• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The Super Flag as well.
Basically, Death's Scythe is the only good 3rd Party item.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I've always thought one of those item TVs from classic Sonic games that contain speed shoes would be a nice 3rd party item. Basically the Bunny hood but without the super high jumps and a specific theme for it like how the Hammer or the Mario invincibility star temporarily changes the music.

It's not necessary since the bunny hood does kinda take the spotlight for speed up items. But I feel it'd still work.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I've always thought one of those item TVs from classic Sonic games that contain speed shoes would be a nice 3rd party item. Basically the Bunny hood but without the super high jumps and a specific theme for it like how the Hammer or the Mario invincibility star temporarily changes the music.

It's not necessary since the bunny hood does kinda take the spotlight for speed up items. But I feel it'd still work.
Imagine Shoes AND Bunny hood? WITH Sonic's speed?

Game. Is. Broken.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Pretty sure it would be Kratos as he is basically the mascot at this point.
If Kratos ever gets into Smash, I'm going to go find the Infinity Stones so I can Thanos snap myself out of existence.

So out of all of the wanted newcomers that have been thrown around, like Isaac, Skull Kid, and Elma, who do you think is most underrated pick that you think has the most potential?

For me I’d have to say Rex & Pyra and Alm.
Rex+Pyra, an ARMS rep, Raiden (MGS), Shadow the Hedgehog. Arguably Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat or Doomguy, but they're not on my wish list.

the only person at Nintendo we know of that likes Twintelle, seems to be The Regginator himself.
Ah, I see Reggie is a man of culture as well.
Here's an important (Haha no) question would :ultdoc:&:ultmario: be the same person in a Subspace scenario?
This is like one of those things they put in the "honey tell me what's wrong" meme.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Imagine Shoes AND Bunny hood? WITH Sonic's speed?

Game. Is. Broken.
Nah man, it'd be like using the bike with Wario Man, but faster.

Death's Scythe.

idk what else

edit: :ultgreninja:
While I'm not that interested in the possibility of Shadow getting in, him holding that scythe would be maximum edge, you gotta admit.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Actually if not the speed shoes, the Sonic shields could also works. Normal ones just protect you from one attack (Though would thus be kind of useless against projectile characters), Bubble shields allow you to bounce (Plus protection from water attacks from Greninja and Squirtle), and flame shields allow you be protected from fire attacks and also have a flaming charge attack like in Sonic 3. Lightning shield would give more jumps then normal (And of course protection from lightning based attacks like Pikachu, Pichu, and Robin's thunder)

Though I think the main problem with the Sonic shields I guess is they may look a little too similar to the shields that you use for defense that all characters get. And what happens if you shield when you have a Sonic shield. Are you unable to do normal Shields until the Sonic shield is gone? Or would you be able to essentially shield your shield until your opponent finally trips you up to get rid of the Sonic shield?

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Actually if not the speed shoes, the Sonic shields could also works. Normal ones just protect you from one attack (Though would thus be kind of useless against projectile characters), Bubble shields allow you to bounce (Plus protection from water attacks from Greninja and Squirtle), and flame shields allow you be protected from fire attacks and also have a flaming charge attack like in Sonic 3. Lightning shield would give more jumps than normal (And of course protection from lightning based attacks like Pikachu, Pichu, and Robin's thunder)

Though I think the main problem with the Sonic shields I guess is they may look a little too similar to the shields that you use for defense that all characters get. And what happens if you shield when you have a Sonic shield. Are you unable to do normal Shields until the Sonic shield is gone? Or would you be able to essentially shield your shield until your opponent finally trips you up to get rid of the Sonic shield?
The Elemental Shields can reflect projectiles in the 2D games.

If it’s possible, just disable the ability to shield.

DragonKent17

Smash Rookie
Actually if not the speed shoes, the Sonic shields could also works. Normal ones just protect you from one attack (Though would thus be kind of useless against projectile characters), Bubble shields allow you to bounce (Plus protection from water attacks from Greninja and Squirtle), and flame shields allow you be protected from fire attacks and also have a flaming charge attack like in Sonic 3. Lightning shield would give more jumps then normal (And of course protection from lightning based attacks like Pikachu, Pichu, and Robin's thunder)

The Wisps of Sonic Colors could be used as 3rd party items too.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I don't know what Pokemon I'd prefer at this point (if any at all), But with newcomer reveals slowing down like Sakurai said, it really looks to me like they're setting up to reveal Zeraora in November alongside the release of "Pokemon: The Power of Us".
I wonder how much salt there would be if its Sudowoodo or Smoochum that gets revealed. In all seriousness, I would love more gen 2 representation. I know we have Pichu but that's pretty much it.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Hey, at least it’s nice to actually talk and speculate about simple Smash ideas and what we want for Ultimate instead of arguing about Verge, music, box, chair, Sakurai going to the bathroom or whatever as if anyone gives a ***** anymore for the hundredth time.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hey, at least it’s nice to actually talk and speculate about simple Smash ideas and what we want for Ultimate instead of arguing about Verge, music, box, chair, Sakurai going to the bathroom or whatever as if anyone gives a ***** anymore for the hundredth time.
Let’s talk about musical chairs :troll:

I’d rather be talking about the new Polygon Team right now

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Okay, well...

There's probably gonna be a demo, right? If there is, I hope they just give us the E3 demo. I mean, pretty much all of the big stuff about Ultimate is gonna be revealed before release, so I see no reason not to just have the E3 demo. Plus, it would save time on making a different one.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I wonder how much salt there would be if its Sudowoodo or Smoochum that gets revealed. In all seriousness, I would love more gen 2 representation. I know we have Pichu but that's pretty much it.
I respectfully disagree. I would want a gen that missed out on playable rep to get a newcomer. The obvious gen woulf be Gen 7, but Gen 5 and Gen 3 never got a rep. My obvious pick for Gen 3 and 7 are in my sig, I dont really know which Gen 5 Pokémon would fit besides Zoroark, whose gimmick (Illusion) wouldn't be ultilized in Smash.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Link gets smashed into Samus' ship, takes a full Ridley blast to the face...and gets meteor'd back to the ground?

Nerf Hylian shield.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Link gets smashed into Samus' ship, takes a full Ridley blast to the face...and gets meteor'd back to the ground?

Nerf Hylian shield.
canonically indestructible though
except breath of the wild i have no idea what was going on there

monadoboy

Smash Lord
So I've been playing Dragalia Lost and the OST is super cool. A DLC stage down the line would be fantastic just because of the OST

It's practically indestructible tho, I haven't seen one break and I've went for it asap in 4 of my playthroughs.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I respectfully disagree. I would want a gen that missed out on playable rep to get a newcomer. The obvious gen woulf be Gen 7, but Gen 5 and Gen 3 never got a rep. My obvious pick for Gen 3 and 7 are in my sig, I dont really know which Gen 5 Pokémon would fit besides Zoroark, whose gimmick (Illusion) wouldn't be ultilized in Smash.
Does Pichu really count as a Gen 2 rep, though? He's a clone, purposefully made to be worse than the face of Pokemon from Gen 1, and was axed after one game then brought back solely to fulfill the promise of "Everyone is Here". It's worth noting that he's also the only clone of any of the pokemon characters.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman

Nerf Hylian shield.
Yeah, looks like the Ridley FS don't launch but you get an insta-KO above the 100% , like Bayonetta.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
canonically indestructible though
I'm think that lore wise, most Hylian Shields are just replicas of the original legendary shield from SS. That's why you're able to just buy them from the shop in OoT and TP.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm think that lore wise, most Hylian Shields are just replicas of the original legendary shield from SS. That's why you're able to just buy them from the shop in OoT and TP.
Given that, BOTW is near the absolute end of the main timeline, isn't it? So it would make sense that civilization is practically deserted enough to lack resources by that point.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
ss

Yeah, I actually own the site.

The short version of the story is that the site's hosting company has been extremely unproductive in providing assistance. I think they might've changed their policies or something as the site has been crashing a LOT in the last two months. When we post a new Famitsu translation, the site gets overloaded and then shut down for being too popular. I asked them what I what can do, and they've been suggesting things that cause even MORE issues, or haven't been able to suggest anything. I'm currently looking at other providers as I'm tired of dealing with a customer service rep after another. Unfortunately, I do work full time so I'm juggling this stupid situation, work, and trying to fit in some sleep in. It's been a rough two weeks.
Aws maybe? With a load balancer on it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Given that, BOTW is near the absolute end of the main timeline, isn't it? So it would make sense that civilization is practically deserted enough to lack resources by that point.
I think it's more so that Hyrule still hasn't fully recovered from Calamity Ganon coming along and wrecking everything.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think it's more so that Hyrule still hasn't fully recovered from Calamity Ganon coming along and wrecking everything.
Not really "everything", just the capital. Villages are still there, the economy had only really gone back to normal instead of collapsed. Hell, they had to reverse engineer technology far advanced than their own at the time before the Calamity struck.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
It seems like everyone posts in the leak thread the majority of the time. I’m even noticing that they tend to discuss topics that are more appropriate for this thread but no one gives a ****.
I know. Pretty annoying to see the thread jump 4-5 pages but it's GD-esque.

bbybae

Smash Cadet
Let’s talk about musical chairs :troll:

I’d rather be talking about the new Polygon Team right now
in all seriousness, do you all think they're bringing back the Fighting Mii Team? Because that was lame AF.
I want my Polygon Team back! Or do you all think it will be a new thing. Fighting Spirits team, anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom