxo Jr.: 1
Mr. Clean: 5
Barbie: 9
Kumamon: 1
Eddie: 2

I think it's safe to call it for Ronald McDonald. Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds ! I will accept any general fast food, restaurant, and soda content for Ronald, although this wouldn't preclude, say, Pepsiman eventually getting on the main roster.

Job #36: Who should be the announcer(s)?
Exactly what it says. Narration is key to many games, shows, movies, books on tape, etc. So let's have this for fun. I think for this one, we'll allow multiple options, so while you should only submit one, the top two or three may be selected from this job!

I'm gonna be silly, and go with Microsoft Sam. The infamous old text-to-speech himself. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_text-to-speech_voices
There are unfortunately some words it can't say normally, but that's nothing creative typing can't fix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDZFWbKFf9M For Mac users, I'm kind of cheating with this, but there should also be an option for Macintosh Fred. I dunno what to do for Linux users.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 36

Joel Robinson, Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot (Mystery Science Theater 3000)

These are the 3 main characters in Mystery Science Theater 3000 a comedy show where the three of them riff on movies. This show is quite popular and these three would be a fun choice for an announcer.

Here is a sample of their voices and style

Last edited:
Announcer submission:
Wiz and Boomstick (Death Battle!)

Wizard and Boomstick are main hosts of Web series "Death Battle", which they analyze the contestants their weaknesses and their powers.
Wizard "Wiz" is a scientist that has Robotic arm and his partner is Boomstick, a guy whose leg is a Shotgun leg.
Their show is very popular among fans and they could fit as Announcers in Pop-Culture Clash.

They could use their samples and style or they could voice act the Announcer's role like in Smash with their style.

I nominate them as Announcers, because their role could fit in Pop-Culture Fighting since their show is actually based on Pop-Culture itself, where characters from famous media fight in a Duel.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Chris McLean
2C223BBC-CCC1-4E11-9EA9-6F93E444B501.jpeg

Chris McLean is the host of the fictional reality tv show, Total Drama. Total Drama involves contestants going through deadly chaotic challenges for a chance to receive one million dollars. It would make sense for Chris to announce all the chaos unfolding on the stage. Below are some videos with Chris McLean and his voice lines on the show.

Fan-Made Challenge Announcement Voice Line:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My submission will be the French Narrator from SpongeBob.

Here's some music subs for Ronald - I don't know what the verdict on allowing fan games like Yo! Noid 2 is, but I feel if Dilbert 3 was allowed these should be too. Also not sure on Rock N' Roll McDonald's given it's basically a McDonald's diss track.

1. Food, Folks and Fun - McDonald's
  2. McDonald's Menu Song - McDonald's
  3. I'm Lovin' It - Justin Timberlake
  4. Mac Tonight - McDonald's
  5. Cave - McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
  6. Final Boss - McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
  7. City - McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
  8. Train - McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
  9. Level Theme 1 - MC Kids
  10. Down to Earth - MAC and Me
  11. Waves - MAC and Me
  12. Intro - The Wacky Adventures of Ronald McDonald
  13. McDonald's Pakistan CGI Medley - McDonald's
  14. Title - Mick and Mack: Global Gladiators
  15. Fast Food Song - Fast Food Rockers
  16. Rock N' Roll McDonald's - Wesley Willis
  17. Rivals Theme - I Love You, Colonel Sanders!
  18. Stage 1 - Yo! Noid
  19. Stage 13 - Yo! Noid
  20. Plizzanet - Yo! Noid 2: Enter the Void
  21. Swing Factory - Yo! Noid 2: Enter the Void
  22. Pepsiman theme - Pepsiman
  23. Crunk Thuggin' - Pepsi
  24. Rave Dance Tune - Cool Spot
  25. Fido Dido theme - 7up
  26. Fresh Goes Better - Mentos
  27. BGM 6 - Quavers: One Step Beyond

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Here's some music subs for Ronald - I don't know what the verdict on allowing fan games like Yo! Noid 2 is, but I feel if Dilbert 3 was allowed these should be too. Also not sure on Rock N' Roll McDonald's given it's basically a McDonald's diss track.

1. Food, Folks and Fun - McDonald's
  2. McDonald's Menu Song - McDonald's
  3. I'm Lovin' It - Justin Timberlake
  4. Mac Tonight - McDonald's
  5. Cave - McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
  6. Final Boss - McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
  7. City - McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
  8. Train - McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure
  9. Level Theme 1 - MC Kids
  10. Down to Earth - MAC and Me
  11. Waves - MAC and Me
  12. Intro - The Wacky Adventures of Ronald McDonald
  13. McDonald's Pakistan CGI Medley - McDonald's
  14. Title - Mick and Mack: Global Gladiators
  15. Fast Food Song - Fast Food Rockers
  16. Rock N' Roll McDonald's - Wesley Willis
  17. Rivals Theme - I Love You, Colonel Sanders!
  18. Stage 1 - Yo! Noid
  19. Stage 13 - Yo! Noid
  20. Plizzanet - Yo! Noid 2: Enter the Void
  21. Swing Factory - Yo! Noid 2: Enter the Void
  22. Pepsiman theme - Pepsiman
  23. Crunk Thuggin' - Pepsi
  24. Rave Dance Tune - Cool Spot
  25. Fido Dido theme - 7up
  26. Fresh Goes Better - Mentos
  27. BGM 6 - Quavers: One Step Beyond
mac and me is my favorite bad movie ever I love it so much lol.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Some fast food profiles:
  • The Burger King
  • Wendy
  • Chick Fil A Cows (I believe they are called 'Covert Cows', but I'm not 100 percent sure)
I hope cereal mascots are allowed:
  • Toucan Sam
  • Tony Tiger
  • Buzz Bee
  • Lucy the Leprechaun
  • Cap'n Crunch
  • Cornelius the Rooster (Cornflakes)
  • Snap, Crackle, Pop
Sorry for not voting last time, I kinda forgot lol

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Job #36: Don LaFontaine

1643219652503.png

In a world... This man, Don LaFontaine, perfected the art of the movie trailer in the late 20th century, He voice literally thousands of trailers and became the voice OF movies for a long time. That phrase "in a world"? Yeah he invented that. Look up his voice and you WILL immediately recognize it. Sadly he did pass away a few years back, but this is a fictional game anyway so some movie magic could be employed here.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I am very late to this, so you can maybe expect two jobs after this voting, oh boy. But anyways, here is the voting for nowww
AlRex AlRex Microsoft Sam
cashregister9 cashregister9 Joel Robinson, Tom Servo, and Crow T. Robot (Mystery Science Theater 3000)
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds Wiz and Boomstick (DEATH BATTLE)
evanwoo10 evanwoo10 Chris McLean (Total Drama Island)
Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule Paul St. Peter (Soul Calibur)
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario French Narrator (SpongeBob SquarePants)
@Darkonedagger Michael Buffer
Dan Quixote Dan Quixote Don LaFontaine

My personal votes
1. Michael Buffer
2. Joel, Tom, and Crow
3. Paul St. Peter
A lot of good choices here, so it's hard.

Top Bottom