• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Wow, I can't believe that even I'm starting to accept the idea of Steve in Smash. Bizarre.
Also if Littlest Pet Shop were a game franchise y'all would be on my side for Zoe in Smash wouldn't ya

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Except there is, and we're living in it :)
still not a good choice. theres a difference between being a choice and being a good choice

i don't want any more generic avatar characters in smash. inkling and villager have reason but after both corrin and robin and wii fit trainer and the miis i am done and just want actual characters that are characters in the game, not generic advertisements

Bee Card

Smash Ace
What about Bandana Dee? Not only did it survive the Deconfirmation Bomb, but it's biggest argument against it (Hat Goomba) got knocked down.
And that wasn't an argument if you want my opinion. It's like saying Mario can't be in the game cause he's an human among others humans.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Man, thanks for reminding me how much I'm going to miss Stage Builder... :(
Apologies.

Also, cool sig, did you do those sprites yourself?

And that wasn't an argument if you want my opinion. It's like saying Mario can't be in the game cause he's an human among others humans.
It was mostly Eren saying that anyways.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I understand the Mahvel now, thank you for enlightening me my friends

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
still not a good choice. theres a difference between being a choice and being a good choice

i don't want any more generic avatar characters in smash. inkling and villager have reason but after both corrin and robin and wii fit trainer and the miis i am done and just want actual characters that are characters in the game, not generic advertisements
You know Robin and Corrin have established character traits and personalities, right? Literally the only things you can change are their gender, builds and hair, and names.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Unfortunately, it's still a good choice

D

Deleted member

All this avatar talk is making me interested on watching that cartoon of the same name again.

D

Deleted member

Except Smash itself is one giant advertisement.

Literally every character is an advertisement for games and characters that have been present on Nintendo systems.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
So... Sakurai reaffirmed that manga characters can't be in Smash? I guess that rules out Goku.
The pool of potential characters gets ever narrower, but my guy is still in...

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
You know Robin and Corrin have established character traits and personalities, right? Literally the only things you can change are their gender, builds and hair, and names.
It's exactly why Robin is one million times better than Corrin.

Corrin is a dumb dumb idiot and arguably one of the worst FE protagonists.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For :ultrosalina:, :ultpalutena: and even :ultganondorf:'s sake, Verge, Hitagi, other leakers, whomever, just stop lingering and hogging glory, reveal the characters already, I don't care if you get sued in the process, I just want these endless arguments to just end already.

Thanks! And no I did not, I'm not that artistic haha. But here's the pic I got them from:
Thanks, the Wario one in particular is just perfect.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
For :ultrosalina:, :ultpalutena: and even :ultganondorf:'s sake, Verge, Hitagi, other leakers, whomever, just stop lingering and hogging glory, reveal the characters already, I don't care if you get sued in the process, I just want these endless arguments to just end already.

"Leak all these characters which could legit put your entire career and life in danger BECAUSE I WANT THE ARGUMENTS TO END!!!"

D

Deleted member

The Metroid ones are dope too.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
There are a few ways I’ll warm up to Steve’s possible inclusion.
-He gets the Smash cast as alternate skins (:ultmario::ultdk::ultpikachu: etc)
-The Minecraft tool menu is incorporated into his moveset
-Sakurai somehow finds a way to not make his movesets look hella awkward and janky since 3rd Parties are meant to be as faithful to their sources as possible.

I think my real issue with Steve is how many people will arrogantly claim how he was an obvious lock
all along, how Banjo was irrelevant and never had a chance.

I know some Banjo fans act that way too, but it’s usually only to prove detractors wrong.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
People REALLY need to get over their vendettas against certain series getting more characters, or getting a character in general.

Smash is not about you. It's not about us. It's not about Smashboards, or the Smash Community, or Nintendo fans. It's for EVERYONE. I know that's cheesy as hell, but I mean it. If Sakurai wants to add Steve, guess what, there are people out there who will be happy. If he wants to add more Fire Emblem, there are people out there who will be happy. If he were to ever change his mind about Manga characters, you BET people would be happy. Not everyone, but back vocal sum. There is a reason we don't get a final say in these things: because then the roster would be stagnant , predictable, and, frankly, boring.

It's just not cool to get upset about people enjoying things you don't. Yes, even Minecraft.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

People REALLY need to get over their vendettas against certain series getting more characters, or getting a character in general.

Smash is not about you. It's not about us. It's not about Smashboards, or the Smash Community, or Nintendo fans. It's for EVERYONE. I know that's cheesy as hell, but I mean it. If Sakurai wants to add Steve, guess what, there are people out there who will be happy. If he wants to add more Fire Emblem, there are people out there who will be happy. There is a reason we don't get a final say in these things: because then Smash would be stagnant.

It's just not cool to get upset about people enjoying things you don't. Yes, even Minecraft.
Well said, my friend. Well said indeed.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
In an alternate timeline Pokemon and FE would have been better balanced in terms of representation.

Scizor, Gardevoir and Zoroark are all great picks for Gen 2,3 and 5. Though I'm not sure I could ever give up any of the Gen 1 choices we have (but Pichu is meh as a Gen 2 rep, not bad just meh). Interestingly enough, all are actual pokeball items.

Hector, Ephraim and Alm/Celica are all great choices for unrepresented FE games (though Lyn is present).

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Smash is not about you. It's not about us. It's not about Smashboards, or the Smash Community, or Nintendo fans. It's for EVERYONE. I know that's cheesy as hell, but I mean it. If Sakurai wants to add Steve, guess what, there are people out there who will be happy. If he wants to add more Fire Emblem, there are people out there who will be happy. There is a reason we don't get a final say in these things: because then Smash would be stagnant.

See it perplexes me as to why there's gotta be an "even" there. (totally agree btw Fenri just wanna make a point)

Minecraft helped paved the ways for indies as we know them. It's popularity is global. The effect it has had on the gaming landscape is immeasurable. It's been ported to practically every console. It's sold over 140 million copies.

...but it's cringe right guys? So don't put any MC content in ever.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think my real issue with Steve is how many people will arrogantly claim how he was an obvious lock
all along, how Banjo was irrelevant and never had a chance.
So basically you're saying I'll be a messiah? :seuss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom