• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The existence of a Samurai Shodown game for one.
I hate just saying "oh, they got lucky", but honestly, if that's all they have, that's seriously not all that impressive. Samurai Shodown is not a hard guess. It's at least something though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Some people don’t like Mortal Kombat.
Dislike =/= Hate

Violence will be toned down to levels people won't approve of. Easy job.
Nintendo's already been doing that with MK on the SNES, they should expect it to be toned down for E10+. You don't see Bayo going nude in this game.

You'll likely see snow falling in Hell before we ever see Scorpion in Smash.
Which is why nobody would expect it.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Okay gonna change the subject for a minute. Anyone think that with this being the most complete smash game to date, that the mod scene may be even bigger than before? Like we all know Project M brought a VERY decent Mewtwo and Roy back into the fold. Project M's team also got really close to finishing Knuckles, Lyn and Isaac for the game too.

Brawl mods in general honestly were pretty extensive, and even got pretty good versions of people's most wanted's, like Geno: https://youtu.be/H_iBg3gO9Ck

The reason why I'm asking is because many of these characters (Lyn, Isaac, Shadow, Knuckles, Skull Kid, Waluigi, etc) all have actual models that could be used as textures for eventual characters. Not sure how feasible it'll be since Smash 4 wasnt as heavily modded (possibly due to not being physically able to do so properly).

Just figured that if DLC obviously doesn't satisfy everyone, Mods can be a good alternative to getting characters if they are well done.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Dislike =/= Hate
This is the Smash fandom we're talking about, even disinterest will be converted into hate on the basis of "it's not *insert character here*".
Let’s be honest, how many people would defend Katalina’s inclusion anyway?
I mean if she has a cool moveset I won't complain, I'll just be very confused.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I hate just saying "oh, they got lucky", but honestly, if that's all they have, that's seriously not all that impressive. Samurai Shodown is not a hard guess. It's at least something though.
He also leaked the Switch Pro though some of the specs were wrong.
Also said Park Ranger 17 was in FighterZ.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
*clicks tongue* nice
Globox as an echo makes no sense. They would have to make completely new animations for him since Globox has limbs, as well as a completely different body shape. Sakurai commented on how Isabelle couldn't be an echo of Villager because of their different body shapes.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Everyone's getting mad at the idea of Katalina while I'm sitting here thinking she could be kind of cool.

No Nintendo franchise appearances probably kills the idea, though.
There's a Granblue character in Dragalia so she could show up there.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
He also leaked the Switch Pro though some of the specs were wrong.
Also said Park Ranger 17 was in FighterZ.
Hm. Those are something, though both could still be guesses, especially Park Ranger 17. I think everyone already guessed they would go with that design to better differentiate him from his assist counterpart.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Is GTA a big hit in Japan? I'm pretty curious actually.
GTA V was a big hit. It has since died down as most things do. I haven’t checked but I still think kids like playing it. It’s (was) popular between 5th grade to high school age.

NineS

Smash Lord
What quote? Also, again, don't take Hitagi's word as gospel, they've literally had no track record so far. Verge only said that they share a source. This reminds me too much of LoZ18, except Hitagi doesn't even have anything lending them credibility yet.
You've been a bit out of the loop recently, huh?
Vergeben posted this about their history https://imgtc.com/i/L7erVBz.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A Switch Pro actually makes a lot of sense. The console generation is coming to an end, and the Switch is still behind. If they want to stay in the next generation, a Switch Pro could help flock more third parties throughout the next one.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hm. Those are something, though both could still be guesses, especially Park Ranger 17. I think everyone already guessed they would go with that design to better differentiate him from his assist counterpart.
Falling into the pitfall of "well he was just guessing" is a dangerous pitfall.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
GTA V was a big hit. It has since died down as most things do. I haven’t checked but I still think kids like playing it. It’s (was) popular between 5th grade to high school age.
Thanks based Japan resident.

Oh man, I remember when that meme was funny.
Time flies fast when you're ****posting on Smashboards.
Dude you weren't even on the website when it was popular.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would love Dragon Quest stuff too.

Anything without the name of “Madden Player” or “Atari Sports” connected to it is always welcomed in my house.
I would certainly like DQ stuff too, especially if they go with a secondary character.

Not THAT good. More so decent.
Hornyness from the creator definitely took away from the show, however.

Oh you know I am!
Reminder that the light novel has the most poorly-written sex scene ever.

Katalina seems to me the key factor in determining how much choice Sakurai really has here, particularly with 3rd parties that probably have deals made outside of his control. Maybe we put him on too great a pedestal, but I absolutely can't see him wanting to charge players worldwide for a character originating from a Japan-centric gacha mobile game. But I can see Nintendo corporate interests wanting to strike up a good relationship with Cygames after Dragalia to boost their mobile plans.
At this stage, she's Schrodinger's Katalina; both in and not in as DLC.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Will there ever be a video game character that everyone universally hates the idea of being in Smash?
No, because everyone has different tastes, and there are a a non-zero amount of people that will take anything at all, with open arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom