• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Idk, I feel like there's enough history of Nintendo being stupid that Katalina is within the realm of possibility.

• Would Nintendo be dumb enough to have a paid online service with no dedicated gaming servers?
  • Would Nintendo be dumb enough to make a console called the Wii U, which would make consumers confused if it was an upgrade to the Wii or a new console?
  • Would Nintendo be dumb enough to make a board game out of Animal Crossing designed solely around RNG?
  • Would Nintendo be dumb enough to make a sequel to Color Splash?
  • Would Nintendo be dumb enough to lock voice chat behind an app for their newest console when the past console had voice chat natively built into the system?
  • Would Nintendo be dumb enough to bring back the friend code system despite having a separate account system from last gen that still connects with the new console?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then the question "Would Nintendo be dumb enough to put a Japanese exclusive mobile character into their cross-over fighting game?" is really not far out of reach.
  • Fair.
  • Using the same brand name wasn't a problem for many.
  • Amiibos were a mistake.
  • Maybe it was sales.
  • Fair.
  • Fair.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Miis always had untapped potential. Ever see ZeRo's tiny mii brawler with that helicopter kick recovery? **** is actually broken.
I don't think sizes are being accounted for this game.

What if Hitagi is fake, but SIKE we’re getting Katakina anyway.
Okay but how will we know Hitagi was lying if Katalina is real? He could just, y'know, play it off because it can't be proven wrong.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I see Mii Fighter's been packing that Ora Ora for his final smashes now.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I really wonder what Hitagi means by "lesser known games, like Marth and Roy in Melee". Is she specifically referring to some of the names for the SE rep there, or the DLC characters in general? Because then maybe someone like Travis has a chance, idk

D

Deleted member

I don't think sizes are being accounted for this game.

Okay but how will we know Hitagi was lying if Katalina is real? He could just, y'know, play it off because it can't be proven wrong.
Steve is the one character Hitagi is sure of, so if he doesn’t get in that’s that.

D

Deleted member

Everyone's getting mad at the idea of Katalina while I'm sitting here thinking she could be kind of cool.

No Nintendo franchise appearances probably kills the idea, though.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I really wonder what Hitagi means by "lesser known games, like Marth and Roy in Melee". Is she specifically referring to some of the names for the SE rep there, or the DLC characters in general? Because then maybe someone like Travis has a chance, idk
I think he's referring to the SE rep, which is interesting. It doesn't mean a thing if Square's throwing out names both big and small, but I guess it's nice to think the smaller franchises are/were getting thrown around internally.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
No Nintendo franchise appearances probably kills the idea, though.
Where are people getting this idea from, anyways? I mean, I can see Nintendo bringing guests, I can see them abusing the guests market, but not bringing stuff of their own?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bethesda rep comes out and it turns out it's the protagonist for Elder Scrolls VI

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh hey, the Mii fighters have a new victory theme.

Just play him, really. I wanna get some thoughts about how he handles.
Also win, if you can. I wanna know his victory animations.
Okey Dokey

Also, first Best Buy didn’t have the demo. RIP
04597306-E5AB-4D7F-AB5A-09D44BF62DF3.jpeg

Last edited:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Whew, I go away from the forums to work on a project in ZBrush and the thread grows a few pages. Man, you guys post fast. Are we gonna get another Skyrim remaster for its 7th anniversary? jk jk

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Where are people getting this idea from, anyways? I mean, I can see Nintendo bringing guests, I can see them abusing the guests market, but not bringing stuff of their own?
A redditer said Nintendo and Cygames are negotiating to put in a Granblue character. Verge has said that they have legit sources but Verge himself has not heard anything about it and does not currently support it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There is one character nobody would ever expect, but I believe it'll get universal approval.

Name one reason why people would hate it.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
A redditer said Nintendo and Cygames are negotiating to put in a Granblue character. Verge has said that they have legit sources but Verge himself has not heard anything about it and does not currently support it.
I wasn't talking about the Cygames stuff, I was referring to the "no Nintendo franchises" comment.

Iridium

Smash Hero
There is one character nobody would ever expect, but I believe it'll get universal approval.

Name one reason why people would hate it.
I wouldn't complain. This franchise crossing over to Smash would be hilarious more than anything.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hitagi said "possibly" to Verge's quote about Geno meaning he is deconfirmed.

Hm.
What quote? Also, again, don't take Hitagi's word as gospel, they've literally had no track record so far. Verge only said that they share a source. This reminds me too much of LoZ18, except Hitagi doesn't even have anything lending them credibility yet.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
What quote? Also, again, don't take Hitagi's word as gospel, they've literally had no track record so far. Verge only said that they share a source. This reminds me too much of LoZ18, except Hitagi doesn't even have anything lending them credibility yet.
Vergeben stating his opinion that Squenix may not take leaks with Geno as seriously because everyone requests him, though that doesn't mean he's not on his list.

Hitagi has a track record, just not a Smash one.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Vergeben stating his opinion that Squenix may not take leaks with Geno as seriously because everyone requests him, though that doesn't mean he's not on his list.

Hitagi has a track record, just not a Smash one.
What have they gotten right exactly? Honest question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom