• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
GAME: EVERYONE IS HERE
You have 6 DLC picks to make.
2 picks for each company.
What are your choices?

View attachment 177288
Builder ( thats builder, right?) and ..pff **** man, Idk, Id ratger have Ringebel but since he isnt there, Agnes

Literaly ses no one I want but ill pick Klonoa and.... Prince I ducking guess? *writes in Don-chan*

Billy and Samba

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Me: Oh, this Katalina chick looks cool, I gotta finish the Granblue Fantasy anime in case she hopefully gets in Smash : )
Everyone: Katalina is the devil, she beat me up, stole my lunch money and killed my family while insulting my entire bloodline

Guess I'll go **** myself

What are your choices?

View attachment 177288
First row: Zael, but I'm 99% sure he's not Square Enix, so Sora and Neku
Second row: KOS MOS and Lloyd
IDK about the third row to pick, but the ninja dude I guess, and monkey ball

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
What are your choices?

View attachment 177288
Square
  • Geno because it'd make a lot of people happy and his fans deserve a break
  • You already know who my other SE pick is
Namco
  • Chosen Undead for my Souls bias
  • Heihachi, since I'd be interested to see how they translate a Tekken moveset against the Street Fighter characters
Sega
  • Er... Tails, I guess?
  • Monkey Ball would be hilarious for the bewildered reactions alone, so sure

Noipoi

Howdy!
Me: Oh, this Katalina chick looks cool, I gotta finish the Granblue Fantasy anime in case she hopefully gets in Smash : )
Everyone: Katalina is the devil, she beat me up, stole my lunch money and killed my family while insulting my entire bloodline

Guess I'll go **** myself
Hey man, if you like Katalina that's fine. I'm just really not that cool with her.
If she gets in I won't throw a hissy fit, but she's probably going in my "only play if on random" pile.

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Yeah, Corrin's "WHY MUST REPLOIDS FIGHT?" shtick was a load of utter nonsense in Fire Emblem Warriors. Either put down the fiery chainsaw sword or shut up.

What are your choices?

View attachment 177288
2B and Sora.
Any combination of KOS-MOS, Jun Kazama and/or Nightmare.
Dr. Eggman and I guess Tails.

D

Deleted member

I'd love it, Akira Toriyama's art style makes me happy and i love it
I would love Dragon Quest stuff too.

Anything without the name of “Madden Player” or “Atari Sports” connected to it is always welcomed in my house.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Jesus, that side flurry and axe chop got major changes.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The only Granblue-related info they heard about is the fighting game by Arc Sys that Hitagi mentioned.
Verge himself is a leaker for many other games so yea he likely has heard about that as we know
But Smash is a different territory and I assume he'd have different sources
Said sources, who know about Microsoft content and a Squenix rep, know nothing of any Cygames content

MalcolmBelmont

Smash Journeyman
While i don't think Katalina is in Smash. Anyone else feel that it's not going to be Sora or Geno as the SE Rep?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm sure Katalina is a fine character. I agree she looks cool and all of that, but...

Money making wise?

Typical Smash decision wise?

None of adding her makes sense.

It literally reeks of almost impossible to be truth.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
There are few gaming characters whose existence in a leak can make me doubt said leak no matter the credibility.

Katalina is one of them.

Japan-exclusive. Would be DLC. Mobile game with absolutely no Nintendo history (I don't mean the company I mean the game). Not even the main character of said game. Has competition in numerous forms such as Fate. Literally never asked for.

Would Nintendo be dumb enough to go for it?
Idk, I feel like there's enough history of Nintendo being stupid that Katalina is within the realm of possibility.

• Would Nintendo be dumb enough to have a paid online service with no dedicated gaming servers?
  • Would Nintendo be dumb enough to make a console called the Wii U, which would make consumers confused if it was an upgrade to the Wii or a new console?
  • Would Nintendo be dumb enough to make a board game out of Animal Crossing designed solely around RNG?
  • Would Nintendo be dumb enough to make a sequel to Color Splash?
  • Would Nintendo be dumb enough to lock voice chat behind an app for their newest console when the past console had voice chat natively built into the system?
  • Would Nintendo be dumb enough to bring back the friend code system despite having a separate account system from last gen that still connects with the new console?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then the question "Would Nintendo be dumb enough to put a Japanese exclusive mobile character into their cross-over fighting game?" is really not far out of reach.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wait a second, I heard the spike noise.
SIDE FLURRY CAN SPIKE NOW?

Fellas I think the Miis have untapped potential.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Idk, I feel like there's enough history of Nintendo being stupid that Katalina is within the realm of possibility.

• Would Nintendo be dumb enough to have a paid online service with no dedicated gaming servers?
  • Would Nintendo be dumb enough to make a console called the Wii U, which would make consumers confused if it was an upgrade to the Wii or a new console?
  • Would Nintendo be dumb enough to make a board game out of Animal Crossing designed solely around RNG?
  • Would Nintendo be dumb enough to make a sequel to Color Splash?
  • Would Nintendo be dumb enough to lock voice chat behind an app for their newest console when the past console had voice chat natively built into the system?
  • Would Nintendo be dumb enough to bring back the friend code system despite having a separate account system from last gen that still connects with the new console?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then the question "Would Nintendo be dumb enough to put a Japanese exclusive mobile character into their cross-over fighting game?" is really not far out of reach.
I can't help but feel this is a bit different but I'm surely biased.

KMDP

Smash Legend
which is funny because Hoshido was meant to be the light and nohr the dark but turns out the nohr siblings were better the the hoshido siblings
Double the fact Nohr daddy was possed and noooot actually evil like Hoshido thought lol
I do like that dichotomy in Fates.

It's sort of like a yin-yang: Nohr's darkness is external, but they have an inner light, while Hoshido is the opposite.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm sure Katalina is a fine character. I agree she looks cool and all of that, but...

Money making wise?

Typical Smash decision wise?

None of adding her makes sense.

It literally reeks of almost impossible to be truth.
Katalina seems to me the key factor in determining how much choice Sakurai really has here, particularly with 3rd parties that probably have deals made outside of his control. Maybe we put him on too great a pedestal, but I absolutely can't see him wanting to charge players worldwide for a character originating from a Japan-centric gacha mobile game. But I can see Nintendo corporate interests wanting to strike up a good relationship with Cygames after Dragalia to boost their mobile plans.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Wait a second, I heard the spike noise.
SIDE FLURRY CAN SPIKE NOW?

Fellas I think the Miis have untapped potential.
Miis always had untapped potential. Ever see ZeRo's tiny mii brawler with that helicopter kick recovery? **** is actually broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom