• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

elma? rex? fiora? nah son, next xenoblade character should be

riki
Riki creates creates a clone of himself and becomes both an assist trophy and a playable character.

Make it happen it happen Sakurai, you know people want him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
"Zelda is an RPG franchise" - People who have only played/seen Zelda II
Argubly the worst, and most frustrating game in the franchise.

But I do gotta say though, BotW does have a lot of RPG elements in it. So did Skyward Sword honestly.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i mean being fair, depending on how you look at it, there's either 15 or 22 rpg characters (if you want to include fire emblem characters because that is very, very close to an rpg imo. strategy rpg)

we only have 23 platformer characters, and the rest are characters from other genres. i think we have so many rpg characters because of pokemon, but like. rpgs are good even if they aren't super my thing?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
i mean being fair, depending on how you look at it, there's either 15 or 22 rpg characters (if you want to include fire emblem characters because that is very, very close to an rpg imo. strategy rpg)

we only have 23 platformer characters, and the rest are characters from other genres. i think we have so many rpg characters because of pokemon, but like. rpgs are good even if they aren't super my thing?
Yeah but they aren't what I grew up with so we should take away the rights of RPG fans

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Yeah FE is officially counted as Strategy RPG.
But hush with the facts and actual insight into the numbers, you'll kill the false narrative that way. And how dare you be considerate of what other people want.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
But hush with the facts and actual insight into the numbers, you'll kill the false narrative that way. And how dare you be considerate of what other people want.

as a very not a fan of fire emblem i really get the complaints about there being too many fire emblem characters (even if i enjoy playing as most of them) but there are like. other rpgs that are good? i endorse more rpg content that isn't fire emblem

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

lmfao that reminds me, someone made that graph of characters who use their fists, guns/tech or swords to show that swords aren't nearly as common in Smash as people let on and his response is "Nuh uh that's dishonest and I will not elaborate on that"

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
So what does everyone think about Spirits and weather they deconfrm DLC fighters or not? I personally think they don't, since they're essentially this game's Trophies and Mewtwo and Lucas had their own before they were shown as DLC for Smash 4, but I've seen a lot of mixed opinions on the topic.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That guy y'all are talking about seems rude in general.

Anyway he just described what makes "the best Smash Bros. guests" and all his points line-up with Minecraft (except arguably closely affiliated with Nintendo but it's still close if you ask me due to how Nintendo treats it).

Bionichute

Smash Champion
So what does everyone think about Spirits and weather they deconfrm DLC fighters or not? I personally think they don't, since they're essentially this game's Trophies and Mewtwo and Lucas had their own before they were shown as DLC for Smash 4, but I've seen a lot of mixed opinions on the topic.
what i'd say is to not get your hopes up for any character that has a spirit. its not confirmed that spirits deconfirm characters, but its generally better to keep low expectations over these kind of things

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That guy y'all are talking about seems rude in general.

Anyway he just described what makes "the best Smash Bros. guests" and all his points line-up with Minecraft (except arguably closely affiliated with Nintendo but it's still close if you ask me due to how Nintendo treats it).
Yes but you see the game with Mario with a coat, baby Pikachu, 3 Links and Samus But Not In Her Suit has high standards, the best selling video game ever just doesn't fit within those standards

D

Deleted member

Yes but you see the game with Mario with a coat, baby Pikachu, 3 Links and Samus But Not In Her Suit has high standards, the best selling video game ever just doesn't fit within those standards
Minecraft is a platformer bc you can jump

Bionichute

Smash Champion
dr mario is one of the most successful puzzle games of all time, and pokemon just exists in general

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I don’t do a lot of spirit battles, nor do I play a lot of WoL but Spirits are interesting. Some are used in clever ways, others in unfortunate ways such as the Paz spirit.

When it comes to whether they deconfirm characters or not, I’m personally not so sure. I’d love if they didn’t but I wouldn’t get my hopes up. The trophy argument doesn’t apply at all to Spirits though. Trophies didn’t serve much of a purpose other than a static model of a character/object with info on said character/object. Spirits are different in that they alter a fighter’s gameplay and add items at the start of a fight. Trophies have never done that.

D

Deleted member

I don’t do a lot of spirit battles, nor do I play a lot of WoL but Spirits are interesting. Some are used in clever ways, others in unfortunate ways such as the Paz spirit.

When it comes to whether they deconfirm characters or not, I’m personally not so sure. I’d love if they didn’t but I wouldn’t get my hopes up. The trophy argument doesn’t apply at all to Spirits though. Trophies didn’t serve much of a purpose other than a static model of a character/object with info on said character/object. Spirits are different in that they alter a fighter’s gameplay and add items at the start of a fight. Trophies have never done that.
God the Paz spirit is ****ed the hell up, Hinawa's too

Last edited by a moderator:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

To be pedantic, isn’t FE a tactical RPG, not a strategy RPG? Strategy describes planning out the entire war (ex. playing Risk,) while tactics describes the more specific nitty-gritty of troop placement and whatnot. :ultrobin: is a tactician and not a strategist, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom