• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Huh, less than 16 days to go. I actually lost track of time for a bit, but we're really that close. I'll try to stay calm until then.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
With regards to Touhou content being in Smash, it's a plausible idea, but I wonder how the rights management would play out, given that ZUN's a one-man team. Maybe it'd be easier than acquiring more Square Enix content But I think what might be a bit of a roadblock for 2hu in Smash would probably be how the series is largely based on PC, and only recently expanded to consoles, mostly through fan-games rather than the games that ZUN and the PS4 ports of Urban Legend in Limbo

That said, it probably would be interesting to see. I could imagine a Touhou pass would include Reimu, Scarlet Devil Mansion or the Hakurei Shrine as the stage and plenty of memorable songs. I'd take 2hu content over Steve any dang day. And if it turned out Steve was a red herring all along, my reaction would be Tidus' Laugh. Good bye and good-riddance blockhead.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Zelda is today's fighter, and Pac-Land is today's stage, by the way.

:ultzelda:
Today's Fighter
#17: Zelda
You might recognize Zelda's look from The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds game. In battle she uses magical moves to reflect and teleport, and for her Final Smash, she seals her opponents away in the Triforce of Wisdom. If an opponent has 100% damage or more, they will be instantly KO'd!

PAC-LAND

Today's Stage
PAC-LAND
This is an auto-scrolling stage where the scene continuously changes. There are also a few hidden features from the original arcade version of PAC-LAND, so try to find them!
I still wish Pac-Maze returned instead...but atleast we get to keep the Pac-Songs

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Is anyone really excited for all the revamped stages from old games?

I take one look at what Fourside looks like now and oh, oh....

The lighting, the ambiance, the moonlight, it just perfectly captures the mood of a city at night that I love so much.

Noipoi

Howdy!

The lighting, the ambiance, the moonlight, it just perfectly captures the mood of a city at night that I love so much.
All the stages in this game look beautiful. Except Pac-Land, but that was intentional.

Iridium

Smash Hero

I'm most excited for the revamped Hyrule Castle and Temple for sure. Ironically the stages that would probably get slapped with a ban first in tournaments. Suzaku Castle is also a treat to see.

D

Deleted member

I got the Smash edition of Switch, so I don't have any games on it yet. What games should I ask for for Christmas?
Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild are basically must-haves.
Outside of those Binding of Isaac, Hollow Knight, Xenoblade 2 (putting aside my personal distaste for it), Mario Kart, Bayonetta and Splatoon 2 are all solid choices too.

I'm so glad we got Fourside back, it's one of my favorite Melee stages for casual play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Why's everyone overreacting to the Fortnite post? Did I miss a meme or something?
I don't know, but I need some popcorn to kick back and relax. This is the type of meme-like response to the meme status of it, pretty much.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Kongo Falls is perfect. Looks amazing with how the waterfalls look.

I got pretty much all the Melee stages I wanted back (Sans Mute City) so I am pretty hyped for those in general.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
uh..??? between Upsmash and ftilt... why do you need to use ike's Fsmash again?
When I'm at that juicy point where an enemy is left wide open and I want to do some serious damage, but don't wanna rely on a move that will finish only after I have entered a retirement home or use a move that I coulda used to punish just about anything else.

Seriously, a simple one handed chop will suit me fine. Better than Black Knight slow-ass heave and smash.

Helps that it's an actual move Ike does all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom