• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I really hope we get a commercial as good as this one for Ultimate.

I can't wait to take my Switch to rooftop parties, and inexplicably carry 8 Joy-Con on my person at any given point in time.
I suddenly have this mental image of 8 people playing 8 player Smash while skydiving.
It's a new generation. You either hate it, or you love it. We are not forced to play them, and luckily there are still good games being created, and new IP's which we do indeed like, but, as I did not like any of the franchises which I listed, and I know they are popular, I think Steve in Smash is a good thing. There is no denying that he would have a pretty radical, and interesting moveset potential, and it would also appeal to younger generations. Let it be Steve I'd say. At least Minecraft has been around long enough for us to adapt to it's style, and acknowledge it's existence, and even so, if he would be playable, who does it hurt? It will probobly boost sales even more. My brother and his generation get's a win. We just got King K. Rool, Ridley and Simon Belmont. The casuals/moderns got Daisy and Isabelle. I won't die if the "new" generation get's their win. Because of this.
Dude, Minecraft originated in 2009. Chrom, Isabelle, and Inkling are all younger than that.

Also, Daisy originated in Super Mario Land, she’s not modern at all.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
God, I hope so.
Also I've been thinking about this.

Does anyone want the Squid Sisters or the Fresh Off the Hook girls as icons?
At first, I was Squid Sisters all the way.

But Off the Hook won me over. They are the superior duo.

Pakky

Smash Hero
At first, I was Squid Sisters all the way.

But Off the Hook won me over. They are the superior duo.
I'll take that as a yes.

I'll make the 'Off the Hook' girls first.

I love fighting games EX fighting Layer is probably/maybe/possibly coming to Switch?

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I don't know what Pokemon I'd prefer at this point (if any at all), But with newcomer reveals slowing down like Sakurai said, it really looks to me like they're setting up to reveal Zeraora in November alongside the release of "Pokemon: The Power of Us".

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
God, I hope so.
Also I've been thinking about this.

Does anyone want the Squid Sisters or the Fresh Off the Hook girls as icons?
As much as I love Pearl (fight me), I think I still prefer the original duo. The Squid Sisters have some really catchy music.

But I love both, and I wouldn't mind icons of all four of them.

I don't know what Pokemon I'd prefer at this point (if any at all), But with newcomer reveals slowing down like Sakurai said, it really looks to me like they're setting up to reveal Zeraora in November alongside the release of "Pokemon: The Power of Us".
Even though I wouldn't mind Zeraora getting in Smash, I think the time to reveal him would've been in July when it was premiering in Japanese theaters. The Pokemon movies aren't really a huge deal overseas.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah, it's gonna be Totodile, just look at him go, he's clearly our newest fighter!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nah, it's gonna be Totodile, just look at him go, he's clearly our newest fighter!
Over Chikorita? Eh, I guess we all knew Sakurai bias going for water types: Squirtle, Greninja, Corrin etc...

D

Deleted member

Over Chikorita? Eh, I guess we all knew Sakurai bias going for water types: Squirtle, Greninja, Corrin etc...
Chikorita sucks and deserves no love, all hail the good boy and superior crocodile.

domriver

Smash Lord
Honestly, I've been anti-Minecraft for a long time. My younger brother loves the game, and I could not for the life of me understand the fun in it. I rather play with regular Lego. Fortnite? Roblox? Angry Birds? Five Nights at Freddys? It's a new generation. You either hate it, or you love it. We are not forced to play them, and luckily there are still good games being created, and new IP's which we do indeed like, but, as I did not like any of the franchises which I listed, and I know they are popular, I think Steve in Smash is a good thing. There is no denying that he would have a pretty radical, and interesting moveset potential, and it would also appeal to younger generations. Let it be Steve I'd say. At least Minecraft has been around long enough for us to adapt to it's style, and acknowledge it's existence, and even so, if he would be playable, who does it hurt? It will probobly boost sales even more. My brother and his generation get's a win. We just got King K. Rool, Ridley and Simon Belmont. The casuals/moderns got Daisy and Isabelle. I won't die if the "new" generation get's their win. Because of this. Why not. If Steve happens, I'll welcome the guy, but I will totally expect Banjo & Kazooie coming with. No way in hell Banjo won't be there if Microsoft give them Steve, Nintendo knowns, Microsoft knows, and Sakurai sure as hell should know. That's my honest view on Steve, and I'll leave it at that.
Im neutral over Steve. For whatever reason I just seriously believe that IF ANY Microsoft character is coming... its going to be Banjo-Kazooie at least BK has history with Nintendo. I know I can be wrong but I think BK first then Steve for DLC. Thats even IF we do get Microsoft content in this game. Guess we shall find out in the final direct.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Im neutral over Steve. For whatever reason I just seriously believe that IF ANY Microsoft character is coming... its going to be Banjo-Kazooie at least BK has history with Nintendo. I know I can be wrong but I think BK first then Steve for DLC. Thats even IF we do get Microsoft content in this game. Guess we shall find out in the final direct.
You're grossly overestimating the history with Nintendo for third party characters as an important factor for inclusion. Steve and Banjo aren't comparable like that at all.

That being said Steve's inclusion does open the door to Banjo & Kazooie to be DLC if Nintendo is working with Microsoft.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Guest fighters aren't really decided based on their bond with Nintendo, though. Also, Steve and BK doesn't share anything except their owner company, it's hardly a "pick one" situation.

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
So, if you were in charge of completely changing the movesets of :ultlink: and :ultsamus: how would you change them?
I dunno about Link, but I would give Samus a rapid fire beam, maybe even "lemons" like megaman as her jab, ftilt and nair, and mostly make her more "mii gunner-y", with way more projectile attacks, specials unchanged except for being able to move while charging the beam (maybe just at walking speed for balance), and her superbombs as final.smash.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So, if you were in charge of completely changing the movesets of :ultlink: and :ultsamus: how would you change them?
I don’t think I’d change Link... because I’d just make a new Link.

A Link that has some wolf and midna moves? Maybe I’d make that.

A Link that uses the four sword and minish cap items? I would totally make that. And main that.

Samus... hmmm...

I’d probably just make a different set for the fusion suit... so similar to Link, it would just be a new character.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I couldn’t care less about a stupid music theory, verge, leaks, and whatever the community considers the “bull**** topic of the minute”. It’s all quite tiring and petty. I’ve basically checked out of the entire leak discussion after yesterday and really only pay attention to it since...well...it’s my job to. I just wanna discuss Smash speculation in its purest form; no matter how brain numbing it is.

Anyways,
Let’s say Sakurai once again holds a ballot but, this time, it’s the Ultimate Ballot! Instead of voting for a character, the ballot has spaces for:
  • Character
  • Stage
  • Item
  • Assist Trophy
  • Pokeball Pokemon
  • Boss
  • Music
You can only vote for one per category obv. I’ll post mine up later so it’s easier for people to copy and paste if they want.

Let’s go!
Character: Rex & Pyra
Stage: Bowser's Castle
Item: Breidablik (Fire Emblem)
Assist Trophy: Melia (Xenoblade)
Poke Ball Pokemon: Rowlet
Boss: Guardian (Breath of the Wild)
Music: Still, Move Forward!
If Smash have season pass which can function as expansion pass.

Which 6 characters you want to be added in this season pass?

Mine would be:

-Rex and Pyra
-Banjo Koozie
-Gen 8 pokemon or pokemon from other previous gens
-Heihachi
-Tails
-Monster Hunter
Rex & Pyra
Malos (Unique or Semi-clone. Against as an Echo of Shulk)
The most popular ARMS fighter (why limit it to just the "Face of ARMS" unless Spring Man happens to be the most popular)
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dixie Kong
Sora

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

*old timey voice* Back in my day, the Lugia movie was called The Power of One. :rolleyes:

But I'm in the same boat. I have no preference for the newest Pokemon addition, and with two Pokemon veterans seemingly taking the spots of newcomers, I'd much rather have characters from unrepresented first party series than a rep for the sake of a rep. Zeraora at least looks like what I would expect from a new Pokemon Smash newcomer.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Plot twist: Totodile will be an Echo of Squirtle and the salt will explode :troll:

But I really want someone in the Totodile family to join Smash. A great Gen 2 Pokemon with amazing movepool

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I couldn’t care less about a stupid music theory, verge, leaks, and whatever the community considers the “bull**** topic of the minute”. It’s all quite tiring and petty. I’ve basically checked out of the entire leak discussion after yesterday and really only pay attention to it since...well...it’s my job to. I just wanna discuss Smash speculation in its purest form; no matter how brain numbing it is.

Anyways,
Let’s say Sakurai once again holds a ballot but, this time, it’s the Ultimate Ballot! Instead of voting for a character, the ballot has spaces for:
  • Character
  • Stage
  • Item
  • Assist Trophy
  • Pokeball Pokemon
  • Boss
  • Music
You can only vote for one per category obv. I’ll post mine up later so it’s easier for people to copy and paste if they want.

Let’s go!
•Bandana Dee (Kirby)
•Bowser’s Castle (Mario)
•Ultra bitter spray (Pikmin)
•Duster (Earthbound)
•Lickitung (Pokemon)
•Dr. Eggman (Sonic)
•Punch Bowl (DK)

As a personal challenge, I tried to do one per series.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

Anyways,
  • Character
  • Stage
  • Item
  • Assist Trophy
  • Pokeball Pokemon
  • Boss
  • Music

Let’s go!
If there is a ballot for items... i can guarantee i know exactly what item is winning that ballot

-Chosen Undead (Dark Souls)
-Sylvalum (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
-Soul Edge (Soul Calibur)
-Vessel/Knight (Hollow Knight)
-Litwick (5th gen)
-Eggman (Sonic)
-Sinking Old Sanctuary (Castlevania)

D

Deleted member

Plot twist: Totodile will be an Echo of Squirtle and the salt will explode :troll:

But I really want someone in the Totodile family to join Smash. A great Gen 2 Pokemon with amazing movepool
You joke but I'd take that in an instant
we'll get Feraligatr as a Charizard Echo instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom