• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Broken image?
Ok, it is Commander Video

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I'd love it! I grew up with Kingdom Hearts, so Sora would be pretty special for me. One of the few choices that'd match Joker's hype.
Honestly Sora is one of a small handful of big hype characters there even are left. The others being Crash, Shantae, Master Chief, and anyone else bionichute hates.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was playing SoulCalibur 6, and I realized something. Nightmare’s super attack is literally a Final Smash. Like, if they put him in Smash they wouldn’t need to change a thing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I meant that it would be problematic because of the difficulty of adding him given that he comes from a franchise littered with Disney characters
I mean, Joker comes with a franchise littered with Gnostic figures and sex demons. They can just single out the character.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Honestly Sora is one of a small handful of big hype characters there even are left. The others being Crash, Shantae, Master Chief, and anyone else bionichute hates.
not big hype characters if not everyone is excited for them lol

and i know multiple other people who would dislike all of those characters being in smash bros, probably even more than i would

Bionichute

Smash Champion
what the hell is even your point now

you just seem very angry that i said a mean thing about a video game character that you like? please tell me what you're trying to say besides just being spiteful we were having a fun conversation until you came along

Double K

Smash Lord
alright if you didn't mean that to be me then it could either be:

a. ****ting on mr. wario's opinions on opinions for some reason
or
b. you saying that everyone who doesn't agree with you has **** taste
I mean b. would obviously be me being facetious and a. would be understandable considering how dimissive and elitist they can be about their own opinions, such as the FE Fates argument yesterday and them blowing it off with "Only reason people complained was because of the petting minigame being removed" and when people brought up evidence to the contrary again blew it off as people looking for reasons to complain

But again, it's not a personal attack. It's me being facetious

Last edited:

Yami19

Smash Rookie
I mean, Joker comes with a franchise littered with Gnostic figures and sex demons. They can just single out the character.
Yeah but copyright and stuff. Honestly, I'd be pretty dissapointed if Sora was in Smash Ultimate and Donald and Goofy werent apart of his final smash. And I dont think Disney would let their characters like Donald and Goofy be in smash unfortunately

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean b. would obviously be me being facetious and a. would be understandable considering how dimissive and elitist they can be about their own opinions, such as the FE Fates argument yesterday and them blowing it off with "Only reason people complained was because of the petting minigame being removed" and when people brought up evidence to the contrary again blew it off as people looking for reasons to complain
Aaaaand we are talking about Fire Emblem again because of course we are.

D

Deleted member

and i know multiple other people who would dislike all of those characters being in smash bros, probably even more than i would
"These kids who sit next to me in freshmen english say that they wouldn't want Sora so that means he wouldn't be hype"

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
what the hell is even your point now

you just seem very angry that i said a mean thing about a video game character that you like? please tell me what you're trying to say besides just being spiteful we were having a fun conversation until you came along
Says the guy who goes ape**** anyone mentions Sora or Shantae. Also poor baby did i hurt your feefees by coming to the boards today?

Bionichute

Smash Champion

But again, it's not a personal attack. It's me being facetious
i mean that's a very petty reason to say "this person has wrong opinions on everything" but whatever?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah but copyright and stuff. Honestly, I'd be pretty dissapointed if Sora was in Smash Ultimate and Donald and Goofy werent apart of his final smash. And I dont think Disney would let their characters like Donald and Goofy be in smash unfortunately
Cloud comes with, like zero party members from FF7. I think it would be okay.

Double K

Smash Lord
Nothing about Joker's design relies on any of that. His visuals are all inspired by LN Anime protagonist outfits and phantom thief literarture

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nothing about Joker's design relies on any of that. His visuals are all inspired by LN Anime protagonist outfits and phantom thief literarture
And Sora's design relies on Disney because of a...keychain?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Says the guy who goes ape**** anyone mentions Sora or Shantae. Also poor baby did i hurt your feefees by coming to the boards today?
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i have never actually gone ape**** over any of these characters, i just say that i don't like them and then hope the conversation moves on

when i actually try to post things to get people angry nobody responds

Double K

Smash Lord
And Sora's design relies on Disney because of a...keychain?
Ignoring the fact that removing Donald/Goofy removes a huge amount of charm that his character had (his interaction with his friends), he is literally designed to look like a Disney character.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ignoring the fact that removing Donald/Goofy removes a huge amount of charm that his character had (his interaction with his friends), he is literally designed to look like a Disney character.
You mean his two item caddys who event arent avaialble in party in nearly all the non numbered games?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You realize that by this definition no characters are hype, right? Not Ridley, not K.Rool, not even Sonic the Hedgehog back in Brawl.

There's always going to be a portion of the fanbase that doesn't care.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

i have never actually gone ape**** over any of these characters, i just say that i don't like them and then hope the conversation moves on

I mean you COULD express your opinions in a respectful way that DOESN’T insult fans and supporters:

shantae is the actual worst character i've seen people cling onto for smash bros

shantae games are bad, and i've paid for one. i think the only reason she's popular is because horny gamers exist
But hey, you do you, I mean it seems like it worked out so well for you so far...

Bionichute

Smash Champion
You mean his two item caddys who event arent avaialble in party in nearly all the non numbered games?
you mean the games that don't involve sora, the character everyone is saying should be in smash? the ones that literally have nothing to do with him for the most part?

ventus for smash

D

Deleted member

Mickey head...thats all it takes
In fairness, you could change that to a crown or a heart and it would be just fine.

The character himself, however, is partly owned by both Disney and SE; so talks would still be incredibly difficult, I imagine.

D

Deleted member

"These kids who sit next to me in freshmen english say that they wouldn't want Sora so that means he wouldn't be hype"
I got more dope examples to help your point!

>”The Fantastic Four had a lot of awful movies with despisable characters and stupid writing, so that means that they are the same way in the comics and sucks on any media!”
>”Crash has dissappeared after MoM, a game that most didn’t like! That means he is hated by the company that owns him and everyone! He should stay dead unlike Mario! **** Crash!”
>”Toho hasn’t made a Godzilla movie since Final Wars, which wasn’t that liked! That means that nobody cares about the kaiju! Not even the creators guys!”
>”Zero Suit Samus is the most popular Metroid rep in Smash 4... Then Metroid is a franchise for horny people! Why would she be that populat if it isn’t for that?”
>”K.Rool is a powerful character that i can’t beat... He is broken and anyone who mains him is the worst person in the planet!”

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
If Disney is fine with Thanos in Fortnite, I think they'd be fine with Donald and Goofy appearing in Sora's Final Smash amd the Mickey Keychain

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
you mean the games that don't involve sora, the character everyone is saying should be in smash? the ones that literally have nothing to do with him for the most part?

ventus for smash
Yeah because Dream Drop Distance, Chain of memories, and Coded got nothing to do with Sora. Wanna try again?

Double K

Smash Lord

See, NOW this post can be about you. Literally responding to a conversation to say that you don't like a thing is going to annoy people so its better to keep your mouth shut.

They're still pretty important in CoM and only 3D had their importance to the plot drop significantly

D

Deleted member

If Disney is fine with Thanos in Fortnite, I think they'd be fine with Donald and Goofy appearing in Sora's Final Smash amd the Mickey Keychain
Not to mention the reference to the Mickey Mouse game for the Game & Watch in Brawl, alongside Mario Kart music in Disneyland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom