• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I just want a Rhythm Heaven character. They don't deserve to be just Spirits and music. I know the word "deserve" might be a bit far and is thrown around alot, but Rhythm Heaven really does deserve it, IMO. It's a currently ongoing series that's big in Japan, and despite having a scrapped character in Smash 4, it's still nowhere to be seen outside of Spirits and music. Considering Megamix coming out around the time Ultimate was finalized and potentially DLC characters as well, Tibby's gotta happen. It doesn't make sense for Rhythm Heaven to be slept on by Sakurai after being so close to a character in the past.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I have not posted here in a long while (since the direct) and it is kind of nice to see things brighten up again.

As far as the DLC talk goes, what are the chances that some of those slots are used for characters from the Smash Ballot?

Why would he mention that during his talk about King K. Rool and NOT utilize it more? I got a hunch some (Maybe 2 to 3) of them are from the Ballot as DLC.

Oh now that is interesting.
I think all of y'all are sleeping on my boi: Bandana Waddle Dee.
509962_1.jpg

Look him in the eye and tell him he's unworthy for Smash.
LOOK AT HIM.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
My personal theory is that Sora and Geno will both be dlc, along with Banjo and maybe Steve. No idea on the last character.
If it’s a Golden Sun character along with an Announcement of GS4 I will cry and also lose my mind

Untouch

Smash Master
I wonder if the N64 mini is going to have DOOM 64, that game does NOT get very many rereleases so it'd be neat.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
N64 Classic Predictions:

1. Super Mario 64
2. Super Smash Bros.
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Majora's Mask
5. Pokemon Snap
6. Buck Bumble
7. Banjo-Kazooie
8. Banjo-Tooie
9. Mario Party
10. Donkey Kong 64
11. Bomberman 64
12. Mario Kart 64
13. Chameleon Twist
14. Glover
15. Gex
16. Wave Race 64
17. That snowboarding game
18. Yoshi's Story
19. Rayman 2
20. Mischief Makers
21. EarthBound 64
22. Waluigi's Taco Stand
My N64 Classic Prediction
15 Games (Man, This was tough...)

1. Super Mario 64
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Pokemon Snap
4. Mario Party 2
5. Star Fox 64
6. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
7. Mario Kart 64
8. Yoshi's Story
9. Super Smash Bros
10. Donkey Kong 64
11. F-Zero X
12. Wave Race 64
13. Majora's Mask
14. Mario Tennis
15. Paper Mario

I wonder if the N64 mini is going to have DOOM 64, that game does NOT get very many rereleases so it'd be neat.
I doubt it...
Nintendo would want to target the N64 classic to the younger crowd

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes is hard.
This is the first time i talk about Agumon in Smash here for the past 10 days.
And people talk **** about him for no reason.

Please come here with facts about how Agumon has no chance.
Again people only really care about whatever biased choice they have so they never really think about trying to get things like proof before making claims. They just know X or Y character is who they want so anyone else is just irrelevant to them. So in other words hypocrisy.

Iridium

Smash Hero
The worst thing B&K fans would want to see is the duo get the Isaac/Shadow treatment all of a sudden. Not saying this is even close to likely, but that would be the worst timeline to some for sure.

Not even sure if I could ever relate.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Imagine a Danganronpa character using it's Class Trial mechanics against the fighters like:

Link: LEL I'll just spam projectiles against you so I can use my ultimate tra-

NO THAT'S WRONG!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nah, it can be worse. Steve with a Banjo skin.
I won't lie. That still looks pretty good in its own right. I'd rather Banjo was a Mii costume if it came down to it, though. Steve's costumes should actually be regular Minecraft characters to represent the game better.

So many good sports games but as well the Star Wars games! I wonder if we’ll get Animal Crossing translation for N64?
That reminds me, WWE games have licensing issues too. That hurts them a lot. But at least they can modify it with permission if they have to remove/update skins? It depends who holds the licensing for the actors' likeness, really. It doesn't help that many of them passed away. :c

And that'd be great too. I think Star Wars is very likely to get on the N64 Mini unless Nintendo doesn't actually want to do it. Disney saying yes? Easily. There might be a few licensing issues, of course.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh, I forgot about that one Star Wars game on the N64 where you flew ships around and tried to complete missions or something.

And another one where you were actually on foot.

And a racing one.

There's also a Lego racing game and some other N64 games I must've looked at when I was in elementary school but completely forgot about, my Grandmother may still have them all idk.

Personally hoping for the N64 Classic to have its own Gameshark :troll:

My N64 Classic Prediction
15 Games (Man, This was tough...)

1. Super Mario 64
2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Pokemon Snap
4. Mario Party 2
5. Star Fox 64
6. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
7. Mario Kart 64
8. Yoshi's Story
9. Super Smash Bros
10. Donkey Kong 64
11. F-Zero X
12. Wave Race 64
13. Majora's Mask
14. Mario Tennis
15. Paper Mario

I doubt it...
Nintendo would want to target the N64 classic to the younger crowd
I can't believe I forgot Paper Mario, Kirby and Star Fox :S

This looks like a good lineup, even without Rareware titles.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh, I forgot about that one Star Wars game on the N64 where you flew ships around and tried to complete missions or something.

And a racing one.

There's also a Lego racing game and some other N64 games I must've looked at when I was in elementary school but completely forgot about, my Grandmother may still have them all idk.

Personally hoping for the N64 Classic to have its own Gameshark :troll:

Ah, I remember Gameshark. I doub't the N64 Classic will have one, but it would be sweet if it did. I remember using Gameshark all the time.

I also hope the Goldeneye game is on the N64 Classic.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Also here's a good look at Nairo's list
nairo.png

Lol, wtf Shulk and Bayo are now at the other end.
NEI means not enough info. Undecided. nvm.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I just want a Rhythm Heaven character. They don't deserve to be just Spirits and music. I know the word "deserve" might be a bit far and is thrown around alot, but Rhythm Heaven really does deserve it, IMO. It's a currently ongoing series that's big in Japan, and despite having a scrapped character in Smash 4, it's still nowhere to be seen outside of Spirits and music. Considering Megamix coming out around the time Ultimate was finalized and potentially DLC characters as well, Tibby's gotta happen. It doesn't make sense for Rhythm Heaven to be slept on by Sakurai after being so close to a character in the past.
Letter O, you okay?
It's usually me who goes on the random Rhythm Heaven rants...

BTW Tap Trial is also possible as a rep, as she hasn't been seen as a spirit either

And that was a list just made with stuff that Niintendo owns...
That alone, is gonna make it better than the PS1 Classic

Ah, I remember Gameshark. I doub't the N64 Classic will have one, but it would be sweet if it did. I remember using Gameshark all the time.

I also hope the Goldeneye game is on the N64 Classic.
That'd be great, but those licencing hurdles...

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Lol, I actually prefer the older one.
I actually think this one is a bit over-designed and has too much geometry and light going on.

(Which yes, is ironic coming from a guy with an avi of a shirtless dude with glow-in-the-dark geometry tattoos.)
Haha, and I like both characters. I even went to a Halloween party as the Demi-Fiend once a few years ago.
Thankfully, a friend of mine extracted the files from the game and found full artwork of Rex's newer suit.
Speaking of which, I humored the idea of getting
Rex & Pneuma
as a character who can swap throughout all the elements similar to the Monado arts, while Pyra/Mythra play like rushdown sword-versions of the Melee/Brawl Zelda/Sheik dynamic, but made with a tricky offense style instead. This was all before you-know-what happened, so all I have left to hope for is KOS-MOS, lol.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
It's kind of sad that Cloud's default costume is kind of forgotten at this point, which is a shame since I like that one better than the somewhat edgier advert children costume.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Letter O, you okay?
It's usually me who goes on the random Rhythm Heaven rants...

BTW Tap Trial is also possible as a rep, as she hasn't been seen as a spirit either

And that was a list just made with stuff that Niintendo owns...
That alone, is gonna make it better than the PS1 Classic

That'd be great, but those licencing hurdles...
I take it it is not just Microsoft they'd have to get for Goldeneye, is it?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Iridium

Smash Hero
Also here's a good look at Nairo's list
View attachment 176027

Lol, wtf Shulk and Bayo are now at the other end.
We're going to look back at every pre-release tier list ever made for Ultimate and "LOL, nope" at it, at least for some placements. I do disagree with some of the lower choices, but I know we're going to get surprises with tier list placements somehow later on.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It's kind of sad that Cloud's default costume is kind of forgotten at this point, which is a shame since I like that one better than the somewhat edgier advert children costume.
I almost never use the Advent Children Costume...
I like the original FFVII outfit better

Roberk

Smash Champion
For DLC, don't forget one of the biggest third-parties:

• 10s of millions of units sold, still ongoing.
  • Definite moveset potential (army weapons, energy weapons, etc.)
  • Represents the massive FPS genre, would draw in the most consumers who haven't already bought a Switch/Smash
  • Represents western franchises/developers
  • The mascot of an entire console/major tech company's gaming division and established the console line's place in the market
  • Nintendo has a very good relationship with Microsoft right now

I'm personally holding out for the Chief, Imo he's a very deserving addition who would bring in a lot of hype. A modern console mascot would advance Smash even further to being the Ultimate video-game crossover.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
And again i post something about Agumon's chances.
Some guy apear and start talking how Agumon has no chances.

Everytime.

At least tell me why Agumon has no chances.
Any edge that Agumon would have has dulled a long time ago. Digimon was a prevalent series, but it's not anymore. In a different life Agumon may have been a popular pick during the heyday of the series - if Smash had been in a different place then - but he isn't now. If people other than you are clamouring for him, they're few and far between or very well hidden. The most prolific example of Digimon in the "gaming" space are twenty year old tamagotchi-esque virtual pets, which had its audience planted almost completely in Japan. The ties with Nintendo stop shorter than other Bamco series, of which most of the more prolific ones have demand and some manner of existing representation within Smash. And while I suppose none of these individually are damning, together the picture painted is not a positive one.

Basically Digimon is a relic series, but unlike those included in Smash, like Pac-Man or Castlevania or something, its legacy has also diminished to the point of making it rather indistinguishable from countless other series that theoretically could be included, but have equally scant merits in their favour.

It's like if Yokai Watch faded into the background and twenty years from now someone thought Jibanyan had a chance.

Oh and for future reference, I'm not a guy.

It's less of Digimon's actual (low) chances and more your persistence in telling us why the character is a shoe-in while ignoring everyone else.
This also doesn't help.

From my experiences dealing with the same type of **** from people who have something against Sora in Smash they never actually have anything to say and are only saying it because it conflicts with whatever character they want instead. What I'm trying to get at is just ignore they're already biased there's no arguing with people like that.
You caught me, it's not that Agumon is an exceptionally unlikely choice, it's that must I hate him.

And it's the people who argue against Graizen that are biased.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
To be honest I'm really upset about Mewtwo's Confusion rework. Mewtwo's insane mobility was one of the reasons I though he was so fun to play as and losing his effective "third jump" is such a huge blow for me, especially when it comes to mixing up landing's because his actual double jump is so ridiculous. It's a fairly minor change overall and Mewtwo is still probably going to an amazing character, but I won't lie, I'm going to miss his old Confusion more then Charizard's Rock Smash.

I'll probably keep Mewtwo as a secondary anyway though. He'll still be fun to play and have crazy mobility all around, and getting him back in Smash was too big of a deal for me to just give up on him.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I honestly really hope that at least that Rareware game duology gets on there. I hope for Quest 64, but I don't expect it. Though at least it's easy to do as long as the N64 Mini has Memory Cards. What I really want is a translated Japanese version for all regions as an option(maybe as a 3DS or Switch game, though. That way it could have both versions of the game with language options?).

There's a ton of great N64 games. I'll be disappointed if zero sports games are on. And I don't mean WWE games, I mean at least one Baseball or Football or Soccer game. They probably would be one of the more cartoony ones, as that's way less licensing in comparison(as they have to license the real people. And that's a lotttttt).
[POUNDS TABLE] WAVE RACE WAVE RACE WAVE RACE WAVE RACE

WWF No Mercy is such a pipe dream but would be absolutely killer.

Of course my big pipe dream N64 game to be on it is Mischief Makers...which then leads to more interest in the character...which leads to Marina in Smash a semi-active support thread with a decent OP.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
I think Geno and Banjo could be dlc, and I know they did decently in the ballot. It's a possibility.
When people say "they did well in the ballot", what does it really mean? Because nobody other than Nintendo knows the results of the ballot other than "Bayonetta was #1 in Europe" said by Sakurai himself. Or am I wrong?

D

Deleted member

And a racing one.
Luke Skywalker for Ultimate when? :troll:

Noipoi

Howdy!
When people say "they did well in the ballot", what does it really mean? Because nobody other than Nintendo knows the results of the ballot other than "Bayonetta was #1 in Europe" said by Sakurai himself. Or am I wrong?
I'm not saying they topped the charts but I can't imagine they did poorly.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I take it it is not just Microsoft they'd have to get for Goldeneye, is it?
They'd also have to go for the movie/Bond IP license, actors likenesses, and whoever currently owns the licence to make Bond games at this point in time (Iirc its Activision, unless their license expired).

From what I understand Rare did try to make a rerelease happen in the Wii/360 era, and got a working demo with enhanced graphics running, but I think Nintendo backed out since the deal was supposedly going to be that the game drops on both Wii and 360, but the Wii version is virtual console, so online play would only go for xbox. A combined factor of that and Nintendo of Japan not wanting to cooperate lead to the deal falling through. But since there has been progress to get the game back in the past, its not like its a snowballs chance in Hell of happening. Its just pretty unlikely.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
:ultkingdedede: - "The suffering of others is the most amusing thing there is."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom