• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Mobile Lab will be a kart.

Fozzie's alt will be Old Fozziwig, Piggy's will be First Mate Piggy, Rowlf's will be - by removing my vote for Dr. Bob - the Ghost Organist, the Electric Mayhem's will be their tuxedos, and...

Kermit
  1. Kermit Hyde
  2. Evil "Kermit" = 6
  3. Phillip Phil = 4
  4. Reporter Kermit = 11

Gonzo
  1. Black Knight = 4
  2. Charles Dickins = 9
  3. Mummy = 2
  4. Muppets from Space = 6
Kermit's skin will be Reporter Kermit while Gonzo's will be Charles Dickins

1. Reporter Kermit
2. Phillip Phil

1. Muppets from Space
2. Charles Dickins

Animal Drum Wheel

View attachment 361991
Kermit Lillypad Wheels

View attachment 362000
Kermit's Banjo Wheels
1. Evil "Kermit"
2. Reporter Kermit

1. Charles Dickens Gonzo
2. Black Knight Gonzo

Wheels:

A standard wheel with The Muppet Show logo on it

View attachment 361993

Mahna Mahna Wheel

View attachment 361994

Gonzo's Lucky Plunger Wheels (the bottom part of the plunger makes up the wheels)

View attachment 361995
A single wheel:
Baby Animal's Drum

1. Dickins
  2. Muppets from Space

1. Philip Phil
  2. Evil "Kermit"
  1. Reporter
  2. Philip

1. Black Knight
  2. Mummy
Wheels Submit:
View attachment 362011

Cream Pie Wheels (Would reference the pie running gag)
  1. Baby Animal's Drum
  2. Gonzo's Lucky Plunger
  3. Mahna Mahna Wheel
  4. Muppet Show Logo wheel
  5. Kermit's Banjo
  6. Kermit's Lilypad
  7. Animal's Drum
  8. Cream Pie
Please vote for your top 4
ScoreNormal Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a franchise from the 2010s!

So far we've had two long-standing, multigenerational franchises - let's get a little more risky: submit a franchise from the 2010s and its first 3 characters! I will allow some franchises with roots in the 2000s so long as they either 1. came out in '08 or '09 (like Angry Birds) or didn't really exist in the form it's now known as until the 2010s (like Adventure Time). Memes - like Nyan Cat, Rage Comics, or Doge - are elegible.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Inside Out - Joy and Sadness, Fear; Anger and Disgust, Bing Bong

I went with the teams so that, should this win, everyone will be forced to choose unique characters instead of fill-in-the-blanks, heh. Either way it's a beloved, creative movie with locales fit for a kart racer and there's a sequel on the way. There aren't the most characters but I think there's still enough to draw from for an extra 3 racers, especially if we tap into the cut emotions

1. Muppet Show Logo
2. Kermit's Banjo
3. Animal's Drum
4. Kermit's Lilypad

2010s Franchise: The Lego Movie
The three characters will be Emmet, Wildstyle and Batman.
The Lego Movie is elegible, but not the crossovers like Batman

1. Animal's Drum
  2. Pie
  3. Baby Drum
  4. Muppet Logo

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Kermit’s Lilypad
2. Gonzo’s Lucky Plunger
3. The Muppet Show Logo
4. Animal’s Drum

2010s Franchise:

PAW Patrol

B59C7756-CAED-4CA8-A90E-2AB502D74810.jpeg

Debuting in 2013, this Nick Jr/Spin Master IP has made waves in the preschool world. Since the last 2 franchises in this game are family based, why not have a preschool franchise to get the younger kiddos interested in this crossover? This would be tons of fun to add for sure. After all, there’s a sequel coming out for the PAW Patrol movie as well as a spinoff series for Rubble coming soon. The perfect meme and preschool audience attracting choice.

Characters:

Ryder (the human leader of the team)

Chase (the police dog)

Everest (a pup who joined later on, was not initally there, plus a female rep)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. Muppet Show Logo
  2. Kermit's Banjo
  3. Cream Pie
  4. Animal's Drum
God, it's tough picking a franchise for this job. I had so many ideas for potential franchises, but for now, I wanna stick to the one I feel has the most potential.

I will allow some franchises with roots in the 2000s... (like Angry Birds)
Don't mind if I do...

Franchise: Angry Birds

While their star may have faded from their insane popularity in the early 10's, the Angry Birds are still going strong to this day, with the original game being remastered for modern phones not too long ago. With a wide cast of characters, a lot of track potential thanks to its several locations and themes, and one or two games centered around vehicles and/or racing entirely, these furious fowl and their pig enemies wouldn't be out of place in a kart racer.

As for my three picks (all using their game designs as opposed to the movies')...
  • Red (The first one you meet, the first bird to tweet. The de-facto lead protagonist of the series.)
  • Chuck (Being the fastest bird in the flock, Chuck is a no-brainer. Heck, he was even the final boss of Angry Birds Go!)
  • Ross (While I was initially considering King Pig, I feel like Ross, the main protagonist of Bad Piggies, would be a slightly more surprising inclusion and probably the best chance we have to get a normal pig on the roster.)

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Tire Votes:
  1. Cream Pie
  2. Lucky Plunger
  3. Lilypad
  4. Muppet Show logo
  5. Banjo
2010s Franchise: How to Train your Dragon
Characters: Hiccup, Toothless, Astrid

And yes, both Hiccup and Toothless were racers in a Dreamworks racing game.
(That was Dreamworks Super Star Kartz)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Are franchises from the 2020s or beyond eligible or is the job strictly for just 2010s ones? I have a back up if 2020s aren’t eligible but also a 2020s idea I want to see so I just wanted to make sure

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
1. Muppet Show Logo
2. Kermit's Banjo
3. Animal's Drum
4. Kermit's Lilypad

2010s Franchise: The Lego Movie
The three characters will be Emmet, Wildstyle and Benny.
Inside Out - Joy and Sadness, Fear; Anger and Disgust, Bing Bong

I went with the teams so that, should this win, everyone will be forced to choose unique characters instead of fill-in-the-blanks, heh. Either way it's a beloved, creative movie with locales fit for a kart racer and there's a sequel on the way. There aren't the most characters but I think there's still enough to draw from for an extra 3 racers, especially if we tap into the cut emotions

The Lego Movie is elegible, but not the crossovers like Batman

1. Animal's Drum
  2. Pie
  3. Baby Drum
  4. Muppet Logo
2010s franchise

Not sure if it counts since it is technically a spinoff of drakengard which debuted earlier. Not sure its the best fit either but wanted to go with a franchise i really like.

Characters
2B
Emil (Nier Replicant Act II Design)
Pascal
1. Kermit’s Lilypad
2. Gonzo’s Lucky Plunger
3. The Muppet Show Logo
4. Animal’s Drum

2010s Franchise:

PAW Patrol

View attachment 362022

Debuting in 2013, this Nick Jr/Spin Master IP has made waves in the preschool world. Since the last 2 franchises in this game are family based, why not have a preschool franchise to get the younger kiddos interested in this crossover? This would be tons of fun to add for sure. After all, there’s a sequel coming out for the PAW Patrol movie as well as a spinoff series for Rubble coming soon. The perfect meme and preschool audience attracting choice.

Characters:

Ryder (the human leader of the team)

Chase (the police dog)

Everest (a pup who joined later on, was not initally there, plus a female rep)
  1. Muppet Show Logo
  2. Kermit's Banjo
  3. Cream Pie
  4. Animal's Drum
God, it's tough picking a franchise for this job. I had so many ideas for potential franchises, but for now, I wanna stick to the one I feel has the most potential.

Don't mind if I do...

Franchise: Angry Birds

While their star may have faded from their insane popularity in the early 10's, the Angry Birds are still going strong to this day, with the original game being remastered for modern phones not too long ago. With a wide cast of characters, a lot of track potential thanks to its several locations and themes, and one or two games centered around vehicles and/or racing entirely, these furious fowl and their pig enemies wouldn't be out of place in a kart racer.

As for my three picks (all using their game designs as opposed to the movies')...
  • Red (The first one you meet, the first bird to tweet. The de-facto lead protagonist of the series.)
  • Chuck (Being the fastest bird in the flock, Chuck is a no-brainer. Heck, he was even the final boss of Angry Birds Go!)
  • Ross (While I was initially considering King Pig, I feel like Ross, the main protagonist of Bad Piggies, would be a slightly more surprising inclusion and probably the best chance we have to get a normal pig on the roster.)
Tires Votes:
1. Animal's Drum
2. Cream Pie
3. Muppet Show Logo
4. Kermit's Banjo

2010s' Franchise: Cuphead
Characters: Cuphead, Mugman, Ms. Chalice
Tire Votes:
  1. Cream Pie
  2. Lucky Plunger
  3. Lilypad
  4. Muppet Show logo
  5. Banjo
2010s Franchise: How to Train your Dragon
Characters: Hiccup, Toothless, Astrid

And yes, both Hiccup and Toothless were racers in a Dreamworks racing game.
(That was Dreamworks Super Star Kartz)
2010 Franchise

UNDERTALE

a very popular game with a wide variety of characters

the 3 characters would be

The Human, Sans, Papyrus
  1. Undertale
  2. How to Train Your Dragon
  3. Cuphead
  4. Angry Birds
  5. Paw Patrol
  6. Nier
  7. Inside Out
Please vote for your top 3.

1. Mahna Mahna Wheel
  2. Baby Animal's Drum = 2
  3. Gonzo's Lucky Plunger = 4
  4. Kermit's Lilypad = 6
  5. Kermit's Banjo = 7
  6. Animal's Drum = 12
  7. Cream Pie = 12
  8. Muppet Show Logo wheel = 14
Animal's Drum, the Cream Pie, and the Muppet Show logo will be wheels!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My items will be these - all except two you'll be able to tell the function of from cross-referencing their Mario variants,
Generix - Mario - Muppets
  1. Oil Tank - Mushroom - Gonzo's Cannon
  2. Tacks - Bananas - Whoope Cushion
  3. Flame Power - Star - Cheers and Applause
  4. Exploding Traffic Light - Bob-Omb - Crazy Harry's Dynamite
  5. Homing Missile - Blue Shell - Chicken
  6. Dummy Wheel - Green Shell - Cream Pie
  7. Speed Bomb (swaps around places like the Magic Wand in Garfield Kart) - Warp Whistle - Beaker Beaker
  8. Ice Crystal - Fire Flower - Tomatoes
  9. Force Field (functions like the shield in CTR, but can't be thrown - basically a single-use star) - Bowser Shell - Muppet Man Trenchcoat

1. Undertale
  2. Angry Birds
  3. Nier

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Undertale
2. Paw Patrol
3. Inside Out

I feel that honestly, you all are sleeping on Paw Patrol. Even though it's cringe and I did get inspiration from that whole joke in the Brainstorming a Creation thread with "PAW Patrol racing" from Venus, I feel a preschool brand would be a nice change of pace. Undertale is great too for memes (the Sans car). Inside Out feels like a great choice too. Angry Birds almost made the list, but I feel the brand is nowhere near its peak as it was in the early 2010s. All really good submissions though.

Funny thing is, I was also considering submitting either Despicable Me or Fortnite or something like that. But ultimately, I went for the out-there choice which is Paw Patrol.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My items will be used.

1. How to Train Your Dragon = 2
  2. Nier = 6
  3. Inside Out = 6
  4. Paw Patrol = 10
  5. Cuphead = 17
  6. Angry Birds = 17
  7. Undertale = 19
This was originally a tie, but before I started counting I decided I wanted the winner more than the second place so I changed my vote specifically - either way, Undertale will be joining the lineup with Sans, Papyrus, and Frisk!

Northsouthmap Northsouthmap I'm sorry for forgetting your Lego Movie submission on the list - however, from now on all submissions with the exception of item jobs will need attached images to be accepted so I don't forget them.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit 3 Undertale characters!
Please submit up to 3 characters from Undertale (or Deltarune) to add to the roster. cashregister9 cashregister9 will not be allowed to partake in Undertale jobs, but he will be given extra points in voting. Please attach an image, otherwise your submission will not be elegible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom