• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
How can somebody within what, an hour, go from "Some other information seems to rule out everything I've said thus far" to, "Yeah, Steve and the SE rep are in"?

Bruh, I don't know that there's a reason to keep following this person when their only reason for getting attention is Vergeben, a known piggybacker (despite being right about Smash) saying, "Well, at least a few things add up"

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Where were you in the last couple of pages
Unless you have specific evidence
Where is the evidence? I shouldn't have to sort through pages on pages of forum posts.
So are all 5 of the DLC characters wrong or are 4 wrong and Steve is still in?
There are 2 different statements here.
No. The DLC list of 5 characters can be fake, but a character on the list can be true. They're not mutually exclusive.

Potato_

Smash Lord
THIS IS A MISINTERPRETATION

HITAGI MEANS THAT THE SE REP HASN'T BEEN SINGLED OUT YET
Exactly.

From what it sounds like, Hitagi probably had 3 or 4 characters they were looking at as confirmed which aren't anymore. This doesn't necessarily mean we aren't getting characters from those companies though, just that they may not be the ones they heard of.

From what I can understand though they're still confident in Steve, which is nothing new.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
I'm still confident that we're getting a Square Enix rep because Vergeben hasn't gone back on that yet.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I feel like you say stuff like that just to seem mature. I feel like you're secretly hyped
I don't know how to explain to you that the Squenix rep being fake would be soulcrushing to me beyond pointing you to my icon and signature. Not that it is but I definitely wasn't hyped during that post.
I got nothing to be hyped about Jacob, and I'm beyond my "trying to seem mature" years

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I don't know how to explain to you that the Squenix rep being fake would be soulcrushing to me beyond pointing you to my icon and signature. Not that it is but I definitely wasn't hyped during that post.
I got nothing to be hyped about Jacob, and I'm beyond my "trying to seem mature" years
Whatever you say

NineS

Smash Lord
Even if Hitagi is wrong, the one thing they won't be wrong for is the fact we're getting a Square Enix rep.
Vergeben has yet to let us down in smash, and while he could potentially be wrong about smash in the future, his track record within Smash is astonishing.
If we're to wipe out Hitagi Galeem-style, then the things we can still expect are:

❖ A Square Enix rep
❖ Minecraft in some form of DLC/An obvious Microsoft rep
❖ ???
❖ ???
❖ ???

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Even if Hitagi is wrong, the one thing they won't be wrong for is the fact we're getting a Square Enix rep.
Vergeben has yet to let us down in smash, and while he could potentially be wrong about smash in the future, his track record within Smash is astonishing.
If we're to wipe out Hitagi Galeem-style, then the things we can still expect are:

❖ A Square Enix rep
❖ Minecraft in some form of DLC/An obvious Microsoft rep
❖ ???
❖ ???
❖ ???
Totally agreed.

NineS

Smash Lord
I dunno, I just don't trust random strangers on the internet on what they say, and you, sir or madam or whatever your prefered pronoun is, are a stranger.
I don't trust you not trusting others, stranger.
How do I know for sure that I can trust the fact that you wouldn't trust us online strangers, stranger?
Why what happened?
Aside from Vergeben staying strong on Minecraft being represented in some form, Hitagi says that they're still confident about a Square Enix rep and Steve in Smash. All the other potential reps he mentioned he's unsure of.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
THEY HAVE THE SAME ****ING ANIMATIONS IN AWAKENING ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME
MARTH IS ALSO LITERALLY THE ONLY CHARACTER TO NOT USE ROBIN'S ASSETS FOR A MODEL INSTEAD HAVING LUCINA'S AS A BASE
PF ****ING COURSE SHE'S A MARTH CLONE
FOR ****'S SAKES GUYS PLAY AWAKENING

Interesting, so, could I interest you in Arthur, King of the Brittons with the bare minimum required for me to say she actually has boobs?

Please PLEASE TELLL ME THIS IS REAL
Uh...yeah cuz she was pretending to be him at one point and they just copied her animations for him. Story wise she should not and could not fight like Marth because she has no idea how he actually fights. Because he's long dead by the time she was born.
You are saying to play Awakening yet you seemed to not have payed attention to its story. Fire Emblem Warriors also has her share a moveset with Chrom, not Marth. So it's very likely going both by Awakening's story and FEW that her fighting style is not meant to be like Marth's fighting style and more like her fathers.

Seine

Smash Cadet
For Isabelle specifically, she doesn’t really have anything she can just launch across the stage for free, unlike Link or Samus. She can spam fair or bair but that is harder to do consistently compared to what Link or Samus does and it has little impact at long range. She can set up the Lloid mine and cast her fishing hook, but that doesn’t force people to approach although it can catch people thrown in her direction (besides, correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t her own Lloid mine hit her too if she’s just standing on it?)
Ok I just need to say she does not get hit from her loid rocket but it could be an amazing ledge guard like her fishing hook because it has a hit box coming in and going out so it would be best for her to have stage control, I think a good option for getting out of neutral is prob her nair because it seems like Marths nair with a shorter range and she can prob spam it.
(P.S her loud rocket is a multi hit so it could lead to combos in early game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom