• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think what’s annoys people about no Ballot this time is that now that the veterans are back and out of the way, people had a chance to only vote for newcomers.

Granted, I find this to be a good thing because if there’s a general Ballot sometime in the future then that can mean people could vote for whoever they want regardless of status.
Honestly, all my votes for veterans feels kiiiiiinda redundant because of that.

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
I consider myself a Smash equalist, where I consider all the Smash games equal. Each of them brings something to the table that has merit to me personally. 64 was the first one I played, and I actually never owned it, I just always played it at a friends house. Melee was the game I played the absolute most as I was 7 when I got it and played it every day until Brawl came out. Brawl was the one I was the most hyped about, and I followed character speculation heavily (my most wanted was Toad). Smash 4 has been the game that I’ve been the best at competitively and have the most fun playing. (Though I was pretty hype for that game and my most wanted actually got in that time :ultmewtwo: )

But yeah I couldn’t pick one over the other as they all mean a lot to me. Ultimate might be the default #1 when it’s all said and done but nothing will take away the fun and memories I had playing the other games.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Alright, I think I have my definitive list of charcters I can see getting in as DLC.

-Sylux
-Tibby
-Bandana Dee
-Elma
-Geno
-Sora
-DQ Character
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Steve
-Doomguy
-Crash

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Considering my new "most wanted" was Rex, and that has already been shot down, and the whole deal with a Granblue character was shot down, if the only character that I have any sort of potential to be disappointed in is Steve, then I really don't have much to lose from DLC.

I'll stand up for Rex until I'm blue in the face. But should he not be eligible or picked, or whatever we'd call it, I've got plenty of other options to get and enjoy.

Also, some interesting stats from that poll I started yesterday. You guys will be able to get a look at some of that...at some point soon! Keep an eye out.

It'll be as a part of the writing team! (hopefully)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hey.
Being a Golden Sun fan is more suffering than being a Geno one.
At least, hope exist for you.

for us...It's all dead.
You and I both know hope died the moment we found out Nintendo picked the characters I'm just hiding my eyes

We're both suffering
Come to me Golden Sun gang
We must huddle for warmth

It will be a long winter

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wait, people hate Smash 4? It'll probably change once Ultimate comes out, but I though Smash 4 was the best one to date...
Basically the hate for Smash 4 boils down to a few things:
  1. "It's not Melee"
  2. "I don't like that there's no Adventure Mode."
  3. "[Expletive] CLOUD & BAYONETTAAA!!!!"
  4. "Wii U Classic Mode and Smash Tour are terrible."
  5. "GODDAMN CUSTOOOOOMS!!!!!"
Personally, I'm of the camp that Smash 4 was pretty good, but Adventure Mode is sorely missed.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Daisy, K Rool, and WFT have spirits. I don’t see why people still think Spirits deconfirm characters
Daisy is a fighter spirit, which is a special kind of spirit you get ONLY from the shop. They're not usable in spirit mode. they have art and a tiny description, basically trophies
It's not the WFT spirit but it's yoga pose.
It's not King it's Kaptain, smash treats them differently.
As long as a spirit doesn't have the SAME NAME as a fighters, it shouldn't be used for the argument of "it doesn't deconfirm characters" for now.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
You and I both know hope died the moment we found out Nintendo picked the characters I'm just hiding my eyes

We're both suffering

It will be a long winter
Another 10 years of suffering just to have our hopes crushed.

I really hope Isaac or Matthew get in as DLC

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine the salt if Golden Sun got a reboot/revival and the new lead was the one who got in through DLC promotion.

Isaac remains a Lyn like situation forever.

Alexa this is so sad. Play Ricky Martin's She Bangs.

LetterO

Smash Lord

We're both suffering

It will be a long winter
What happened to Nintendo probably knowing all the Geno demand? Don't lose hope just yet, buddy.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
Daisy, K Rool, and WFT have spirits. I don’t see why people still think Spirits deconfirm characters
daisy is a "fighter spirit" that is apparently just art (don't ask me why those are even in the game), k rool is his brother kaptain k rool (sarcasm, still its a different variation on the character rather than the character in smash itself, there's ones there for samus and sonic and ridley too) and wft are specifically different yoga poses and there are multiple of them

i'm not saying that spirits being dlc is impossible, but it kind of all relies on isaac at this point

Noipoi

Howdy!
Considering my new "most wanted" was Rex, and that has already been shot down, and the whole deal with a Granblue character was shot down, if the only character that I have any sort of potential to be disappointed in is Steve, then I really don't have much to lose from DLC.

I'll stand up for Rex until I'm blue in the face. But should he not be eligible or picked, or whatever we'd call it, I've got plenty of other options to get and enjoy.

Also, some interesting stats from that poll I started yesterday. You guys will be able to get a look at some of that...at some point soon! Keep an eye out.

It'll be as a part of the writing team! (hopefully)
Congrats, Teach.
Do me proud.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Daisy is a fighter spirit, which is a special kind of spirit you get ONLY from the shop. They're not usable in spirit mode. they have art and a tiny description, basically trophies
It's not the WFT spirit but it's yoga pose.
It's not King it's Kaptain, smash treats them differently.
As long as a spirit doesn't have the SAME NAME as a fighters, it shouldn't be used for the argument of "it doesn't deconfirm characters" for now.
Sakurai really needs to come out and say if Spirits or AT deconfirm fighters. We’re going to go mad

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was SO ****ing confident.
"There's no way they'd choose a clone of Marth with no personality and an uninteresting moveset over a much more unique clone and the main rival of Fox with a huge fanbase!"

Nintendo proceeds to choose a clone of Marth with no personality and an uninteresting moveset over a much more unique clone and the main rival of Fox with a huge fanbase.
Are you talking about Roy? I thought everyone wanted him. In my opinion, Corrin is the dlc disappointment

D

Deleted member

We're both suffering

It will be a long winter
Nintendo had a vast selection of characters. Sakurai still decided who'd be best for DLC out of that selection.
You should still have hope.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Smash 4 was a fine game, but it also had its share of issues.

Single player was awful, especially on Wii U. Smash Run was great though, and was actually what made me eventually realize that the 3DS version was superior.

THAT BEING SAID, having the development split between two systems while insisting on having their rosters be identical hampered things. The loss of the Ice Climbers was a tragedy,

A lot of folks like to say the newcomer roster was bad, but then I see :ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultpacman::ultrosalina::ultryu::ultduckhunt::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultmegaman: and I'm left wondering how.

Fantastic newcomers, great gameplay, terrible single player on Wii U, and many issues that could've been solved by keeping it on one system. Definitely a mixed bag, but Smash 4 had a lot of good things going for it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What happened to Nintendo probably knowing all the Geno demand? Don't lose hope just yet, buddy.
We're talking to the company who sold Tanuukii Mario/Cat peach as MK DLC when the fans were screaming for Diddy-kong.
they then added King boo an idk who else for Deluxe...Still no Diddy-Kong.

Fan demands can only take you far, it all depends on what the company want, and how stupid some people can be there

FreeFox

Smash Lord

We're both suffering

It will be a long winter

We just moved goalposts from BaSeD Sakurai to bAsEd Nintendo.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
We're talking to the company who sold Tanuukii Mario/Cat peach as MK DLC when the fans were screaming for Diddy-kong.
they then added King boo an idk who else for Deluxe...Still no Diddy-Kong.

Fan demands can only take you far, it all depends on what the company want, and how stupid some people can be there
To be fair; Mario/Cat Peach was 4 years ago. The Switch era has been pretty heavy on pleasing the fans.
King Boo was a fan pleaser. We've wanted him back for a while now.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
In terms on Capcom characters, the one of the only one's that I would really like to have would be Frank West, an average joe snowball character that takes advantage with his items along with a camera mechanic that you use by holding the Neutral special (Which is Aiming mode) and grab, which you can use to level up as a stronger fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom