• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
"Leak all these characters which could legit put your entire career and life in danger BECAUSE I WANT THE ARGUMENTS TO END!!!"
But seriously though, things would be less tense if they didn't even say anything. The box period was bad enough about this.

At least we still got less than a month before the game drops.

But more importantly, for this place:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I can't wait for PP and the other 5 DLC characters have been added to the Smash Ultimate banner.

I'm going to get it professionally printed and hang it in my house. My girlfriend probably wont like it but oh well, she has a picture of her sports team hanging. I can argue that this is like my 'team' lol.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
still not a good choice. theres a difference between being a choice and being a good choice

i don't want any more generic avatar characters in smash. inkling and villager have reason but after both corrin and robin and wii fit trainer and the miis i am done and just want actual characters that are characters in the game, not generic advertisements
Wii Fit Trainer isn't an avatar character though. And Robin and Corrin aren't just "Generic avatar characters" like Villager and Miis. They actually have personality in their games. (Though in Corrin's case it could've been better.)

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
People REALLY need to get over their vendettas against certain series getting more characters, or getting a character in general.

Smash is not about you. It's not about us. It's not about Smashboards, or the Smash Community, or Nintendo fans. It's for EVERYONE. I know that's cheesy as hell, but I mean it. If Sakurai wants to add Steve, guess what, there are people out there who will be happy. If he wants to add more Fire Emblem, there are people out there who will be happy. If he were to ever change his mind about Manga characters, you BET people would be happy. Not everyone, but back vocal sum. There is a reason we don't get a final say in these things: because then the roster would be stagnant , predictable, and, frankly, boring.

It's just not cool to get upset about people enjoying things you don't. Yes, even Minecraft.
Honestly, even though I strongly want Banjo to be the Microsoft rep, Smashboards has convinced me that Steve probably could be one of the most fun characters added to the game, on the account of how different he is.

D

Deleted member

People REALLY need to get over their vendettas against certain series getting more characters, or getting a character in general.

Smash is not about you. It's not about us. It's not about Smashboards, or the Smash Community, or Nintendo fans. It's for EVERYONE. I know that's cheesy as hell, but I mean it. If Sakurai wants to add Steve, guess what, there are people out there who will be happy. If he wants to add more Fire Emblem, there are people out there who will be happy. There is a reason we don't get a final say in these things: because then the roster would be stagnant , predictable, and, frankly, boring.

It's just not cool to get upset about people enjoying things you don't. Yes, even Minecraft.
This, this and this.
A franchise isn’t doomed just for being outside of Smash.

If that was true, we wouldn’t get games from Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games, Vicarious Visions or any other company that doesn’t have reps in Smash.

If you don’t get your character in, there are still mods and fangames to see them join in any form.

You can try to campaign for it while you can, but Smash isn’t something that decides the fate of any videogame franchise.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah actually

That means first order of business is crucifying you.
Then know I died for everyone's speculating sins, even for all the grinches and textposters.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So basically you're saying I'll be a messiah? :seuss:
Guess so, can’t even imagine how angry the Banjo-Kazooie community will be and how many people will sh** on said community for being disappointed.

Still dunno why Minecraft’s sales and legacy is somehow a free pass for Smash inclusion, if it was an Nintendo IP it’d be a whole different story but it’s still just an Indie 3rd Party series.

GTA is a best selling game franchise but that doesn’t have for be in either.

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
In an alternate timeline Pokemon and FE would have been better balanced in terms of representation.

Scizor, Gardevoir and Zoroark are all great picks for Gen 2,3 and 5. Though I'm not sure I could ever give up any of the Gen 1 choices we have (but Pichu is meh as a Gen 2 rep, not bad just meh). Interestingly enough, all are actual pokeball items.

Hector, Ephraim and Alm/Celica are all great choices for unrepresented FE games (though Lyn is present).
>Gardevoir as Gen III rep
>Sceptile exists

How dare you

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Wii Fit Trainer isn't an avatar character though. And Robin and Corrin aren't just "Generic avatar characters" like Villager and Miis. They actually have personality in their games. (Though in Corrin's case it could've been better.)
Corrin's personality breaks me.
"N-NO THERE CAN'T BE ANY MURDER NO!!!"
slaughters hundreds of mooks

"...no i can't kill you il be just like you..."

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Smash is not about you. It's not about us. It's not about Smashboards, or the Smash Community, or Nintendo fans. It's for EVERYONE. I know that's cheesy as hell, but I mean it. If Sakurai wants to add Steve, guess what, there are people out there who will be happy. If he wants to add more Fire Emblem, there are people out there who will be happy. If he were to ever change his mind about Manga characters, you BET people would be happy. Not everyone, but back vocal sum. There is a reason we don't get a final say in these things: because then the roster would be stagnant , predictable, and, frankly, boring.

Does it mean I can asks for Goku? :bobomb:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Guess so, can’t even imagine how angry the Banjo-Kazooie community will be and how many people will sh** on said community for being disappointed.

Still dunno why Minecraft’s sales and legacy is somehow a free pass for Smash inclusion, GTA is a best selling game franchise but that doesn’t have for be in either.
Is GTA a big hit in Japan? I'm pretty curious actually.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Well put. This reminds me, maybe I oughta write a Ten Commandments of Smash, not just for fun but as a reminder to hype responsibly. :p

D

Deleted member

Smash is not about you. It's not about us. It's not about Smashboards, or the Smash Community, or Nintendo fans. It's for EVERYONE. I know that's cheesy as hell, but I mean it. If Sakurai wants to add Steve, guess what, there are people out there who will be happy. If he wants to add more Fire Emblem, there are people out there who will be happy. There is a reason we don't get a final say in these things: because then Smash would be stagnant.

I agree. Personal preferences are fine, but let's be civil and not attack others for liking things we don't like, please.

In example, I wasn't happy to see Ken or Chrom. I don't like Ken as a character and I thought Chrom was a disappointing Echo choice, but that is simply my own personal preference. Lots of people were super happy and hyped for those two, and that's awesome! I'm happy people got something that made them happy. There's no need to force our tastes onto others: Let's agree to disagree and let people like what they like. After all, it's just a video game. It's nothing to get bent out of shape about. :p

D

Deleted member

See, I agree with the last line and bulk of your post but not the first line. In my opinion, it’s perfectly fine to not like certain series and not want them in smash, or to not want certain series to get more characters. Where it becomes a bit of an issue is when people insult others for their opinion.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
What about Bandana Dee? Not only did it survive the Deconfirmation Bomb, but it's biggest argument against it (Hat Goomba) got knocked down.
It was the biggest because it was the most ignorant and getting on BWD hate bandwagons are huge now.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Will Will
Doubt it, it seems to be more suited towards the stereotypical “edgy” American demographic of violence and swearing.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Steve would barely even be an advertisement character. His spot is well deserved already. If people want to complain about advertisements, then look at Katalina or a new FE character. Minecraft is a game well deserving of representation in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Y'all are sleeping on the TRUE Gen III Rep:

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Corrin's personality breaks me.
"N-NO THERE CAN'T BE ANY MURDER NO!!!"
slaughters hundreds of mooks

"...no i can't kill you I'll be just like you..."
If you're talking about Conquest, I thought it was established that Corrin was incapacitating his enemies in that version.

Unless you're talking about Birthright, where Corrin gets super xenophobic in that version.

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace
I understand that some people hate and doesn't want Steve and Alex for Smash but I think that's totally normal that they get their place in the game.
Imo Minecraft is probably the game of the decade, before moronsoft buys mojang, minecraft was the king of indie games and the game is on multiple nintendo consoles (wii u, new3ds, switch). And I know that they don't have that much personality but ROB and Game & Watch doesn't have so much too. (I feel that this last sentence wasn't really english so correct me please xD )

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
If you're talking about Conquest, I thought it was established that Corrin was incapacitating his enemies in that version.

Unless you're talking about Birthright, where Corrin gets super xenophobic in that version.
Meant Conquest. Memory's fuzzy haven't played for some years.
Doesn't explain Revelations tho.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Yeah sure, all those people he cut with his flaming chainsaw sword or mauled with his dragon spike, or exploded with his dragon breath are all just unconscious and totally not dead.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
I mean... people say Minecraft is well deserving to be in Smash, and maybe they're right. But did anyone ever even think about it if it wasn't for Vergeben?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom