• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
when they were talking about Smash for 3DS being more customizable than the Wii U version, I was thinking about how the 3DS had customizable Robin, Animal Crossing character, and Pokemon Trainer, so I was really hopeful for that feature back then (perhaps foolishly so), but there ought to at least be a wide variety in the palette swaps for Steve?? since that's like the big big thing about him????
With 8 alts it'll be interesting to see.
Love the HNK sig also. My fav is Antarc.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
People in general like underdog stories. He was a character who lots of people wanted in 4 who got denied so hard he became a meme, so to see him actually, prophetically, "get [his] chance another day" was a neat little moment at worst, and a call for celebration at best.

It's pretty much the same way I saw Ridley. I'm not a Metroid fan in the slightest, but man was I happy to see him defy the odds.
It's a great feeling to have, take it from me. :ultkrool:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
steve is either going to be boring or overpowered and yall are gonna hate him no matter what

D

Deleted member

Elma fans during the Final Smash Direct:

After the spirit/AT showcase, and Rex seemingly not going to be DLC for a while, Elma is the luckiest character running.
Include Crash, Spyro, Medievil and Marvel fans too.

LetterO

Smash Lord

After the spirit/AT showcase, and Rex seemingly not going to be DLC for a while...

Elma fans are truly the luckiest for now.
What about Bandana Dee? Not only did it survive the Deconfirmation Bomb, but it's biggest argument against it (Hat Goomba) got knocked down.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Medievil and Marvel fans survived the Smash Direct massacre.

Because Crash was on the Wave 2 DLC zone, and the others didn’t have anything to run from.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Shadow and Isaac fans except they couldn't run forever
What about Bandana Dee? Not only did it survive the Deconfirmation Bomb, but it's biggest argument against it (Hat Goomba) got knocked down.
Oh yeah, the BWD fans are definitely still running.

And now you gave me the mental image of BWD outrunning that laser black hole. :p

Last edited:

Bee Card

Smash Ace

After the spirit/AT showcase, and Rex seemingly not going to be DLC for a while...

Elma fans just barely survived.
She's the only one I like from Xenoblade, when Sakurai disconfirmed Rex I was like : :shades:

D

Deleted member

steve is either going to be boring or overpowered and yall are gonna hate him no matter what
Nah man, Steve would be cool. Crafting, building mechanics, and even enemy summoning with Spawn Eggs would be really neat.

Steve would instantly jump into my top 5 characters in Smash if he got announced. I'd probably main him.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Nah man, Steve would be cool. Crafting, building mechanics, and even enemy summoning with Spawn Eggs would be really neat.

Steve would instantly jump into my top 5 characters in Smash if he got announced. I'd probably main him.
you literally cannot change my mind on him being awful because he is going to be

there will never be a reality where steve is a good choice for smash bros

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
no you wont, he's gonna be marth tier boring
Assuming building stuff is in his moveset if he gets in, just wait for the compilations of players being disrespectful in tournaments by building pointless things in the middle of the match as a more artistic version of a taunt.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
when they were talking about Smash for 3DS being more customizable than the Wii U version, I was thinking about how the 3DS had customizable Robin, Animal Crossing character, and Pokemon Trainer, so I was really hopeful for that feature back then (perhaps foolishly so), but there ought to at least be a wide variety in the palette swaps for Steve?? since that's like the big big thing about him????
I can actually see Steve getting a few interesting outfits. He'd probably get Alex along with his default, but I wouldn't be shocked if he got some of the armors from in game as alts.

...or - can you imagine if the did get the Banjo or Master Chief outfits? Sakurai's like "Here, you can get* those characters you want!"
*as a costume for Steve

People would be equally celebrating and rioting in the streets.

D

Deleted member

-Rex: Man, i got affected by the Spirit massacre. Did it affect any of you?

*Fortesque, Spyro, Crash and Johny Storm try to not laught*
-Crash: pal, i am on the Wave 2 DLC zone, so i have hope.
-Spyro: I may come after Crash, who knows?
-Fortesque: *with a bit of gibberish* I am from Sony, so i didn’t have to worry at all.
-Johny Storm: Not only is it impossible for me to join, but i am celebrating the fact that i am finally free for Fox.

-Rex: *smiling a bit*yeah, i guess that there’s life outside of Smash.

-Spyro: and even then, you still have that friend of yours, Elma i think, with high chances.

-Rex: *gets off the chair*It is true! Maybe i should support her.

-Johny Storm: *puts a hand on Rex’s shoulder* Friend... Go for it.

D

Deleted member

you literally cannot change my mind on him being awful because he is going to be

there will never be a reality where steve is a good choice for smash bros
Opinions are neat. You're entitled to yours.

But that doesn't make Steve objectively bad.

So...

Not really sure what you're trying to accomplish besides getting attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom