• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
This may or may not be relevant to Smash, but it seems that Kirby Star Allies is getting a new epic update, and... everyone is here!
Sorry if this is off topic, but it's funny how they are using the same gimmick of the mural with the characters added at the end of the trailer, like Smash Ultimate XD
Also Magolor, Taranza and Susie seem to all have awesome movesets.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I would love some more third party characters, but I’d also be fine if most of the DLC was Nintendo characters if it meant we got some more MIA heavy hitters like Bandanna Waddle Dee or Dixie Kong
I think it bodes well for Kirby and Zelda. I think Sakurai has a personal bias that prevents these series from getting more characters (unless they are Link, Zelda or Ganon in Zelda's case).

I could very well see Magolor getting in as the Wave three for Kirby Star Allies will be released soon (which he is planned to be in) and HAL seem to like the guy. Japan wants more Kirby so adding characters from the series would be something Nintendo might choose.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
No because he doesn't have enough PH1R3.

In Ultimate though, they added PH1R3 onto his dair, so we're getting closer to a good amount.
There won't be enough PH1R3 until Roy is practically the human torch.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Anyone else feel like they're trying to stall again? They're going to run out of character posts before they get to some of the DLC announcements, at this rate.

If it’s what the fans want then I don’t see why they can’t just let go of that stuff.
Cultural reasons, that's it. The main reason why they finally bothered to have :ultdaisy: in a platformer at all again was due to the division that created her being merged with the one's been handling Super Mario Run.

Odds are, Camelot would also need to merge with one of the second-party divisions so that Waluigi can get a chance.

I don't hate Smash 4 at all, it just feels a little...lacking in certain areas I suppose?
It feels like it's...just there, basically. As in, it's competent, but could have been so much more. Doesn't help that Ultimate is akin to a superhuge version of Pokémon Emerald to Smash 4's Ruby and Sapphire.

Last edited:

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
There's a small part of me that's hoping Roy sucks in Ultimate just to keep it consistent to both his own game and the Smash series.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
There's a small part of me that's hoping Roy sucks in Ultimate just to keep it consistent to both his own game and the Smash series.
For maximum consistency the sword of seals breaks after landing 25 hits and he doesn't get a new one until he respawns.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
This may or may not be relevant to Smash, but it seems that Kirby Star Allies is getting a new epic update, and... everyone is here!
Sorry if this is off topic, but it's funny how they are using the same gimmick of the mural with the characters added at the end of the trailer, like Smash Ultimate XD
Also Magolor, Taranza and Susie seem to all have awesome movesets.
holy **** this is amazing. no hyness tho but he might be in there as a secret character lol

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Wait, people hate Smash 4? It'll probably change once Ultimate comes out, but I though Smash 4 was the best one to date...
I think most of the hate for Smash 4 came from its lack of game modes and roster. Gameplay wise, it's superior to Brawl, but it lacked many things like Break the Targets, an Adventure mode, and a local Tournament mode. I personally liked the roster, but certain characters like Wii Fit Trainer, Dark Pit, and Corrin left a bad taste in people's mouths.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Oh crud,
I just realized that Lucas is Ninendo's Courage the Cowardly dog.
Think about it:
-Both live in a place with "Nowhere" in the name
-Both are depressed about their loved ones not being with them
-Both are cowards (At least Lucas is one in SSE until he gets over it)
-Both are not much connected towards technology
-Both fought against organized armies
-Both of their series have creatures that feel grief over their child
and
-Both are in someway neglected from one of their older figures who lives with them
(Flint ignores Lucas to find Claus, while Eustace ignores Courage for being a "Stupid dog")

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Third parties would make far more money than first parties. And more importantly, far more hype

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wow, guess I was right about people reviving the relevancy argument.
The thing about the relevancy argument is that it's not especially forward thinking.

Just because a character isn't relevant now doesn't mean they can't become relevant again later.

Little Mac? Wasn't relevant in Brawl, but known enough to justify an Assist Trophy. After Brawl, Punch-Out!! Wii came out, and suddenly Little Mac was relevant again.

Not only that, but the relevancy can work in the opposite way.

K. Rool wasn't relevant, but now he is, because he's in Smash Bros. now, one would assume that this will probably lead to him making an appearance in at least one future DKC game.

Not to mention that relevancy is usually used as a buzzword to downplay a character's merits, generally in favour of a more contemporary alternative.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Now for the second of the my three skits (the first was with Incineroar). This one is how Ken got to be the last echo newcomer for Ultimate:

*Ken, Shadow, Funky Kong, Octoling, Impa, Jeanne are sitting in a conference room together around
*A Mii of Sakurai is at the head of the table with gloves that look like Master Hand and Crazy Hand

Sakurai: I callled all of you here today to unfortunately relay some bad news. We thought that there would be enough time to process and register six more echo fighters. It appears to be the case where we will only have time for only ONE more echo fighter. For most of you present, you will no longer be considered for an echo fighter slot, but that does not mean there is no chance you might be called for a fighter role in the future or another significant role within Smash Bros. The four that unfortunately will have to be dismissed are Funky Kong....

Funky Kong: Bummer.

Sakurai: Octoling...

Octoling: Roster not so woomy...

Sakurai: Impa...

*Impa tilts head down

Sakurai: And Jeanne.

*Jeanne just puts her palm over her face

Sakurai: For Shadow and Ken. You are both in the running. However, I will ask for a match between the both of you. The winner will receive the last invitational for an echo fighter slot within Smash Bros.

Shadow: Hmmph.

Ken: I am honored you are seriously considering me.

Sakurai: The match will be held a week from now. Even if you lose, do not worry, you will have the consolation prize of being an Assist Fighter for the Ultimate Smash Bros. tournament.

*Shadow is scowling at the mention of Assist Fighter

Sakurai: You may all be dismissed.

*Impa, Ocotling, and Jeanne all look disappointed or sullen, Funky Kong just swaggers out of the room with his surfboard

Funky Kong: Later dudes...

*Ken and Shadow stare at each

*Ken smirks
*Shadow scowls

Shadow: You will soon know just what power the Ultimate Lifeform has.

Ken: Bad Deviantart Sonics are the Ultimate Lifeform? Well I have heard weirder crap from Ryu about the stuff coming from these other universes, so its plausible I guess.

Shadow: DONT! YOU! DARE! COMPARE! ME! To! HIM!

Ken: I am going to channel Funky for a second, and say, "Chill bro."

Shadow: Hmph. We will see how chill you are once I finally acquire what is rightfully mine.

*Shadow and Ken leave

*Shadow is running along Radical Highway

*Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are there too

*Shadow is sparing with Sonic

Shadow: I will show them... I will show them all! I should have been the one to represent my universe from the very beginning. I am the ultimate life form.

*Sonic easily defeats Shadow
*Shadow gets back up

Sonic: Hey Shadow. I know we are not on the best of terms, but I really want to see you get in too. I think our universe deserves a second being to represent it outside of the assists. You will make a great echo of me.... *gets interupted

Shadow: Listen. I will not be the one echoing you. You will be echoing me. GOT IT?

Sonic: Shadow. I did not mean that like that. We are in this together. I know you are resentful for having been an Assist Fighter for the last two Smash Bros. tournaments, while I was the one that got to represent our world. It hurts, I know. That is why I want to help you.

Shadow: I do not need your help. That Ken is just a generic martial artist. A dime a dozen. Nothing new or unique. I will prove myself by going it alone. CHAOS CONTROL!

*Shadow teleports away

Sonic: Oh Shadow...

*Knuckles puts one of his big fists on Sonic's shoulder.

Knuckles: Don't worry Sonic. I will show him the way... The way of being an Assist Fighter. *laughs Why do you want to help someone that is such a jerk.

Sonic: Listen Knux, Shadow's pride is hurt. He always thought ever since our world was granted admission as part of the Smash Bros. tournament, that he would be the one chosen, instead it was me, and to top it off the Assist Fighter role, just made him more bitter. He got to see me fight while he just Assisted whoever summoned him.

Knuckles: Pfft. Being an Assist Fighter is a great honor. There are actually less Assist Fighters than actual Fighters in the tournament you know. Also, a lot less requirements and all that stuff. Me? I think Assisting suits me just fine. Sure I wish I could have been on the roster alongside you Sonic, heck, I almost made it into an underground Smash Bros. tournament (Knuckles is referring to how in Project M, Knuckles was among the newcomers planned for that mod).

Tails: Unlike Shadow, I wish I was more similar to you. I have been helping you alongside you for years. If only I was a little taller, then I could have qualified for an echo invitation.

Sonic: Its okay buddy. Sometimes things just don't work out. Personally, if it were up to me, I think you would be the best choice for our universe's second fighter.

Tails: Really Sonic?

Sonic: You know it.

Knuckles: Oh come on Sonic. Nothing goes better with Sonic than an "& Knuckles".

Sonic: Haha. I guess so. Who knows. Its not really our place to decide. We can make suggestions on who gets chosen, but its ultimately up to the organizers (Sakurai and others) who select who even gets chosen. However, I have fought Ryu many times, and have beaten him without much effort. Shadow will do fine, he just does not need to be cocky.

Knuckles: *raises eyebrow That is a tall order then.

*Over at Suzaku castle

*Ken is sparing with Ryu

*Ryu KO's Ken

Ken: Man, Ryu. How the hell did you get so good in just a short amount of time. I used to be able to keep up with you and put up one hell of a fight even with balancing a family life?

Ryu: Smash Bros. has afforded me to fight some of the most incredible fighters in all of existence. Fighting styles and abilities I never heard or seen manifested themselves among the many Fighters who participate in it. It a whole new level of fighting, and I am grateful that I was selected to be the one to represent this world. And I got bad news for you. Sonic. He is among the ones that gives me the most trouble. If this Shadow is echoing Sonic in his fighting style, you most likely are going to lose as you are now.

Ken:.... Those are words I did not want to hear.

Ryu: Ken, even if you try as hard as you can, and even if I tell you everything I know on how to fight erm hedgehogs, there is a very good chance you will not win. I have not won against Sonic once so far in the Smash Bros. tournament.

Ken:....

Ryu: I will do everything I can. However, its ultimately up to you. You cannot afford to make any mistakes. Also, the rules of echoing mean that you cannot deviate much from my own fighting style or else you will be disqualified.

Ken: I see. Then I guess we have ourselves an all-weeker.

Ryu: *nods There is much to learn and go over.

*one week later

*Ken and Shadow are on battlefield while Sonic, Ryu, and Sakurai are on the sidelines

Sonic: You can do it Shadow! You got this! Good luck!

Shadow: Pfft. I do not need or believe in luck.

Ryu: I think you got this.

Ken: No, I believe I got this. *smirks

Ryu: *slight smile

Sakurai: 1... 2... 3... GO!

*Shadow immediately rushes Ken

Shadow: You are not just going to lose. You are going to lose... BADLY!

Ken: *puts up his guard

*Ken is blocking a flurry of punches, kicks, and spin attacks from Shadow, and then kicks Shadow away

*Ken is smirking and runs away

Shadow: Get back here you coward!

*Ken fire a hadoken at Shadow
*Shadow gets hit with it

Shadow: What the HELL was that?

Sonic: Shadow, he can attack you from a distance. You need to close the distance.

Shadow: No, DUH! I just hit with it you *******!

*Shadow runs towards Ken at full speed

*Ken hits Shadow with down-b special and then unleashes a powerful kick to Shadow

*Shadow goes flying off stage, but jumps mid air to recover

Sonic: DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS GUY?! You should not be losing to him. I beat his buddy numerous times. Shadow, Please listen. Please.

*tilts head toward Sonic

Shadow: NO! YOU LISTEN! I DONT NEED YOUR DAMN ADVICE! I AM SHADOW THE HEDGHOG! THE ULTIMATE LIFE FORM! I WILL NOT LOSE AND I CANNOT LOSE! SO. SHUT. YOUR. CRAP. SPEWING. FACE!

*while Shadow is ranting his face is met with a heavy shoryken.

Ken: SHO RYO KEN!

*Shadow goes flying into the background.

Sakurai: Ken wins! Congratulations to our final echo fighter for the Smash Bros. tournament.

Ken: YEAH! That's right! *holds arm up in the air like in his unveil trailer for Ultimate

*Ryu walks onto the battlefield

Ryu: Ken, I am proud of you.

Ken: I would have lost immediately if it were not for you training me. That guy's speed was beyond anything I have seen. I was barely able to keep up. If it were not for his arrogance and ranting I would not have won as decisively as I did.

*Ken fist bumps Ryu

*Ken is at the tournament HQ in the Battlefield world

Sakurai: You are now officially part of the roster. Congratulations.

Ken: *bows I am honored to be afforded this tremendous opportunity to represent my universe and friends in this greatest tournament ever.

Sakurai: To tell you the truth. You have been a long running inspiration. Since the very beginning of the tournament it has been costly to admit new fighters in, so we have always encouraged a fraction of potential fighters to emulate the fighting style of another participant fighter in the tournament. We now have 18 such fighters with an "emulation" style including yourself, a quarter of all the fighters. Without your interesting twist on Ryu's style, we never would have gotten this high.

Ken: Wow, so I made a big splash?

Sakurai: *nods. We will be looking forward to your participation in the tournament. However, you should first become acquainted with your fellow participants.

*Later Ken walks into a room saying "Clones"

*There is a massive party set up
*Luigi, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, Falco, Ganondorf, Roy, Lucas, Toon Link, Wolf, Lucina, Dark Pit. Daisy, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, and Isabelle are there

Isabelle: Oh Mr. Masters, I would like to congratulate you on your invitation to the tournament. I never thought that I would be able to make it, being too different from the Mayor to become an echo fighter, but thanks to me studying your style I was able to make it as a regular participant. Is the party to your liking?

Ken: *smiles you did a very good job

Roy: You have been a big inspiration to everyone here. Even myself, seeing you incorporate fire into your attacks, inspired me to search the feeling of my heart and channel the fiery spirit into my sword (this is actually how the Sword of Seals/Binding Blade gets its flames). Thank you. I would not be here in Smash Bros. without you.

Ken: *gives Roy a thumbs up Not a problem. Fire always makes things cooler.... and hotter.

*most of the "clones" chuckle.

Chrom: Me and my daughter are in your debt. Without the creation of the echo fighter category, we never would have made it in.

Ken: Daughter? You a dad too bro?

*fist bumps Chrom

Ken: Papa power. But why does your daughter appear to be like the same age as you. Do people in your world age very slowly or something?

Chrom: Its actually a long story.

Ken: No worries. Ah *spots Luigi in the corner

Ken: I know you!

Luigi: You do? Wow, what a honor.

Ken: Yeah. I always thought Green Mario was a lot cooler than regular Mario.

Luigi: T-t-thanks...

*everyone in the room laughs

Ken: I am just messing with you. Who could forget the king of second bananas, Loogie.

Luigi: I-its Luigi.

Ken: Got it Louie. *thumbs up

Luigi: Close enough.

Ken: Luigi, you are a good guy.

Luigi: Wahoo.

*Ken continues to mingle with the various clones and echoes

Later.

*Ken is walking with Ryu

Ken: I truly appreciate everything. I am really grateful to be in, and the tournament organizers were even generous enough to allow me a lot more leeway for my moveset than what is typically allowed for the echo subset.

Ryu: Ken, we have known each other since childhood. We may be rivals, but we are also friends. I did not just want to see someone else from our world go to the tournaments, but I wanted my closest friend to be there with me. You have helped me grow immensely as a fighter, and it would not feel like a proper tournament without you also there.

Ken: I could never ask for a better friend.

*Ryu and Ken are walking into the sunset

*meanwhile at the lodge for Assist Trophies

Knuckles: Everyone give a nice warm welcome to Shadow the Edgehog.

Shadow: Oh shut up!

*Shadow slouches onto a middle space on a couch

*Shovel Knight is on his right side, and Waluigi is on his right side

Shovel Knight: Why dost thou protest thine honor? Tis a privilege to be granted brief sweet combat upon though hallowed grounds of elysium.

Waluigi: WAAAAH. You upset. Because you did not make it. But it even a greater disgrace Waluigi did not make it. Waluigi number 1. No fair. Waluigi number 1. No fair. Waluigi number one. No fair.

*Shovel Knight continues to speak in Ye Olde English about how lucky it is just to be an Assist Trophy while Waluigi continues to rant about how unfair it is he is not a fighter

*all while this is going on Shadow's face is twitching and his face slowly contorts into a scowl.

*I Am All Of Me starts playing internally

Whoa. It's a pity that this amazing post is wasted on the mile-a-minute pace of this thread.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I am actually starting to resent the fact that Nintendo picked the DLC lineup. Because if Sakurai follows any rules in regards to characters selection (and we have no proof that he does) Nintendo executives sure as sugar don’t. Which means that everything we were using to guide our thinking (focus on fan service, dlc characters that come with stages represent new franchises being added to the game, no assist Trophies upgraded to Fighters unless it’s between installments, etc. etc.) is potentially thrown out the window.

I know I’m in the minority, but the more Nintendo characters get in, the sadder i’ll be. I personally hate most of Nintendo’s library. I play Smash to bash Mario’s smug plumber face in with third party fighters (I main almost every third party fighter because of this). So if they do a ton of first party reps, i’ll be sad because the odds of me liking or caring about them is drastically diminished.

D

Deleted member

Me, looking at all these Kirby characters playable in Star Allies that I don't know because I only played Dreamland 2 and Triple Deluxe but still being convinced to buy it:
DqXXnMqXgAAueL0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hey hey it's LTP back at it again with the Genostress

What has me wondering, if Nintendo decided the line-up....

Would Sakurai not have the guy in base game with how much he wanted him?
Obviously Squenix loves their characters being DLC. So it'd make sense if Geno was DLC with Sakurai.

But if Nintendo tried it implies to me Sakurai tried and failed to get Geno and they got someone else.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Thing is first party would make money EXCLUSIVELY for Nintendo.
Third parties would have their money divided up every sale most likely.

It's a risky game with third parties.
Who’s going to sell more passes to more people. Minecraft, a household name franchise, or Dixie Kong. Someone you only know if your a specific Nintendo fan. Sure Nintendo makes all of the money on the later, but they potentially stand to make less money over all due to low recognition.

The problem is that most of Nintendo’s big name franchises that everyone recognizes are already in the main roster. Based on my observations, those that are left lack sufficient enough brand recognition to sell as many passes as possible.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Obviously Squenix loves their characters being DLC. So it'd make sense if Geno was DLC with Sakurai.

But if Nintendo tried it implies to me Sakurai tried and failed to get Geno and they got someone else.
All this stress isn't good for our hearts.

I can survive if he's not in. Just let me know so I can either hype or let him rest for another console.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Who’s going to sell more passes to more people. Minecraft, a household name franchise, or Dixie Kong. Someone you only know if your a specific Nintendo fan. Sure Nintendo makes all of the money on the later, but they potentially stand to make less money over all due to low recognition.
I never said they were gonna choose Dixie, lol.

A character like Bandana Dee would make a TON of money exclusively for Nintendo, moreso than most first parties.
In my mind there's only 3 potential Nintendo characters for DLC. And they'll assumedly be VERY MUCH heavy hitters, nothing like Dixie.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
dixie kong will make people less angry

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Smash 64 is to smash what Gen 1 is to Pokemon. It has massive problems and I wouldn't wish playing it on my worst enemies, but it's the first one so you gotta make due with what you get.

Melee, and by extension the rest of the series, outshines (:4pacman:) 64 in every way.

Every game after Melee has been a complete trade-off in some way or another of the previous title:

Brawl- Sonic & Snake! Story Mode! Stage Builder! Button Mapping! Massive Music Library! All the important stuff can be unlocked without contemplating suicide! BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT we removed Mewtwo, Tripping is a thing, the Artstyle is that ****ty overrated "post-9/11 gritty realism" setting that was never good to begin with-- no seriously, I believe you when you say Lord of the Rings was a good movie story-wise, but it looks ****ing hideous from a visual standpoint!

Smash 4- We fixed every problem with Brawl (Tripping Removed, Mewtwo's Back, Better Artstyle)! Mii Fighters! Improved Stage Builder! 8-Player Smash! Portable Smash! BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT we removed Snake, the singleplayer is an embarrassment to Nintendo, and I hope you weren't looking forward to Mii Costumes, because we locked all that fun stuff behind a bull**** RNG reward system.

Ultimate- Everyone is Here! Story Mode Returns! Stamina Battles are Normalized! Limitations of 8-Player Smash Removed! Echo Fighters to dissolve stigma against clones! Huge Stage and Music collection! BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT we removed Stage Builder, and aside from story mode there's still not that much in terms of singleplayer content.

Now for the second of the my three skits (the first was with Incineroar). This one is how Ken got to be the last echo newcomer for Ultimate
tbh I preferred the first skit but this one's okay, too.

I kinda wanna do my own, now.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Thing is first party would make money EXCLUSIVELY for Nintendo.
Third parties would have their money divided up every sale most likely.

It's a risky game with third parties.
Yeah, but if Nintendo gets someone like Sora then it also opens up the possibility for something like KH ports to the Switch. They got Cloud and now we’re getting all these FF ports.

Getting someone like Sora and getting ports may mean splitting the profits for Sora and those games, but it also means more people being enticed to buy a Switch to play Sora in Smash and having KH games on the go with the Switch.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
anyway its nice to know that star allies has an objectively better roster than smash ultimate fight me on this you fools

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Whoa. It's a pity that this amazing post is wasted on the mile-a-minute pace of this thread.
I am glad you liked it (as well as any who ended up simply "liking" the post). I spent a lot of time writing it, so I am pleased a few found it amusing and heart warming.

The last one I have planned deals with Pirahna Plant and how that character got into Smash Bros. It is purely comical.

Here is a link to the Incineroar skit for those who liked the Ken one:
https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...f-dlc-speculation-begins.434391/post-22683117

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
You keep saying this, but we don’t know how much he wanted him. All we know is that he liked the idea and would have liked to put him in at some point.

It’s not like he was known to be Sakurai’s number one must wanted character. I mean maybe he was, but we don’t know so we can’t act like it. It’s the guy’s job to create new Smash characters, and he probably has a bunch of cool ideas he never gets to go through with. I’m willing to bet there are dozens of other characters he would’ve said the same thing about.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Personally I think the Genostress is getting to you. For all we know one of Nintendo's choices to be vetted by Sakurai was Geno.

We have no real way of knowing anything at this point, you shouldn't beat yourself up over it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah, but if Nintendo gets someone like Sora then it also opens up the possibility for something like KH ports to the Switch. They got Cloud and now we’re getting all these FF ports.

Getting someone like Sora and getting ports may mean splitting the profits for Sora and those games, but it also means more people being enticed to buy a Switch to play Sora in Smash and having KH games on the go with the Switch.
IMO Sora being in doesn't open doors any more than the portable KH games already have.

They got Cloud 3 years ago, remember? I'm sure Cloud may have been a sign that Squenix and Nintendo were bonding a bit but definitely didn't open it up.

I'd believe this if KH games for the Switch were announced yet. When they are, forget my arguing.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
That more depends on how much cross there is between Minecraft's audience and Smash's on whether that would be the case.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I am glad you liked it (as well as any who ended up simply "liking" the post). I spent a lot of time writing it, so I am pleased a few found it amusing and heart warming.

The last one I have planned deals with Pirahna Plant and how that character got into Smash Bros. It is purely comical.

Here is a link to the Incineroar skit for those who liked the Ken one:
https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...f-dlc-speculation-begins.434391/post-22683117
I feel like your posts would be better off on their own specific thread.
Putting them here just sounds like a recipe for them getting ignored and lost within the normal flow of conversation.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

The Final Fantasy ports are more due to SE being more confident in the Switch and trying to get some games on it. I think Cloud in Smash has little to do with it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You keep saying this, but we don’t know how much he wanted him. All we know is that he liked the idea and would have liked to put him in at some point.

It’s not like he was known to be Sakurai’s number one must wanted character. I mean maybe he was, but we don’t know so we can’t act like it. It’s the guy’s job to create new Smash characters, and he probably has a bunch of cool ideas he never gets to go through with. I’m willing to bet there are dozens of other characters he would’ve said the same thing about.
He tried to get him for Brawl. I think that's a bit more than most characters. Definitely not number one; but he even tried to get the guy in one of the games. Pretty big deal back in the Brawl days from what I understand.

Unfortunately I'm not sure this really matters with how it's Nintendo's game anyway.

Also I clearly am just desperate as hell, MB

Personally I think the Genostress is getting to you. For all we know one of Nintendo's choices to be vetted by Sakurai was Geno.

We have no real way of knowing anything at this point, you shouldn't beat yourself up over it.
That's my secret Cap, I'm always beating myself up over the video games

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom