• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I have not posted here in a long while (since the direct) and it is kind of nice to see things brighten up again.

As far as the DLC talk goes, what are the chances that some of those slots are used for characters from the Smash Ballot?

Why would he mention that during his talk about King K. Rool and NOT utilize it more? I got a hunch some (Maybe 2 to 3) of them are from the Ballot as DLC.

Uh, Piranha Plant codes apparently have been sent out already to some people. Get yours if you can (if you want) soon.
Oh now that is interesting.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, if that rumor is true, Thursday will be interesting.
Is this year a competition of who can get things leaked the fastest, or what?

I have not posted here in a long while (since the direct) and it is kind of nice to see things brighten up again.

As far as the DLC talk goes, what are the chances that some of those slots are used for characters from the Smash Ballot?

Why would he mention that during his talk about King K. Rool and NOT utilize it more? I got a hunch some (Maybe 2 to 3) of them are from the Ballot as DLC.
I'd say a 50-70% chance, depending on how many third parties get shown off.

Last edited:

Keyblader_Of_Smash

Smash Cadet
Random question. Was anyone able to find out what exactly was the thing in question that Sakurai bought that robot mech with the gun arm? Only thing I could think of was the Ray MkIII mii costume but that’s about it. The mech’s gun arm just reminded me too much of Geno (and Mach Rider but those days are over for her)

D

Deleted member

I hope Banjo Kazooie's included in the N64 classic, I hear it's really good.
Oh boy do I get the chance to geek out over Banjo-Kazooie again?
Great gameplay & soundtrack, excellent level design, a lot of charm, and has graphics that aged far better than any other game on the N64 (though it did come with the downside of some killer framerate issues). There's a reason it's still my favorite game to this day. I hope it's on the N64 Classic because it's a real gem of a game, and I want people like you who have never played it before to be able to experience it.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
DLC...DLC...DLC...

My point here, is that their characters have all been DLC.
Stingy was the wrong word. But notice how none of these characters you listed were in base? All DLC.
They'll include some bells and zippers, but notice how they're all DLC.
Yeah. I'm not surprised that we didn't get a Square rep in the base roster, with the massive trend of DLC characters they have in other fighting games.
Honestly, even if Vergeben didn't leak it, a Square rep for DLC probably would've been one of the safest bets.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Oh now that is interesting.
I think Geno and Banjo could be dlc, and I know they did decently in the ballot. It's a possibility.

NineS

Smash Lord
DLC...DLC...DLC...

My point here, is that their characters have all been DLC.
Stingy was the wrong word. But notice how none of these characters you listed were in base? All DLC.
They'll include some bells and zippers, but notice how they're all DLC.
Of course, frankly late is better than never in my book. at least it's 2B, but that doesn't exactly make Geno entirely unlikely. Knowing how Sakurai is willing to work for what he wants, granted, due to the possibility of Enix wanting more recent characters to promote their games and franchises, it does kind of go against his chances.

Granted, Geno is anything but deconfirmed. If you really want to increase his chances for next time, I'd suggest trying to get people on the Geno bandwagon just so it'd be more likely. At least then you could say you supported him until the end, even if you knew for a fact he wouldn't be in.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Hmmm... an Nintendo Direct mini, Perhaps?
Also, even if it only has Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time, It will still be better than the Playstation mini, hands down
There could be a chance banjo and Donkey kong 64 could be on it...and Majora's mask :)

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Random question. Was anyone able to find out what exactly was the thing in question that Sakurai bought that robot mech with the gun arm? Only thing I could think of was the Ray MkIII mii costume but that’s about it. The mech’s gun arm just reminded me too much of Geno (and Mach Rider but those days are over for her)
Maybe he really likes robot toys?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Probably none... that's what the base game was for...
I can see Sakurai doing his own thing when it comes to DLC
Yet there a could have been some 3rd parties in that list. Hell I think we KNOW that there were some on the Ballot.

You gonna tell me Sora, Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Steve?, and others were not voted on during the Ballot days?

I find that hard to believe. But eh, who knows for sure?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I could see it being used to model animations for the staff weapon since they're both single-handed ranged weapons that are rather long. I don't think it was for a specific character though.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Elma DLC
There could be a chance banjo and Donkey kong 64 could be on it...and Majora's mask :)
I'm at least hoping for Mario Party 2, and the OG Smash Bros...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly though, Banjo-Kazooie or bust.
I honestly really hope that at least that Rareware game duology gets on there. I hope for Quest 64, but I don't expect it. Though at least it's easy to do as long as the N64 Mini has Memory Cards. What I really want is a translated Japanese version for all regions as an option(maybe as a 3DS or Switch game, though. That way it could have both versions of the game with language options?).

There's a ton of great N64 games. I'll be disappointed if zero sports games are on. And I don't mean WWE games, I mean at least one Baseball or Football or Soccer game. They probably would be one of the more cartoony ones, as that's way less licensing in comparison(as they have to license the real people. And that's a lotttttt).

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
N64 Classic Predictions:

1. Super Mario 64
2. Super Smash Bros.
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Majora's Mask
5. Pokemon Snap
6. Buck Bumble
7. Banjo-Kazooie
8. Banjo-Tooie
9. Mario Party
10. Donkey Kong 64
11. Bomberman 64
12. Mario Kart 64
13. Chameleon Twist
14. Glover
15. Gex
16. Wave Race 64
17. That snowboarding game
18. Yoshi's Story
19. Rayman 2
20. Mischief Makers
21. EarthBound 64
22. Waluigi's Taco Stand

and more.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yet there a could have been some 3rd parties in that list. Hell I think we KNOW that there were some on the Ballot.

You gonna tell me Sora, Geno, Banjo & Kazooie, Steve?, and others were not voted on during the Ballot days?

I find that hard to believe. But eh, who knows for sure?
I mean, they were likely DLC candidates regardless of the ballot...

Potato_

Smash Lord
I just want our Squenix suffering to end soon
Well if the Spawnwave rumor is correct you only have to wait until December 6 to potentially have your hopes dashed again.

And then even if you don't get Geno at least the game comes out the day after so... look on the bright side I guess?

I dunno okay I'm trying to be positive

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Granted, Geno is anything but deconfirmed. If you really want to increase his chances for next time, I'd suggest trying to get people on the Geno bandwagon just so it'd be more likely. At least then you could say you supported him until the end, even if you knew for a fact he wouldn't be in.
Most valuable advice, right here. :ultridley: and :ultkrool: fans didn't get their boys in by giving up, they did every effort that's humanly possible.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
My personal theory is that Sora and Geno will both be dlc, along with Banjo and maybe Steve. No idea on the last character.
Thats my theory, but its across two seasons... Also my theory is there is a second season pass.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I hope all those games make it in! I slept on Donkey Kong 64 back in the day and I played Banjo & Kazooie later in my years.

Also, if the Bear and the Bird are on the N64 mini, you better believe their chances at DLC will sky rocket!

Honestly, It would be kind of weird to not have a couple of Rare games on the N64 mini.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
My personal theory is that Sora and Geno will both be dlc, along with Banjo and maybe Steve. No idea on the last character.
Two third parties having two different characters? I can believe Sora and Geno, but to me it’s either Banjo or Steve. The one not chosen will probably get a Mii Costume.

Banjo probably will get the costume

Potato_

Smash Lord
Honestly the one rare game I'm REALLY hoping for on the N64 mini is Conker. And I don't think it's a very good chance.

I would take Banjo happily though.

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
I honestly really hope that at least that Rareware game duology gets on there. I hope for Quest 64, but I don't expect it. Though at least it's easy to do as long as the N64 Mini has Memory Cards. What I really want is a translated Japanese version for all regions as an option(maybe as a 3DS or Switch game, though. That way it could have both versions of the game with language options?).

There's a ton of great N64 games. I'll be disappointed if zero sports games are on. And I don't mean WWE games, I mean at least one Baseball or Football or Soccer game. They probably would be one of the more cartoony ones, as that's way less licensing in comparison(as they have to license the real people. And that's a lotttttt).
So many good sports games but as well the Star Wars games! I wonder if we’ll get Animal Crossing translation for N64?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Most valuable advice, right here. :ultridley: and :ultkrool: fans didn't get their boys in by giving up, they did every effort that's humanly possible.
Now I gotta rep Ashley and Geno. I've got some work to do...

Two third parties having two different characters? I can believe Sora and Geno, but to me it’s either Banjo or Steve. The one not chosen will probably get a Mii Costume.

Fair pint, though it'd be a shame to see Banjo as a costume.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Don't overhype my comments guys.

I'm just thinking logical and what might be going down in a positive way.

I could be wrong and I don't want you all coming to me if he's not revealed soon.

I just see a lot of things that don't particularly add up with the situation until we get parts of a missing puzzle piece either by Sakurai stating why not or Sakurai confirming him by releasing a DLC trailer for him.

Roberk

Smash Champion

Nah, it can be worse. Steve with a Banjo skin.

D

Deleted member

So, the Nintendo 64 Mini is looking to be real huh? Well, more reason for me to pity my wallet.

Iridium

Smash Hero
People are using a tier list from, like, a few days worth of footage, but I'll see how the characters I want to play a faring so far:

• :ultmario:: Still looking pretty good, but not as much so as Smash 4. I always preferred Doc, but....
  • :ultdoc:: Another game where Doc does not seem that good. RIP.
  • :ultbowser:: Dang, looks like he got hit pretty hard this time.
  • :ultmarth:: Still good as always
  • :ultlucina:: See Marth, but I usually prefer Marth over her.
  • :ultroy:: SO glad Roy is actually decent now. Definitely planning on trying him out.
  • :ultmewtwo:: Still good. Cool
  • :ultyounglink:: Originally not interested in him, but, holy crap, he is looking so fun to play.
  • :ultridley:: the big boi better not be bottom 5
I feel a bit blessed, honestly. A bit.

:ultlink: might get the attention he finally deserves (and I get to see T next month). Strong edgeguarding abilities, and range buffs to help with his spacing is always good. Can't determine mobility, but it seems okay.

:ultgreninja: got so many buffs recorded by the Greninja Discord and Shiki, and I'm proud to also main the frog. He got a lot of changes, and quite a lot to talk about here.

:ultlucario: got aura toned down in exchange for more base power, in addition to faster movement, and less landing lag in Extreme Speed (thank you!). Combos are still a pretty good specialty, as well.

:ultsonic: plays more aggressive (my preferred style), has a great recovery (which he can now directional airdodge with), and still has a similar combo game like in Smash 4. Still seems very good despite no shield cancel on Spin Dash (pretty big nerf).
:ultyounglink: got so many good buffs, such as quick short hop fire arrows autocancels, in addition to a fast n-air, good recovery, and an easy-to-adapt-to playstyle (for me). That milk, though...

:ultmewtwo: is literally Smash 4 Mewtwo, but even more terrifying. Good, good...

:ultmarth:, the same case as :ultmewtwo:. He's just that fortunate.

:ulttoonlink: seems similar to his Smash 4 version, but for sure not notably worse at all, if he got nerfs.

:ultpit: just looks very quick, is easy to play and doesn't seem very much plagued by offstage danger. His animations are very polished and clean, at least.

:ultsimon: simply can wreak havoc by flinging out all of his specials quickly, or at least using them to cover plenty of space, but his whip providing far-reaching range. He'll play like he does in Castlevania, maybe...

10 mains that I think will serve me well, and I won't stop there, either.

Last edited:

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
If the N64 Classic is a thing, if it has Banjo-Kazooie and Rare Titles in it. I'm way more confident in Banjo showing up soon enough.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Really prayin' for the Banjo games landing on N64 Mini. I actually might buy it if they're on it, as long as they clean up framerates for Tooie.

Banjo being in N64 mini would kinda be a dead giveaway for Smash though, tbh.

Goldeneye would be ungodly awesome, but I don't think Nintendo has the guts to go through the legal mess.

Rayman 2 and Turok would be also be nice.
Nah, it can be worse. Steve with a Banjo skin.
I actually bought this skin back on the xbox 360 and used it a lot but if this was how Banjo gets in Smash we would officially be in the worst timeline

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, I love Xenoblade's soundtrack, and have maxed out the number of songs I can fit on Gaur Plain in my Smash 4 modpack, but I really don't think we got jipped at all. We got most of the best songs in the game, and the only real issue I had was that One Who Gets In Our Way and Engage the Enemy were shortened. At Smash 4's release, Xenoblade was only a single game, so 7 songs seems fair.

I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get any new songs from XB1 this time around, but I'll live. At least Xenoblade has its battle themes unlike EarthBound
Now see, I could agree until what you said about EarthBound.

Expect your eviction notice next week.

Untouch

Smash Master
I like how the Japanese Blog has a memories post for ARMs.
Ah, the memories of a game that came out a year ago, the good old days.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Okay, favorite quote from any appearance a Smash Bros character is in...

Ready, GO!

"TAKE ME TO YOUR MASTER!" -Simon

"KING KAY ROOL, professional bad guy!" -K. Rool
"I feel like a ****ing celebrity in this town." - Bayonetta

"I'm making ****ing mac and cheese!" - Marth

"... And Bowser doesn't take orders Blubber... He gives them"- Bowser

"So... you like pee pee do ya?" - Ryu

"Raiden, squeeze my hog!" - Solid Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom