• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Well since the thread has been derailed and the Soraphobe is going on some other tyrade ima put something smash related here

What part of "While Rex Didn't Quite Make the Roster" does he not get? Not trying to be mean-spirited, but Rex is clearly out of the game for the first fighters pack at least.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
You guys do realize they have a right to their opinion, right?

I may not agree with it, but who cares. I'm pretty sure making sarcastic remarks aren't going to all of the sudden make them love Shantae and want them in Smash.
"Opinions are like a butt.

yours is full of **** and nobody wants it" -- twitter friend 2015

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
no she just has zero chance until shovel knight is playable

as long as the most famous indie game ever remains an assist, shantae has no actual chances
Shovel Knight has no bearing on Shantae's chances. "X isn't getting in until Y does!" has been broken so many times. Just like how we got Lucina and Robin before Chrom in 4 for instance.

And I wouldn't call Shovel Knight the most famous indie game ever, considering that it had a Japan release a whole two years after its US/Euro release.

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Gwen if you're so concerned with people thinking you're a guy maybe get some different clothes?"
No that's gender neutral
"I guess but maybe wear something more feminine?"
No that's gender neutral too, just not my style
"Fine but at least wear a bra"
Gender neutral
Every clothing can be gender neutral if you don't give enough ****s.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't think Shantae will make it this game; I don't believe she'll be DLC because Matt Bozon or whoever already said something like "Shantae for 4 out of 5 Smash DLCs!" and seeing as how they never bothered replying to anyone who asked about Shantae in Smash because of a Spirit (while replying to questions about Shantae in other games she's not in), I'd think they wouldn't want to start if they actually negotiated for DLC (Sakurai posted that tweet about DLC decisions being finished not long afterwards).

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
I like how people are going "NO I AM MOST CERTAINLY NOT HORNY" when we gotta be real and remember Darkstalkers and Hex Maniac are only popular because of horny gamers being horny again
Hey, Dark Stalkers is cool...

I dislike Geno so all Geno supporters will be vored
Hey, that's not fair.

I am not a geno supporter and I wanna get vored!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Opinions are like a butt.

yours is full of **** and nobody wants it" -- twitter friend 2015
If you don't want to hear people's opinions because they will upset you if they differ from yours, then why go to the internet?

TBH none of us are Sakurai and can't say what does and doesn't "have a chance". Those little percentages we like to throw around literally mean nothing and some of y'all get way too upset about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

why the hell would i be objective, its my own opinion and i'm not going to lie about how i feel just to make others feel better about themselves
Look... I hate Bandana Dee.

He is a character that i don’t care about, and i don’t choose him most of the time when i play a Kirby game with him. I always prefered Meta Knight, Dedede and Adeleine.

However, does that mean that he mustn’t be in Smash? No. Because he represents a key part of the modern Kirby games, has become a fan favourite and actually has potential for a decent moveset in Smash. He is also the only character left from the main cast of modern Kirby.

Shantae is the same deal: You can like her or not, but she has potential for a cool moveset, and is one of the few indie reps who are close to Shovel Knight in general.

osby

Smash Obsessed
no she just has zero chance until shovel knight is playable

as long as the most famous indie game ever remains an assist, shantae has no actual chances
Platforming in Shantae is pretty good but actual fighting part kinda gets repetitive and boring. I also wasn't too fond of the writing, but that's just me.

Whether you like a game or not doesn't really affect a character's chances in Smash. Bayonetta and Joker got in before more famous action and RPG characters. Being a newcomer doesn't necessarily mean you won a contest.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey, Dark Stalkers is cool...

Hey, that's not fair.

I am not a geno supporter and I wanna get vored!
I like Darkstalkers too but that's the only reason it ever stuck

Also guys calm the **** down that wasn't even a bad opinion Bionichute had
It's not that different opinions upset me. I just don't wanna see **** taste
You like vore so you played yourself

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Shovel Knight has no bearing on Shantae's chances. "X isn't getting in until Y does!" has been broken so many times. Just like how we got Lucina and Robin before Chrom in 4 for instance.

And I wouldn't call Shovel Knight the most famous indie game ever, considering that it had a Japan release a whole two years after its US/Euro release.
shantae is also not popular in japan so that excuse doesn't help her either? and yeah something like touhou is probably more famous but its also a weird thing where most of it is fangames not made by the original creator? i never was into touhou but i do know that its good for some people and also impossible to get into unless you actually try

this has nothing to do with touhou's chances i just personally think it wouldn't happen? i wouldn't be completely against it but i still don't see it happening

D

Deleted member

It's not that different opinions upset me. I just don't wanna see **** taste
Hate to break it to you, but not everyone in life will like the same things as you, and that does not make them wrong. Insulting someone for not liking a video game is honestly pretty immature, but you do you, I guess.

Double K

Smash Lord
I like Darkstalkers too but that's the only reason it ever stuck
I mean, it didn't. Most people want Darkstalkers back these days because either horny or edgy. I hear a lot of Darkstalkers fans get annoyed by how almost all the modern representation is Dimitri and Morrighan these days.

you like vore so you played yourself
No, vore is not **** taste. It's flavor is whoever is getting vored, c'mon head in hte game!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
shantae is also not popular in japan so that excuse doesn't help her either? and yeah something like touhou is probably more famous but its also a weird thing where most of it is fangames not made by the original creator? i never was into touhou but i do know that its good for some people and also impossible to get into unless you actually try

this has nothing to do with touhou's chances i just personally think it wouldn't happen? i wouldn't be completely against it but i still don't see it happening
I'm not saying she's the most famous indie game (although she has a bit of popularity in Japan, there's figures of her and Risky made and I think Rotty is getting one too), I'm just saying that SK has no presence there because his game didn't release there until two years after it did for the rest of the world.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I'm not saying she's the most famous indie game (although she has a bit of popularity in Japan, there's figures of her and Risky made and I think Rotty is getting one too), I'm just saying that SK has no presence there because his game didn't release there until two years after it did for the rest of the world.
shovel knight still made it into smash first, in a sense

Double K

Smash Lord
Hate to break it to you, but not everyone in life will like the same things as you, and that does not make them wrong. Insulting someone for not liking a video game is honestly pretty immature, but you do you, I guess.
We're posting on a forum about a game marketed towards 10 year olds.

This is the last place anyone should be bringing up maturity as an argument

Bionichute

Smash Champion
We're posting on a forum about a game marketed towards 10 year olds.

This is the last place anyone should be bringing up maturity as an argument
that is not an excuse and also getting mad at video games is something that just generally makes you look like an idiot

Yami19

Smash Rookie
What do you guys think about the idea of a character like Sora getting into Smash Ultimate? I understand that his inclusion might be problematic due to his games' connections with Disney but disregarding that what would you think?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
What do you guys think about the idea of a character like Sora getting into Smash Ultimate? I understand that his inclusion might be problematic due to his games' connections with Disney but disregarding that what would you think?
Not A Fan Of That At All

D

Deleted member

I would find him cool, tbh.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
i kin myself as magolor so i guess its all working out, but with internet opinions instead of universe conquering
Theyre not even well thought out bad opinions. All of em boil down to "BUT I DONT WANT IIIIIIITTTT!!!!!"

At least my box hatred came from some box theorists acting a bit smug, and (admittedly disproven) info i got from a friend. You're just shrieking cuz people like characters you dont.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
shovel knight still made it into smash first, in a sense
Not really, because the only thing he has over Shantae is being an Assist. They both made it into the same iteration of Smash, so he didn't come before Shantae. Unless SK was a part of 4 and I never knew about it LOL :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom