• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I'm probably omega late to this, but happy 20th anniversary to Young Link's game, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time!
here's my art for it:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
All leaks are fake because we all know DIO is gonna be a DLC for Smash Brawl.
I wish lol

I hope the leakers are wrong about DLC tbh, I want real surprises at least for DLC. I'm glad no one took the :ultpiranha: leaks seriously.

Taunts don't count, since Daisy got her own, Dark Pit as well. Aerials are the same, The Marios has differs in downs airs, Chrom's data looks mostly like Roy.
Out of the all the Echoes, he's the one that has the biggest gameplay differences to his original imo. No sourspot means certain set-ups that work for Roy may not work for him, and it also means he has an easier time killing and is better at keeping the opponent away. Most importantly, his recovery prevents Chrom from edgeguarding and recovering the same way as Roy, or even close.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Not exactly

Vergeben is now not completely trusting Hitagi anymore
Wait Verg actually said something?

Yeah, I'm not riding on Steve being anything anymore.

Usually the most vocal leakers tend to be the fakes. Vergeben only speaks when he wants to. Hitagi constantly makes new threads on r/kappa to spice up conversation. I honestly have never seen someone flipflop more

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm probably omega late to this, but happy 20th anniversary to Young Link's game, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time!
here's my art for it:
Uh, he'll be one of my "tier 2" mains, so yeah.

But since you also reminded me, happy 28th anniversary to Yoshi, because there's been so many anniversaries today.

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I wish lol

I hope the leakers are wrong about DLC tbh, I want real surprises at least for DLC. I'm glad no one took the :ultpiranha: leaks seriously.

Out of the all the Echoes, he's the one that has the biggest gameplay differences to his original imo. No sourspot means certain set-ups that work for Roy may not work for him, and it also means he has an easier time killing and is better at keeping the opponent away. Most importantly, his recovery prevents Chrom from edgeguarding and recovering the same way as Roy, or even close.
I know; but I'm talking about other moves! I am an huge fan of Chrom so thanks?

Grunky Peep

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to learn more about this for ideas of possible stages that I could make. Would you like to describe it?
I can only faintly remember it. It had the chamber background, there were a couple platforms (some of them moving), and it also had the glass tunnels from Norfair. The namesake of the stage was "The Pit", which was a narrow pit made up of blocks on the right side of the stage that was almost impossible to escape. You would either need to be playing a character with multiple jumps, or get launched out. In hindsight, we probably could've walljumped out of it, but we were filthy casuals who never used shield, thought Kirby was OP, and didn't know that wall-jumping or teching were things. I tried to recreate it in Wii U, but the stage builder in Wii U is just so bad.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Uh, he'll be one of my "tier 2" mains, so yeah.

But since you also reminded me, happy 28th anniversary to Yoshi, because there's been so many anniversaries today.
That's cool! I'm pretty excited to use him seeing as how he's got flaming arrows with like no lag which is lit!

And it's Yoshi's anniversary!? I didn't know that lol! XD Maybe I should've made him something too. Oh well.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm really glad Nintendo remembers Castlevania 64.

I don't care what anyone says, I loved the two 64 Castlevania games. I hope to see Spirits of Carrie, Cornell, Henry, Vincent, and Renon.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Because there isn't one. He trusts Hitagi.
I hate it when people spread misinformation. The moment you refuse to cite a source, you just proved you're bull****ting. It's really annoying.

EDIT: I like to see both sides of an argument, but until I see proof, I'm going to assume that Vergeben is siding with Hitagi to some degree.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
That's cool! I'm pretty excited to use him seeing as how he's got flaming arrows with like no lag which is lit!

And it's Yoshi's anniversary!? I didn't know that lol! XD Maybe I should've made him something too. Oh well.
True, although I do want to see what usefulness double arrows with Link could have in the long run. I'm just gonna use all three, because why not (I stuck with both Link/TL as SSB4 mains), but I'll primarily go Link.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I can only faintly remember it. It had the chamber background, there were a couple platforms (some of them moving), and it also had the glass tunnels from Norfair. The namesake of the stage was "The Pit", which was a narrow pit made up of blocks on the right side of the stage that was almost impossible to escape. You would either need to be playing a character with multiple jumps, or get launched out. In hindsight, we probably could've walljumped out of it, but we were filthy casuals who never used shield, thought Kirby was OP, and didn't know that wall-jumping or teching were things. I tried to recreate it in Wii U, but the stage builder in Wii U is just so bad.
I've made large box stages that sound similar to what you're describing

Seine

Smash Cadet
Ok guys what about another sonic rep like maybe Amy or something I feel like she would be a heavy character with most of her smash attacks being her hammer and such tell me if there could have been a better sonic rep (other than shadow) I want to hear some speculation

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I should absolutely point this out even though it has nothing to do with smash

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Remember how king K. Rool got saved this might be another one of those scenarios if banjo wins

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253

Remember how king K. Rool got saved this might be another one of those scenarios if banjo wins
I'm gonna make a bold claim and say that earthbound is gonna trample Banjo. An even bigger claim that this means nothing.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Ok guys what about another sonic rep like maybe Amy or something I feel like she would be a heavy character with most of her smash attacks being her hammer and such tell me if there could have been a better sonic rep (other than shadow) I want to hear some speculation
If any other character deserves to be the second Sonic representative at this point, it's Tails. He's been Sonic's sidekick since almost the beginning, has plenty to draw from thanks to his own sidegames and Battle, and is very much considered an icon alongside him.

A great scenario would be Tails with a bonus Shadow Echo to fully satisfy demand.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

As a huge Earthbound fan, the series should stay dead. It's fine as is.

I will gladly accept a Mother 3 port though, hopefully before I'm 85.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Amy would be a dream come true for me. I can't say much for her chances, but I'd give her about a 1% chance of getting in. Amy or Cream are probably my most wanted at this point, but Tails seems more likely to be the next Sonic rep (if we ever get a second one)

Last edited:

Foulds

Smash Cadet

that's a tough poll to vote on. I don't think I'd even be able to choose between f-zero and earthbound.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
True, although I do want to see what usefulness double arrows with Link could have in the long run. I'm just gonna use all three, because why not (I stuck with both Link/TL as SSB4 mains), but I'll primarily go Link.
Yeah, the double arrow system on (standard) Link looks pretty neat. I really wanna see how it could be utilized with competitive play seeing how those players always figure out cool ways to use it to their advantage.
I've actually always been a Toon Link person because he's like small and fast Link, but since Young Link is here and seems similar to that, I'd love to try him out as he looks like a nice inbetween type Link.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna make a bold claim and say that earthbound is gonna trample Banjo. An even bigger claim that this means nothing.
WHAT?! An award show where nothing happens to the winner and the whole thing is ultimately pointless? Balderdash, I tell you.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
They probably won't be too hot.

They require you to fire an arrow on a piece of land that's at least a 1/4 of fd away, for you to run up, pick it up, and then fire an arrow while still holding the arrow.

Seems like way too many steps for not enough reward.

D

Deleted member

As a huge Earthbound fan, the series should stay dead. It's fine as is.
The Mother series concluded beautifully. Don't resurrect it only to screw it all up, please.
Did you guys forget about Mother 4? It came out a few years ago, and the creator of that is currently working on Mother 5.

Really, Mother/EarthBound shouldn't be on this list at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom