• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I'm not going to touch rest of this with a ten-feet pole but Shadow was playable in Forces as the protagonist of his own mini story and Tails wasn't.

I love Tails but saying he's more relevant is factually incorrect.
Kinda torn on that. Tails is playable in a critically acclaimed game that ended up the highest rated in the franchise in 25 years, got more support from Sega than Forces not to mention won awards at E3 and received an accolades trailer and was nominated for multiple best game awards.

He also stars in Sonic Mania Adventures which receives a total 31,502,491 views on the official channels playlist (and then a new cartoon only starring Sonic, Tails, Kux and Ames gets green lit as a result) Not to mention that, since unleashed, he’s appeared in every main game minus 4 Episode 1 compared to Shadow’s 2, was a part of the plot as much as Sonic in Colors and Lost World and did have a more relevant role in Generations than Shadow.

Eh, Shadow’s got it.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
UH OH. WE GOT OURSELVES A GOOD ONE.

WHAT? THIS IS NOT OKAY AT ALL, I HOPE THAT HE WAS NOT ****ING RIGHT ABOUT THE LEAK BEING FAKE SINCE WE HAVE SOME EVIDENCES THAT IT WAS LEGIT.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna miss this because I'll have to go back to work, too.

Eternal sadness.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
...Y'know, I just thought of something.

He said not to expect newcomer trailers all the way up until release. Perhaps not everyone will have a trailer, and will simply be shown off. That would still fit in with the quote, even if it's a bit of a stretch.
If the trailers truly are ripped directly from the game's Spirits Mode-- which was a popular hypothesis that we all kind of forgot about-- many of these characters could lack a promotional trailer simply because their appearances in the story would give away too many details ahead of release.

I'm still personally on #TeamFake, but something to think about.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
All the posts I remember were saying "Are you really looking at the clouds in a low resolution picture?"
And that's invalid, because, while the picture is low resolution, the resolution is still high enough to see the difference without any doubt.

They sayd that the picture can be modified, but that's not really a counter-proof. While it's true, it's also HIGHLY unlikely that they would modify the clouds.

Other people said that they would have to make the background from scratch, and I just replied that it's possible, it requires some patience and skills but it's definitely possible (I myself did a part of it by removing Luigi, with some time you can do the whole of it).
The picture is so small that you can't see the artifacts and the low quality stuff.
The fact that the leak's background and the official background don't match is evidence in favor of the possibility that the background is probably not official and it's a replica recreated by the leaker instead.
The background is made of some blurry clouds, it's not that hard to make it... and the Battlefield thing has probably been recreated in some way, maybe even by gameplay videos and official screenshots (not to mention that it's almost completely visible in the official picture, only the very top is covered by the characters).

7 characters in 1 month and half is not a slowdown, and Sakurai said that they would have slow down with the reveals.

16 characters (+ potential DLCs) does not match with what Sakurai said about not expecting many newcomers. While they are less than in most of the Smash games so far (14,18,21), they are still too many to justify Sakurai's claim, and in addition to this, while Smash 4 had 21 newcomers, Cloud, Ryu, Corrin and Bayonetta were DLCs, bringing the newcomer count in the base game to 17, only 1 more than what is the supposed amount in Ultimate according to this leak.

What other explanation was ever made to disprove my evidence?
This was not my point my point was that your Luigi claim WAS countered.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Not native english speaker... What Am I missing here?

The Smash Leak is fake?

I feel like lost in translation.
He says it appears/probably is fake, yes.
Screw everything. Screw all the leaks before.

This is the actual civil war of this thread.

Fellas get ready for HELL IN A CELL.
I'd prefer a good ol' Yapapi Strap Match myself.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Sorry, there's too much evidence for the leak to not be real. I'll happily take the L and move on if I'm wrong, but I'm still on team real until the end.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ACKACKACK SHI YOU'RE A GOD THIS IS IT GANG
I love how I'm this leak's biggest detractor here and I just keep pouring gas on the fire.

Also, fwiw, Mach Rider is the last track in the Other section before Famicom Medley(Murasame Castle Medley is directly after it). The tracks before it consist of Duck Hunt, Gyromite, Balloon Fight, Wrecking Crew and Clu Clu Land. At first I thought it might be the ones that directly had a stage for them, but Clu Clu Land kills it. Any thoughts if there's a pattern to this or am I overthinking it.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Annnnd that's another insider that went over to the "fake" side.

There's too much stuff happening at once man, we had a completely dry October and now suddenly we have twists and turns EVERYWHERE.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS REAL AND WHAT ISN'T

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Also,

So yeah. Things are gonna get... interesting.
It certainly will be interesting indeed.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
The question I want to bring up is: would Sakurai show the song associated with an unrevealed fighter? You could say "it's from past games" but wouldn't one of the Golden Sun songs be suspicious? And if we are to believe the leak, why didn't they hide it? As the have clearly hidden the music sections for BK, and GS.
Sakurai said any series with only 1 game goes under other, hence Mach rider, ice climbers, and gyromite being there. Series like golden sun and banjo kazooie with multiple games would have their own sections. Also the Mach rider song is not new so it doesn't seem off.

D

Deleted member

Annnnd that's another insider that went over to the "fake" side.

There's too much stuff happening at once man, we had a completely dry October and now suddenly we have twists and turns EVERYWHERE.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS REAL AND WHAT ISN'T
THE FACT THAT THE MOST RELIABLE INSIDER IN THE GAME IS SAYING FAKE IS INSANEEEE.

D

Deleted member

Even if it's fake, it was fun to talk about.

I've been going back and forth on it all day, but I think I still stand firm on my 50/50 stance in the end. If it's fake, hoo boy, this guy went through a lot of effort and steps to make it convincing, so much so that outlining it all sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory.

If it's real, cool beans. Shadow is dope.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Also,

So yeah. Things are gonna get... interesting.
They found the source to the grinch image... so yeah... that’s a big bind to this leak’s credibility

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Why hasn't the rumor list on Smashwiki been updated about this yet? This is kind of the first thing I'd have expected people to do.
I'm in the SmashWiki server, and they apparently came to a consensus that the leak has to stand for a couple days before they'll add it to the list.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Who is Spawn Wave and why does he matter?

Cause all I see is some rando on Twitter spouting his opinions like its fact.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace

Im loving this development, the end result of a leak is my favorite part.
Team Spawn Wave
Team Grinch
Team Vergeben
Team Arizona Green Tea

Pick your side
Team Arizona Green Tea obviously

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
SourceGaming's proof against it is really just a bunch of assumptions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The fact that the leak's background and the official background don't match is evidence in favor of the possibility that the background is probably not official and it's a replica recreated by the leaker instead.
They do match; the little clouds by Bayonetta perfectly match the official mural.

The rest are cut off because it's an armband.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
NantenGex mirrors a lot of my thoughts, a lot of the "evidence" around the leak isn't related to the leak at all. It's why I want to wait until the direct to confirm.
I can't say it's 100% fake though, that's a bit foolhardy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom