• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Being honest here, I'd take a Fortnite character over Katalina. It legit sounds like something that could be unique. Building platforms and walls as well as the countless traps and weapons at their disposal makes them something that would be much more unique and cool than an anime ice swordsman.

D

Deleted member

If this turns out to be the case, then boy I hope the Squeenix and Namco rep are good because hoooooly **** I am not a fan of this selection.
My predictions are Sora and Lloyd
My hopes are Geno and Agumon

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Nah, they were all trapped in another dimension.

That time the Ganglari exploded? It was a Sunday and everyone was out of town, the blast also sent Mikoto to another dimension.

Corrin should really rescue her at some point.
they all got sent to dairy queen for hot eats and cool treats

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think it would be a bit of an Isabelle situation.

More of a "Oh yeah, it makes sense that it's in Smash" than anything. Kinda the same boat as Monster Hunter I'd say.
For the record, I was certain she'd show up as unique.

There are few gaming characters whose existence in a leak can make me doubt said leak no matter the credibility.

Katalina is one of them.

Japan-exclusive. Would be DLC. Mobile game with absolutely no Nintendo history (I don't mean the company I mean the game). Not even the main character of said game. Has competition in numerous forms such as Fate. Literally never asked for.

Would Nintendo be dumb enough to go for it?
I mean, regarding that one, it's nothing but hearsay so far. Sure, talks are supposedly going well, but who's to say they won't ultimately change their minds at the end?

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
There are few gaming characters whose existence in a leak can make me doubt said leak no matter the credibility.

Katalina is one of them.

Japan-exclusive. Would be DLC. Mobile game with absolutely no Nintendo history (I don't mean the company I mean the game). Not even the main character of said game. Has competition in numerous forms such as Fate. Literally never asked for.

To be fair, Nintendo did accidentally leak the remaining amount of newcomers through a box, so I'd say yeah, but I'm not entirely sold on Katalina.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Being honest here, I'd take a Fortnite character over Katalina. It legit sounds like something that could be unique. Building platforms and walls as well as the countless traps and weapons at their disposal makes them something that would be much more unique and cool than an anime ice swordsman.
Plus it's a known fact that Reggie loves Fortnite.

Battle Bus confirmed.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd much prefer Fortnite content over Katalina for one reason.

Sakurai seems interested in stuff with worldwide appeal.

Granblue? You ain't got that.

Fortnite? You got that.

I mean I don't even like Fortnite, but let's be real. It being in Smash feels and seems much more realistic than ''Girl from cellphone game that's really only popular in Japan."

''Only popular in Japan" hasn't happened since Marth.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
GAME: EVERYONE IS HERE
You have 6 DLC picks to make.
2 picks for each company.
What are your choices?

BamcoEnixSega.jpg

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Battle Bus would be a great stage though. Even without enjoying Fortnite? I kinda want it as a stage.

Imagine a bunch of Fortnite players dropping from it as you fight on top of it.

Towers are building in the background and ****.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
GAME: EVERYONE IS HERE
You have 6 DLC picks to make.
2 picks for each company.
What are your choices?

View attachment 177288
Glad to have you back Graizen.

Squenix: GENO and Sora. Geno is obvious as to why, because well, I'm LTP, and Sora for my fellas like tehponycorn, Nekoo, and an IRL best friend.
Namco: Heihachi and Siegfried. I have no investment in any of these choices to any real degree except those two. I'd enjoy the Prince though.
Sega: Tails and Eggman. Of course.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Unless you're talking about Birthright, where Corrin gets super xenophobic in that version.
which is funny because Hoshido was meant to be the light and nohr the dark but turns out the nohr siblings were better the the hoshido siblings
Double the fact Nohr daddy was possessed and noooot actually evil like Hoshido thought lol

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

Katalina is one of them.

I believe they are. Having Katalina in the leak is what makes me believe it. It sounds so absolutely terrible that I can't believe he made it up.
I'm almost willing to go that far, but I really don't want fortnite in smash lol

D

Deleted member

I believe they are. Having Katalina in the leak is what makes me believe it. It sounds so absolutely terrible that I can't believe he made it up.

I'm almost willing to go that far, but I really don't want fortnite in smash lol
I made up Madden Player.
So it can still be fake, wether it sounds awful or not.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

If he's, well, a weeb, judging by his username, then he's most likely aware of Katalina and may just be a big fan of her and wanted to stir up some discussion about her.

D

Deleted member

The moment you show more emotion than a box you are considered as having a personality. Doesn't mean much, but still.
I mean, I guess incessant whining is technically showing emotion, but...

TBH my biggest problem with them was all of their supports being only one of these two scenarios:

Corrin: hi
Unit: Ohmahgersh I hate you you suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!
Corrin: k

*Later*

Unit: Ohmahgersh hiiiiiiiii best friend! Did you know you're greatest human being in exsistance?
Corrin: nice.

*If Unit is romancable*

Corrin: hi wanna make babies
Unit: k sure
Corrin: nice

Unit: I WORSHIP YOU

*If unit is romancable*

Corrin: hi-
Unit: I WANNA HAVE YOUR BABIES

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I'll honestly take Katalina over Fortnite. I mean, I really won't complain about promotional characters since Nintendo will be honest about it. That and that I won't have to hear another "everyone will be fanservice" comment from higher ups. Yet still, if I were to choose between promotional characters, I'd choose the one that could at least offer something new or interesting, and we don't really have many cryomancers outside of the Ice Climbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom