• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: Drifting Dimensions - The ultimate crossover kart racer!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit a primarily live action IP for our next crossover and it's first 3 characters!

Note that you can include elements from animated adaptations if you want, but it should still be an IP most known for it's live action iterations. Puppets and costumed characters are elegible, and so is... you know who. (though keep in mind that we will still be trying to stick within an E/E10+ rating) Claymation is not elegible.

Last edited:
Muppets
Muppets is a franchise made by Jim Henson company and owned by Walt Disney Company and it's known for puppet shows and it's characters like Kermit the Frog or Ms. Piggy for example.
Also Muppets series would bring a lot of materials for tracks, vehicles and wheels. The series isn't also afraid of crossovers.

The racers:
Kermit: The obvious choice.
Ms. Piggy: A female character for the roster.
Gonzo: Another male pick.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Muppets
Muppets is a franchise made by Jim Henson company and owned by Walt Disney Company and it's known for puppet shows and it's characters like Kermit the Frog or Ms. Piggy for example.
Also Muppets series would bring a lot of materials for tracks, vehicles and wheels. The series isn't also afraid of crossovers.

The racers:
Elmo: Has his own series and he could be second male character.
Elmo is a Hensen creation but he isn't part of the "Muppets." Seasme Street and the Muppets are also owned by different people these days. Sesame Street could probably have it's own season tbh

Last edited by a moderator:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Coin wheel
Mushroom wheel
Goomba wheel
Koopa shell wheel
Yoshi egg wheel

Live action franchise: Marvel Cinematic Universe
It's characters will be Iron Man, Captain America and Thor.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Koopa Shell Wheel
2. Yoshi egg wheel
3. Bob Omb Wheel
4. Goomba Wheel
5. ? Block Wheel

Ghostbusters_logo.jpg

Ghostbusters
Peter Venkman, Stay Puft, Slimer

An iconic franchise full of vehicle and track potential. Seeing Ghosts drive around would be pretty funny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
  1. Coin
  2. Angry Sun
  3. Bowser Shell
  4. 1-UP
  5. Blue Shell

Live Action franchise: Harry Potter
harry-potter-7.jpg

Characters: Harry, Dumbledore, and Voldemort (Would be funny to see Vold driving around)

BlustersBest

Smash Journeyman
1. Mushroom Wheel
2. Donut Block Wheel
3. Coin Wheel
4. Yoshi Cookie Wheel
5. ? Block Wheel

Live Action Franchise: Pirates of the Caribbean (Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones, Elizabeth Swann)

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Pipe Wheel
2. Blueshell Wheel
3. Coin Wheel
4. 1-Up Wheel
5. Donut Block Wheel

Live-action IP submission:

Star Wars

5A442C22-7156-42B5-8E80-15E845663B6B.jpeg

I know DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 submitted Star Wars for the first round but Star Wars is a highly iconic blockbuster franchise that is no stranger to the racing world with the Pod Racing video game series. Lots of fun ideas and wacky potential for pods to be karts, fun racers and ideas for tracks too.

The first 3 racers would be:

Darth Vader (the iconic villain himself)

Jar Jar Binks (for meme potential)

The Child/Baby Yoda (for The Mandalorian, plus it was a viral internet sensation)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sorry I didn't participate too much in the Mario jobs, after SMSB came to a close I was a bit Mario'd out.

Live Action IP: Bill and Ted

One of the greatest film franchises on the face of the earth, the Bill and Ted trilogy sees two cool dudes traveling through time, space, and reality to accomplish their various goals in life (passing their history oral, defeating their evil robot selves, and creating a song that's so good it causes world peace). It's really fun, has great humor, and is a more than a bit ridiculous.

The first three characters would be Bill S. Preston Esquire and Ted "Theodore" Logan (duo), Princesses Joanna and Elizabeth (duo), and Death - five of the most instrumental members in the band Wyld Stallyns.

EDIT: didn't know multiple people were allowed in one car, and since these two groups are always seen together rather than apart, plus this series has so much ground to cover, I just went ahead and bundled them.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Sorry I didn't participate too much in the Mario jobs, after SMSB came to a close I was a bit Mario'd out.

One of the greatest film franchises on the face of the earth, the Bill and Ted trilogy sees two cool dudes traveling through time, space, and reality to accomplish their various goals in life (passing their history oral, defeating their evil robot selves, and creating a song that's so good it causes world peace). It's really fun, has great humor, and is a more than a bit ridiculous.

The first three characters would be Bill S. Preston Esquire and Ted "Theodore" Logan (duo), Princesses Joanna and Elizabeth (duo), and Death - five of the most instrumental members in the band Wyld Stallyns.

EDIT: didn't know multiple people were allowed in one car, and since these two groups are always seen together rather than apart, plus this series has so much ground to cover, I just went ahead and bundled them.
I can imagine a possible track idea having the racers driving through different time periods to represent the time travel thing.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Koopa Shell
Mushroom
Coin
Yoshi Cookie
Chomp Rock

Live action property:
Back to the Future

A lot of things I’d already wanna suggest have been picked already so I chose one of my favorite non-animated film franchises (which, tbh, I don’t have many of).

I think BttF would have a lot of fun track potential with it’s various time periods, and who wouldn’t want to add a DeLorean and a old-timey Steam Train to the game?

Anyways the three characters in the pack would be Marty McFly, Doc Brown, and Biff Tannen.
Admittedly there isn’t a huge amount of future potential characters but we can still pull it off.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Fast & Furious
Since it’s such a car-heavy franchise with a big cast, it makes some sense, and it would also be funny to see Vin Diesel, the Rock, Jason Statham, and other famous actors race against cartoony characters.

Three characters
Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel himself)
Luke Hobbs
Deckard Shaw (They did get the spin-off, after all)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Boo Wheel
  2. Cloud Wheel
  3. Chomp Rock Wheel = 1
  4. Angry Sun Wheel = 2
  5. ? Block Wheel = 2
  6. 1-Up Wheel = 2
  7. Bob Omb Wheel = 2
  8. Barrel Wheel = 2
  9. Pipe Wheel = 3
  10. Goomba Wheel = 3
  11. Blue Shell Wheel = 4
  12. Yoshi Egg Wheel = 4
  13. Yoshi Cookie Wheel = 5
  14. Bowser Shell Wheel = 4
  15. Donut Block Wheel = 6
  16. Koopa Shell Wheel = 7
  17. Mushroom Wheel = 9
  18. Coin Wheel = 13
The Coin, Koopa Shell, and Mushroom Wheels will be added.

Jurassic Park - Roberta; Mr. DNA; Hammond, Grant, Sattler, and Malcolm (Quartet)

Photorealistic dinosaurs in cars.
I rest my case.
Muppets

The racers:
Gonzo: Another male pick.
1. Koopa Shell Wheel
2. Yoshi egg wheel
3. Bob Omb Wheel
4. Goomba Wheel
5. ? Block Wheel

View attachment 361682
Ghostbusters
Peter Venkman, Stay Puft, Slimer

An iconic franchise full of vehicle and track potential. Seeing Ghosts drive around would be pretty funny.
  1. Coin
  2. Angry Sun
  3. Bowser Shell
  4. 1-UP
  5. Blue Shell

Live Action franchise: Harry Potter
View attachment 361684
Characters: Harry, Dumbledore, and Voldemort (Would be funny to see Vold driving around)
1. Mushroom Wheel
2. Donut Block Wheel
3. Coin Wheel
4. Yoshi Cookie Wheel
5. ? Block Wheel

Live Action Franchise: Pirates of the Caribbean (Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones, Elizabeth Swann)

Characters
James Bond
Oddjob
Miss Moneypenny
1. Pipe Wheel
2. Blueshell Wheel
3. Coin Wheel
4. 1-Up Wheel
5. Donut Block Wheel

Live-action IP submission:

Star Wars

View attachment 361688

I know DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 submitted Star Wars for the first round but Star Wars is a highly iconic blockbuster franchise that is no stranger to the racing world with the Pod Racing video game series. Lots of fun ideas and wacky potential for pods to be karts, fun racers and ideas for tracks too.

The first 3 racers would be:

Darth Vader (the iconic villain himself)

Jar Jar Binks (for meme potential)

The Child/Baby Yoda (for The Mandalorian, plus it was a viral internet sensation)

Koopa Shell
Mushroom
Coin
Yoshi Cookie
Chomp Rock

Live action property:
Back to the Future

A lot of things I’d already wanna suggest have been picked already so I chose one of my favorite non-animated film franchises (which, tbh, I don’t have many of).

I think BttF would have a lot of fun track potential with it’s various time periods, and who wouldn’t want to add a DeLorean and a old-timey Steam Train to the game?

Anyways the three characters in the pack would be Marty McFly, Doc Brown, and Biff Tannen.
Admittedly there isn’t a huge amount of future potential characters but we can still pull it off.
Live Action

Power Rangers

Power Rangers is a popular TV series which started in the 90s and still goes on strong this day.

This submission is Specifically for Power Rangers and not Super Sentai

The characters would be

-Tommy Oliver (Green Ranger)
-Lord Zedd
-Kiya
Fast & Furious
Since it’s such a car-heavy franchise with a big cast, it makes some sense, and it would also be funny to see Vin Diesel, the Rock, Jason Statham, and other famous actors race against cartoony characters.

Three characters
Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel himself)
Luke Hobbs
Deckard Shaw (They did get the spin-off, after all)
Star Trek

Don’t know too much about the universe but I think it would be really nice because of how fleshed out and iconic the worldbuilding is.

Three characters: Kirk, Spock, Picard
  1. Star Trek
  2. The Fast and the Furious
  3. Power Rangers
  4. Back to the Future
  5. Bill and Ted
  6. Star Wars
  7. James Bond
  8. Pirates of the Carribean
  9. Harry Potter
  10. Ghostbusters
  11. Marvel
  12. Muppets
  13. Jurassic Park

Please vote for your top 5
#13 points
#23 points
#32 points
#41 point
#51 point

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
  1. Boo Wheel
  2. Cloud Wheel
  3. Chomp Rock Wheel = 1
  4. Angry Sun Wheel = 2
  5. ? Block Wheel = 2
  6. 1-Up Wheel = 2
  7. Bob Omb Wheel = 2
  8. Barrel Wheel = 2
  9. Pipe Wheel = 3
  10. Goomba Wheel = 3
  11. Blue Shell Wheel = 4
  12. Yoshi Egg Wheel = 4
  13. Yoshi Cookie Wheel = 5
  14. Bowser Shell Wheel = 4
  15. Donut Block Wheel = 6
  16. Koopa Shell Wheel = 7
  17. Mushroom Wheel = 9
  18. Coin Wheel = 13
The Coin, Koopa Shell, and Mushroom Wheels will be added.

1. Star Trek
  2. The Fast and the Furious
  3. Power Rangers
  4. Back to the Future
  5. Bill and Ted
  6. Star Wars
  7. James Bond
  8. Pirates of the Carribean
  9. Harry Potter
  10. Ghostbusters
  11. Muppets
  12. Jurassic Park

Please vote for your top 5
#13 points
#23 points
#32 points
#41 point
#51 point
You forgot my submission, Marvel.

D

Deleted member

1. Star Wars
2. Muppets
3. Jurassic Park
4. Ghostbusters
5. Back to the Future

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Back to the Future
Fast & Furious
Harry Potter
Star Wars

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
1. Muppets
2. Star Wars
3. Fast & Furious
4. Jurassic Park
5. Power Rangers

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submit 3 racers from the Muppets!

Please submit 3 racers from the Muppets! Please keep in mind that Muppet characters not from "The Muppets" (such as Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock characters) will not be accepted - though we can do other Jim Henson creations as their own events later down the line.

Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds You will not be allowed to submit content for the Muppets, but you will have extra points when voting for content.

Last edited:
Top Bottom