• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Also,

So yeah. Things are gonna get... interesting.
Tl;dr: it could be faked by a talented leaker. Anyone with half a brain knows this. Short of a smoking gun, the point is believability and scale/effort required. These large accounts that get treated with such gravitas are annoying. Nothing more to add than anyone here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Rizen

Smash Legend
Shadow: 6/10 I've established a very healthy "Love, hate and REALLY hate" relationship with Edgy the Hedgey over the years, but as long as he's only an echo I'm fine with him being here. Plus one of my good buds really wants him.
Yeah I hate how Shadow's edged out Tails and Knuckles from gameplay over the years. The Sonic series has become like Dragon Ball Z, where the hedgehogs (except Amy) represent the Sayans. They get the blond end game transformations and ultimately make other characters obsolete.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
And so begins the downward spiral of this thread and its sanity.

Think of it this way. Even if the leak is fake, we finally got something to talk about. If I remember correctly, there were quite a few users here complaining about being bored out of their minds.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
So the Grinch lied? We should’ve never expected less from the man who tried stealing christmas smfh

Abha

Smash Journeyman
The Grinch took a selfie and is doing all of this just to **** with people, happy early Christmas.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
This. Granted I've been away from the boards a while but this is the first I'm hearing of this guy and everyone seems to take his word as gospel but won't tell me why lol
I think like, three or four time people posted @TotsBS post who summarized how, this year, NOT A SINGLE one of his "leak" and "Rumour" have been in the wrong as of now.
And this night, Trine 4 was announced, which was another things he hinted to-

Dude is on a killing streak right now.

D

Deleted member

I am relaxing my posts since it seems that it can still be fake, apparently.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There is no evidence for this. There was no evidence for the box theory, but that didn't stop people from hoarding to it as our truth and gospel.
:4ness:
Maybe instead of trying to pick a side, you don't pick one?​

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I'm in the SmashWiki server, and they apparently came to a consensus that the leak has to stand for a couple days before they'll add it to the list.

Regardless, I'm tempted to post a certain image of a certain shrugging U.S. president due to this leak being real meaning Vergeben is wrong, but I don't want to be derided by either party.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Now is the stupid time.

"He , i will tell is 100% fake just to make people pay atention to me"

Oh my god

Polan

Smash Lord
"all the way"

2 months with 1 character reveal is indeed slowing the pace. Quite a bit.
5 characters in the span of month is almost definitely not "slowing down the pace" also if they have that many characters left, then why the **** did we go through october without any sort of reveal? honestly the more i think about this leak, the more i don't buy it. we have sakurai saying one thing and this leak blatantly contradicting him. i'll take my chance and go with sakurai's word over a bunch of blurry pictures.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Smash Direct airs Thanksgiving afternoon.

Sakurai- "Good morning everyone. I hope you are enjoying your turkey and stuffing. We are all thankful for a lot of things in life. I'm thankful for my friends, family, and the fact that so many people are excited to play my games! However...
Sometimes, you get a little too excited... and then you turkeys gotta spill the beans... This is what you get for leaking my game!"
[Sakurai deletes the games code live on air summons Solid Snake to call an air strike on France.]

Direct ends with the message "Never ask me for anything ever again". 3 hour long GameXplain discussion follows.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I don't know yet, but I highly recommend keeping an eye on his channel at this hour.

Well, back to work for me.
Who is Spawn Wave and why does he matter?

This is like the third time I've asked this question in the past 25 minutes... ;<

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
They found the source to the grinch image... so yeah... that’s a big bind to this leak’s credibility
Uh that doesn’t hurt it

It’s has nothing to do with the smash leak it’s finding renders of the characters is what hurts

But i don’t care if it’s fake or not it’s just we are getting a lot of good stuff in this smash and I still have my last two most wanted for the smash game :ultkrool: and :ultridley:

I think the best way to prove it fake is with character 69 if it’s none of the characters or the position of where the character is way off it’s fake I don’t think anything we will see till then will deconfirm it

I mean shulk was the one who confirmed the ESRB leak

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Even if this is the end, we still have Spawn Wave's remark that there is either a missing character or missing characters, so there's still some surprises left in terms of characters.

I sincerely hope it's Sora.

Also, in terms of DLC Hopes, here's my Top 10-ish.
  • Sora - first and foremost
  • Joker/Yu Narukami
  • Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong (as a duo)
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Capcom Rep (Dante, Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright, all of them are good)
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Rex and Pyra
  • Spring Man
I have that small hope, personally, that WayForward's offputting silence will somehow lead to Shantae being that missing character.

My top 10 DLC hopes? Shantae (If she isn't found anywhere in base), Misty, Crash, any ARMS character (I'd say Spring Man or Helix), Dixie, Chibi-Robo, Marx, a different Xenoblade character, Mini Kangaroo, and Rayman (Even more deserving than Shantae in my opinion, but not necessarily my priority).

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna take a break right now but I expect me to find evidence in favor of this leak even though it seems to be getting proven fake soon
giphy (1).png

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
There is no evidence for this. There was no evidence for the box theory, but that didn't stop people from hoarding to it as our truth and gospel.
:4ness:
Maybe instead of trying to pick a side, you don't pick one?​
pick every side you ****ing coward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom