• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I got more dope examples to help your point!

>”The Fantastic Four had a lot of awful movies with despisable characters and stupid writing, so that means that they are the same way in the comics and sucks on any media!”
>”Crash has dissappeared after MoM, a game that most didn’t like! That means he is hated by the company that owns him and everyone! He should stay dead unlike Mario! **** Crash!”
>”Toho hasn’t made a Godzilla movie since Final Wars, which wasn’t that liked! That means that nobody cares about the kaiju! Not even the creators guys!”
>”Zero Suit Samus is the most popular Metroid rep in Smash 4... Then Metroid is a franchise for horny people! Why would she be that populat if it isn’t for that?”
>”K.Rool is a powerful character that i can’t beat... He is broken and anyone who mains him is the worst person in the planet!”
Why do you keep segwaying everything to the fantastic four?

Bionichute

Smash Champion
im gonna double down and say **** shantae and sora in smash

i could take the high road and ignore it but yall ain't worth it

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

You're just kind of being a douche. Like, no one is telling you to not have an opinion. We are just asking that you stop being such a douche.

It's not that deep.

D

Deleted member

Why do you keep segwaying everything to the fantastic four?
Because my post was meant to help the point i read with cases that i had experienced online and IRL.

It wasn’t about the Fantastic Four, but instead about how i experienced similar stuff related to my favourite franchises and my favourite videogame villain.

Double K

Smash Lord
I got more dope examples to help your point!

>”The Fantastic Four had a lot of awful movies with despisable characters and stupid writing, so that means that they are the same way in the comics and sucks on any media!”
>”Crash has dissappeared after MoM, a game that most didn’t like! That means he is hated by the company that owns him and everyone! He should stay dead unlike Mario! **** Crash!”
>”Toho hasn’t made a Godzilla movie since Final Wars, which wasn’t that liked! That means that nobody cares about the kaiju! Not even the creators guys!”
>”Zero Suit Samus is the most popular Metroid rep in Smash 4... Then Metroid is a franchise for horny people! Why would she be that populat if it isn’t for that?”
>”K.Rool is a powerful character that i can’t beat... He is broken and anyone who mains him is the worst person in the planet!”
To b fair, Fantastic Four hasn't been doing too well in the comics lately, Crash's remaster played poorly due to input lag and not accounting for modern visuals with their hitboxes and a few other things.

If Disney is fine with Thanos in Fortnite, I think they'd be fine with Donald and Goofy appearing in Sora's Final Smash amd the Mickey Keychain
There are several hundred levels of copyright protection Disney will go through in order to protect their holy trinity of Mickey, Donald and Goofy than lending out Thanos

culumon

Smash Apprentice
For what it's worth I genuinely think there is worth with sometimes just saying "I don't want this character in Smash because I personally don't like them". Speculation so often sees people debate the merits of certain characters based on completely fictitious stipulations that Sakurai either doesn't play by, period, or if he does he's clearly been fast and loose with those rules. Maybe the world would be a harmonious place if we could all admit to ourselves sometimes we just don't like a thing and we can all move on with our lives. Which isn't to say there isn't merit to analysing the how and the why, to see where our biases originate, because of course irrational hatred can be toxic and wrong, but in instances where it is self-evidently harmless perhaps we can choose not to strain ourselves seeking deeper meaning where there is none. Perhaps there is catharsis in saying "I don't like thing because I don't."

I don't like Sora. I wouldn't care to see him in Smash. I've never played Kingdom Hearts. I think his character design is representative of Tetsuya Nomura trying to haphazardly mash two completely incongruent aesthetics together. He's this "cool" looking anime pretty boy but then he has big ol' Mickey Mouse shoes and it's so disconcerting and I hate to look at him. Both of those aesthetics can be fine on their own merits I but together they don't work for me and so I hate to look at Sora. Is that a good reason to not want him in Smash? No. Should my personal distaste for him invalidate the joy of the hundreds of thousands of people for whom Sora's inclusion would bring? No. Would his inclusion probably add to the net amount of joy and excitement in the world? Yes. Do I still want him to stay away from me and my family, by family in this case being Smash Bros? Dear God yes. Get out of here with your clown shoes, Sora.

D

Deleted member

Honestly if that CSS was made this week we'd have the only lasting effect on culture that Polar Express had added there
Gwen, shut the **** up Polar Express is a conematic masterpiece, it's literally the Jojo Part 4 of animation.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Eh? Could you elaborate further?
The Chronicle in Brawl lists games that were published by Nintendo, so, it mentions the title of the Mickey game for Game & Watch.
Listing just the name of the game for historical purposes probably isn’t really the same thing as an actual appearance.

D

Deleted member

BRAVE GAMER TAKES DRAMATIC LAST STAND AGAINST HORNY WEEBS

Last edited by a moderator:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
It takes zero effort to not be an *******, why go out of your way to make people mad?
i wasn't even trying to be a douche until everyone else started acting like a douche. my philosophy is to treat others how they'd treat you, ergo

D

Deleted member

To b fair, Fantastic Four hasn't been doing too well in the comics lately, Crash's remaster played poorly due to input lag and not accounting for modern visuals with their hitboxes and a few other things.

There are several hundred levels of copyright protection Disney will go through in order to protect their holy trinity of Mickey, Donald and Goofy than lending out Thanos
The difference is that you brought fair points (maybe some could argue that the new comics debuted recently are neat outside of the third one, and the patch that fixed some of the stuff of N.Sane Trilogy).

However, my point was towards the people that hated it just to get attention, clicks or follow a trend (like the hate to Sonic at times).

It is fine to rant about a thing with fair and developed points, but not to rant in order to follow virtual trends or trigger people.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
It's baffling that among all the suggestions here Goemon is still not mentioned T^T

D

Deleted member

Such drama here

Guess I'll go back to playing Battle Arenas
I am playing the story mode with the Raimi suit on Spider-Man PS4 and watching some movies at the moment too.

The suit was done in an outstanding way, to the point that it almost feels like a live action movie at times.

It's baffling that among all the suggestions here Goemon is still not mentioned T^T
Because Goemon is pure, and there’s nothing wrong with him.

At least i see it that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Double K

Smash Lord
i wasn't even trying to be a douche until everyone else started acting like a douche. my philosophy is to treat others how they'd treat you, ergo
Dude, people aren't saying your opinions are bad because they're being asses. This thread is steeped in about 15 layers of self-deprecation, irony and obvious ****posting because generally we're all friends here.

We make fun of your opinions like people make fun of Pat from the debunked Super Best Friends Play channel.

"We love you pat. You are entitled to your opinion, however wrong it is."

Bionichute

Smash Champion
im sorry to say but not a lot of people in the west care about goemon (which IS a crime)

the reason is because we barely got any of the games and also cultural gaps

osby

Smash Obsessed
Because, like five people in here played that game and most of them seems to know he doesn't have much chance.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
none of you are giving me any incentive to not be a douche
Imma keep it real with you, needing an incentive to not be a douche is the kind of mentality a toddler has. A toddler will act how they want to, and only will behave or act a certain way when they get a reward. We are on a board talking about a video game. A VIDEO GAME. There is no reason to act like a douche to anyone over differing opinions on characters in a video game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom