• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
as a very not a fan of fire emblem i really get the complaints about there being too many fire emblem characters (even if i enjoy playing as most of them) but there are like. other rpgs that are good? i endorse more rpg content that isn't fire emblem
Yeah, I get the complaints but I fundamentally disagree because I feel sales shouldn't influence how well some franchises are represented because of the fact that FE can provide far more content for Smash than say... Metroid due to it's revolving cast that rivals Pokemon in terms of size, there's also the case of FE getting lucky time and again with circumstances falling in it's favour.

But yeah, RPGs are an extremely diverse genre packed with loads of cool moves, spells and other ideas that would translate well into a fighting game as Dissidia and Persona 4 Arena have shown.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
There's over 29 hours of music on here, and less than an hour of it is stuff that I want to hear outside of the game. :(

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
To be pedantic, isn’t FE a tactical RPG, not a strategy RPG? Strategy describes planning out the entire war (ex. playing Risk,) while tactics describes the more specific nitty-gritty of troop placement and whatnot. :ultrobin: is a tactician and not a strategist, after all.
This post reminds me you can make a Fire Emblem board game and that Awakening has a support that pretends there's a board game of it like Risk

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Yeah, I get the complaints but I fundamentally disagree because I feel sales shouldn't influence how well some franchises are represented because of the fact that FE can provide far more content for Smash than say... Metroid due to it's revolving cast that rivals Pokemon in terms of size, there's also the case of FE getting lucky time and again with circumstances falling in it's favour.

But yeah, RPGs are an extremely diverse genre packed with loads of cool moves, spells and other ideas that would translate well into a fighting game as Dissidia and Persona 4 Arena have shown.

i was one of the people who disliked cloud since his reveal, but its not because i dislike final fantasy, or even just final fantasy 7, i think its a great game. its just a personal opinion, and i would have loved to see a more "iconic", retro final fantasy character in the game over cloud

but again, that's just me

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's over 29 hours of music on here, and less than an hour of it is stuff that I want to hear outside of the game. :(
Just play Under This Banner on loop and you'll have countless hours of music to listen to.

D

Deleted member

We need to take the Smash Ultimate fighters, and move them to MK8 Deluxe and Kirby Star Allies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
i was one of the people who disliked cloud since his reveal, but its not because i dislike final fantasy, or even just final fantasy 7, i think its a great game. its just a personal opinion, and i would have loved to see a more "iconic", retro final fantasy character in the game over cloud

but again, that's just me
Yeah I get that, I'd accept plenty of other FF characters (except from FF13) but my preference atm is Kefka, Noctis/Ardyn, Tifa and Sephiroth.
Kefka's always my top want for anything involving Final Fantasy really, one of my absolute favourite villains ever.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Wow, it's almost like video game tracks are meant to play in video games.
They definitely also sell video game soundtracks separately from the games themselves for the specific purpose of listening to them while playing the game even though the actual game music is playing anyway.
That’s what everyone did with the Smash 4 music CDs they sent from Club Nintendo, right?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
man the fact they couldn't even get the main characters of just final fantasy 7 as spirits is the lamest damn thing ever

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Here I was thinking Snake wasn't gonna make it past Ultimate but all of a sudden Cloud feels a lot more likely to be cut
ten pieces of stock art. thats all they would need

mega man, sonic, and metal gear have tons of spirits, more than some of the actual nintendo franchises. but square is so stingy that they can't even let them use stock images of cait sith for some reason

osby

Smash Obsessed
Here I was thinking Snake wasn't gonna make it past Ultimate but all of a sudden Cloud feels a lot more likely to be cut
Don't know about that. Pre-E3 talk was full of "Cloud is going to be cut 100% because two tracks". As long as they can negotiate Cloud himself, he'd stay, why people act like extra-content and characters are inseparable?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Don't know about that. Pre-E3 talk was full of "Cloud is going to be cut 100% because two tracks". As long as they can negotiate Cloud himself, he'd stay, why people act like extra-content and characters are inseparable?
because its really lame if a character doesn't end up with at least something? cloud has basically nothing besides him and his stage, while all the other third parties have tons of content (well not pac-man i guess, but he at least has a few remixes). cloud is such a standout for having nothing

osby

Smash Obsessed
because its really lame if a character doesn't end up with at least something? cloud has basically nothing besides him and his stage, while all the other third parties have tons of content (well not pac-man i guess, but he at least has a few remixes). cloud is such a standout for having nothing
I agree that he stands out. But I can't see why this makes Cloud inclusion in future titles less likely.

D

Deleted member

I'd be very surprised if a lot of these third parties came back in the future.

Going by what Sakurai has said about the process, it sounds like it was a miracle they actually got everyone back for "Everyone is Here!".

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I agree that he stands out. But I can't see why this makes Cloud inclusion in future titles less likely.
the most it means for them not getting back in is based on how ****ty the company is, eg square only letting them have two songs, no trophies, and no english voice actor screams of meddling that the team probably wouldn't want to do again

its a reasonable thing to think as an outsider, but the most we really get out of it is that its super lame that cloud has basically nothing. imagine if sonic only had himself and green hill zone (with just genesis music) in brawl, and then had exactly that when he came back in smash 4. it overall just makes the company look bad

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'd be very surprised if a lot of these third parties came back in the future.

Going by what Sakurai has said about the process, it sounds like it was a miracle they actually got everyone back for "Everyone is Here!".
yeah speaking clearly the only ones I'm very confident in returning are :ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman:. Probably :ultryu::ultbayonetta: too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom