• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

im gonna double down and say **** shantae and sora in smash

i could take the high road and ignore it but yall ain't worth it
'Kay, see, now you're being rude.

Just chill, guys. It's just a video game: Let's keep things in proper perspective.

D

Deleted member

It is fine to dislike Shantae and not want her in Smash.

But the thing that isn’t fine is trying to affirm that a character must be denied from joining Smash, and getting too mad when people think different.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Your philosophy as far as I can see revolves around incessantly being a douche on smashboards forums where nobody wants you and not much else
i mean most people here only know me on the forums and not wherever else i am on the internet (except cutiehoney i think we've maybe posted in the same threads on another forum) so obviously that philosophy only comes across as that here

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i wasn't even trying to be a douche until everyone else started acting like a douche. my philosophy is to treat others how they'd treat you, ergo
"this character is awful and only perverts like her"

"wait why are people being rude to me"

Yami19

Smash Rookie
i mean most people here only know me on the forums and not wherever else i am on the internet (except cutiehoney i think we've maybe posted in the same threads on another forum) so obviously that philosophy only comes across as that here
If your philosophy is seriously that you need incentive to not be a ******** and you still think that you "like to treat people the way they treat you" theres no reason to think that you act differently anywhere else

Bionichute

Smash Champion
this thread is the only place i actually act mean at all lol (unless i get into arguments with racists and nazis, **** those guys)

D

Deleted member

I may not like the modern Shantae games from the levels i got to play.

But the first game on the Game Boy Color was a masterpiece in regards to graphics, colour pallette and animations, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
shantae is the actual worst character i've seen people cling onto for smash bros

shantae games are bad, and i've paid for one. i think the only reason she's popular is because horny gamers exist
I wouldn’t go that far by calling her the worst, but I do agree that her games aren’t really anything special and there are far better choices for an indie character. Plus, I’d much rather our first western 3rd party not be some niche indie character.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Jesus christ I leave you alone for 10 minutes to play with my freshly imported weeb toys and y'all argue this badly
*leaves this thread*
*expects not to return to drama*

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
speaking of weebtoys, oh boy that recently revealed Azur Lane figure for New Years Prinz Eugen is HOO BABY

D

Deleted member

Zinith Zinith isn't here to do it, so I'm gonna have to do it for him:

nipah__by_piraticoctopus-d80nvgq.png

DuOnx0rUUAA_6xk.jpg

On that note, Mawile not being a Pokeball Pokemon makes me sad. :c

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
im sorry to say but not a lot of people in the west care about goemon (which IS a crime)

the reason is because we barely got any of the games and also cultural gaps
The games went fine and the jokes were translated well for a heavily Japanese oriented game, they nailed it and narrowed that gap well. Maybe back then it might've been an issue, but today with all those animes, JRPGs, anime games.. I think the gap is about nonexistent, and it makes the game pretty much comprehensible.
Because, like five people in here played that game and most of them seems to know he doesn't have much chance.
Well this 6th person thinks otherwise :)

D

Deleted member

Man, I check this thread one time just to see what’s going on, and there’s already some big drama happening? I’m very disappointed in all of you. Go to your room. Or rooms, plural. Would be a bit weird if you all shared a room, that’s what, at least 100 people?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Kamen Rider Premium Bandai imports from a middleman.
Coincidentally enough the guy who used the item in question is called Banjo.
Can we get Banjo Ryuga in Smash? Not the boring one from some old stinky game
Imagine playing a stinky game

This post was made by shower gang

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly I'd argue "not being a douche" should be a persons default stance to be in, not the other way around. Regardless of circumstances unless you are being ad hominem'd or something.

Double K

Smash Lord
Kamen Rider Premium Bandai imports from a middleman.
Coincidentally enough the guy who used the item in question is called Banjo.
Can we get Banjo Ryuga in Smash? Not the boring one from some old stinky game
Oh, you're a tokufriend

Thoughts on Garo? Or are you strictly KR/Sentai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom