• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly Im probably too lazy to list everyone out, especially since I think everyone here is pretty darn cool. Only one I wouldn't really put on here in the time I've been here is that one guy who was raging for a while after one of the directs. Otherwise you are all super cool, even the ones I butted heads with. lol

Some special ones to point out I guess tho would be Noipoi Noipoi just for being super cool to everyone. @Alastor017 and Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy for just being enjoyable to interact with while here and since they had mentioned me too. StellerRJay StellerRJay A.G.L. A.G.L. and @Mr. Wario for being cool both on this thread and off. Zinith Zinith and KingofKoopas KingofKoopas because why not. praline praline because I think they are cool. staindgrey staindgrey for having an awesome avatar. And Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku KMDP KMDP and @faygoshill because I liked reading their posts.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Okay but for real why wasn't Frederick a spirit?
He's too busy picking up pebbles from Chrom's feet.

He's so good at it now that he can do it faster than the eye can see. He's there, you just can see him.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wanna give a shoutout to some of my fave peeps on here too

DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon KMDP KMDP @Pega-pony Princess Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Noipoi Noipoi Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku @Flyboy @faygoshill @P.Kat NintenZ NintenZ @AndreaAC @Pakky NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy and there’s probably a few more I’m forgetting but y’all are awesome <3

I’ll probably make some posts in the hypothetical new thread too from time to time. It was fun here nevertheless with you guys and here’s to more awesome times together!

welp better get back to this fanfiction im writing instead of playing smash
:)

This makes me happy to hear, I’ll most certainly post in the new General Thread, although I definitely won’t be as frequent as I was back before Joker’s reveal due to me being extra busy with a lot of things, I’ll make sure to keep in touch with all of you!

D

Deleted member

Not smash related, but yes, yes, yes, and yes. It's like if the movie were 1000000 times better. Every actor is flawless, every scene is delightfull, and every music score deserves an award.
Precisely.
Also, how the hell did they find an actress for Violet who looked just like her in the movie?
It’s creepy.
I love the henchperson of indeterminate gender, and Will Patrick Harris does an astounding job as Olaf.
It’s so great to see the series as not dead, too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Because he's DLC, duh. Didn't you know that any somewhat memorable character that doesn't have a spirit is an obvious choice for the fighter's pass? /s
Frederick is the sole Nintendo character on the Fighter Pass.
People don't know what to make of it.
Only one thing is heard.

"Pick a god and pray."

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Excuse you?

Ivysaur is a toad, thank-you-very-much.

Fun fact: The French word for "Toad" (which I can't post here because it'd be censored and what's the point) is a nickname for the people of Jersey. Wikipedia says the term is "derogatory", but no Jerseyman worth their salt would be offended by such a thing.
Toads are a type of frog.
Don't be fooled by the "saur" in the line's name.

The Bulbasaur line are 100% Toads (just watch their walking animation in Let's Go).
Yoshi's classic mode disagrees. They're dino-toads, the best type of toad.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Precisely.
Also, how the hell did they find an actress for Violet who looked just like her in the movie?
It’s creepy.
I love the henchperson of indeterminate gender, and Will Patrick Harris does an astounding job as Olaf.
It’s so great to see the series as not dead, too.
Have you read "Who Could That Be At This Hour?" It's the prequel series, and involves Lemony Snicket as an actual character.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Frederick is the sole Nintendo character on the Fighter Pass.
People don't know what to make of it.
Only one thing is heard.

"Pick a god and pray."
Other being a 4th Awakening character and a side character, Frederick would be pretty cool ngl. Mounted, armored, axes, witty lines, not-blue haired.

D

Deleted member

Huh, looks like the thread is about to pull a Zaibatsu, so I might as well get it out of the way like everyone else has been.

I don't know when I became truly active here, but it has been quite the fun ride these past months. I really don't know who I can shoutout or mention, but just know that every single one of you made the Scott the Woz persona of this site come to life, and I couldn't be prouder to hold the mantle. From the Grinch Hoax to the August Direct, lots of rollercoasters -- especially with Joker and Persona 5 coming in with the clutch save for Smash Ultimate ending on a high note before it launched.

We still got four more characters and any possible chance of a season 2 along the way, so it ain't over just yet.
We might get something we expect, or something out of the blue.

...Eh, who am I kidding. We all know how it's gonna end up.

Here's to another thread and cycle! also let's get Rex & Pyra in come the **** on

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Honestly Im probably too lazy to list everyone out, especially since I think everyone here is pretty darn cool. Only one I wouldn't really put on here in the time I've been here is that one guy who was raging for a while after one of the directs. Otherwise you are all super cool, even the ones I butted heads with. lol

Some special ones to point out I guess tho would be Noipoi Noipoi just for being super cool to everyone. @Alastor017 and Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy for just being enjoyable to interact with while here and since they had mentioned me too. StellerRJay StellerRJay A.G.L. A.G.L. and @Mr. Wario for being cool both on this thread and off. Zinith Zinith and KingofKoopas KingofKoopas because why not. praline praline because I think they are cool. staindgrey staindgrey for having an awesome avatar. And Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku KMDP KMDP and @faygoshill because I liked reading their posts.
love ya too man
Edit: (Now go help me build smashland lol jk)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay I won't lie, seeing all these shoutouts and not getting named once is making me feel a little anxious about my self esteem. I'll chalk it up to me not being that active or funny though and not take it personally.

I shouldn't have a right to be upset when I'm not planning on a shoutout post myself though.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Still haven't had the chance to register for that :ultpiranha: code, and Running in the 90s is playing in my head for some reason.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay I won't lie, seeing all these shoutouts and not getting named once is making me feel a little anxious about my self esteem. I'll chalk it up to me not being that active or funny though and not take it personally.

I shouldn't have a right to be upset when I'm not planning on a shoutout post myself though.
Not just saying this to make you feel better, I legit thought of a few people I forgot to mention and you were one of them.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
you know what i mean you pervert... or wait you werent on this mornign no you dont..

OK so here are the rules:

We are building a smash themed amusement park out of the roster by correlating them to RL Amusement rides either operating or closed. What i want you all to do is

1. Pick a character (Limit one per customer til we have the full roster)
2. Find a ride in any amusement park that would most relate to them (Cite your source of the rides existance please)
3. Cite your reasoning why that character matches that ride

If you pick a character with an echo leave it open however if a ride has a sister attraction (like Beast and Son of Beast at Kings Island) you may want to pair them that way.

Best ones will be picked before the thread closes and the winning park will be put up in the new thread when it opens as Smash Land. Lets see if we can match up the whole roster best of luck.

Edit: For sake of Clarity and cuz i got someone writing this down among yous. Please cite the ride and the park it is in and where the park is located. Thank you.
This is what im talking about.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Dang it, another person I forgot to mention?
Granted, I did shout-out like 50 people.
Sorry about that, Zach.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just rediscovered this and it's been stuck in my head ever since. Take me back to the good ol' days, man.

But to keep it Smash related...I like Smash. It's a fun game.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Which is exactly why I'm not making one.

I legitimately have enjoyed my time with everyone here and will show that by continuing to be in their presence after this thread closes because it's just a ****ing thread the site is still going to be open guys.

And also, ZephyrZ ZephyrZ is dope, yo. I'd swipe right on that.

D

Deleted member

For me it is even hard to imagine what would be inside a smash themed amusement park. Too much possibilities.
Isn't Nintendo making a theme park along with Universal? I mean that's basically the same thing as a full Smash based park.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Which is exactly why I'm not making one.

I legitimately have enjoyed my time with everyone here and will show that by continuing to be in their presence after this thread closes because it's just a ****ing thread the site is still going to be open guys.

And also, ZephyrZ ZephyrZ is dope, yo. I'd swipe right on that.
I dunno who started it but I want it to keep going, it's legit hilarious at this point.

D

Deleted member

You are definitely in “cool guy” territory, don’t worry. No certificate for it though.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Oh god, I don't know if I can do a mass tag thank you message justice as I'll forget so many of you

GAH, but with the power of friendship, I'll do my best

Noipoi Noipoi @Alastor017 Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth @Mr. Wario Iridium Iridium staindgrey staindgrey KMDP KMDP ZephyrZ ZephyrZ PLATINUM7 PLATINUM7 Wademan94 Wademan94 KingofKoopas KingofKoopas StellerRJay StellerRJay Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku TheCJBrine TheCJBrine @faygoshill NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @GothFluttershy Blade of Evil's Bane Blade of Evil's Bane RyuhoFox RyuhoFox Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman Idon Idon DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon MSmariosonic MSmariosonic @Thesaurus30 Shroob Shroob PeridotGX PeridotGX and anyone I forgot

And you two may get on my nerves several times, but Will Will and TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 as well

:yoshi:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Shoutout time:

Have I liked your posts? You're in it
Have I replied to your posts? You're in it
Have you liked my posts? You're in it
Have you posted here? You're in it
Do you enjoy Smashboards? You're in it
Are you human? You're in it
Are you not human? You're in it

Status