• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be honest with ya'll...I don't have any idea what's even taking place right now and why this Spawn Wave person seems to be hyped up as the end-all for this leak (or who this person even is or why they are credible.)

Potato_

Smash Lord
And so begins the downward spiral of this thread and its sanity.

Think of it this way. Even if the leak is fake, we finally got something to talk about. If I remember correctly, there were quite a few users here complaining about being bored out of their minds.
I mean even if it was fake, I got to talk about the Grinch and have it be 100% related to Smash so I consider that a win.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
>mfw about what just happened recently

I don't know what to believe anymore, is the leak fake or real? Even, I can't tell and this is bascially game of thrones but with leaks.

I think that I'll join team about people that don't know what to believe.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
And here I thought I was going to be bored on my day off. I forgot how fun it was this time of year back when Smash 4 was being released. All the hype and leaks being shot down. All the people coming together to share good times while others secretly resenting everyone for their character not getting in... only to get a new breath of fresh air with a new leak out of nowhere. Fun times! Today is going to be an F5 kind of day
:happysheep:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
There is no evidence for this. There was no evidence for the box theory, but that didn't stop people from hoarding to it as our truth and gospel.
There was plenty of evidence for the box theory, what're you talking about?

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oh wait, this recent leak came from a potential frenchperson?

Never mind.

It’s fake.

Never trust a frenchperson.

Monty Python taught me that.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Spawn Wave and Sourcegaming man are a bit more than randos
idk who Spawn Wave is and no one has any interest in anyone here to asks, which leads me to assume he isn't that important.

And as great as PushDustIn is, SourceGaming is still just a fansite and, to my knowledge, doesn't have any sort of inside contacts with the companies that makes their team's opinions anymore significant than anyone else's.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
-SourceGaming's "proof" against it is based on assumptions
-Spawn Wave said "I'll tell you what I think of it"

:glare:

Face it, this is neither fake nor real until the final direct / the game's release or whatever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know what this tweet could mean, but apparently we'll know something come a week's time.

Take it how you will.

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't know what this tweet could mean, but apparently we'll know something come a week's time.

Take it how you will.

The direct is heavily speculated to be in 2 weeks.

Abha

Smash Journeyman
The Grinch Box Theory
One of the last 2 boxes is for Ken, and the other 1 is shared between Shadow, Isaac, Mach Rider, Banjo Kazooie and Chorus Kids.
Grinch box theory is there are two characters left with at least one of them being the Grinch and a Grinch Echo

KMDP

Smash Legend
The question I want to bring up is: would Sakurai show the song associated with an unrevealed fighter? You could say "it's from past games" but wouldn't one of the Golden Sun songs be suspicious? And if we are to believe the leak, why didn't they hide it? As the have clearly hidden the music sections for BK, and GS.
Some would say that Mach Rider not being there (at the time) would be more suspicious.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
A bunch of knowledgeable people repeating what a lot of smaller users without their own major outlets have already said on here does not make the leak any more less fake or less real.

Unless they bring proof of their knowledge that said leak is definitely fake, like found renders, something definitely leak killing? They're not really better saying the same things because they have inside knowledge or are also smart than JoBloForumUser987.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There is no evidence for this. There was no evidence for the box theory, but that didn't stop people from hoarding to it as our truth and gospel.
Ugh. There is evidence for--

I'm not going down this road again.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I think I got the gist of the leak now. Disappointed because there's no Elma, but there's always DLC.

Geno, Shadow, Isaac and Banjo though? Hell yes.

I'm neutral for now. Leaning towards real.

Now to play... the waiting game.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I had no idea who spawn wave was till today so I don’t have any reason to believe them. And unless he’s leaking video footage I have no reason to believe him

Chrollo.

fka president wario
feel like the leak debunkers aren't gonna say anything people haven't already said in the thread :yeahboi:
Honestly it wouldn’t be surprise me at all. So far the only two arguments from insiders against this have been “No Incineroar” and “This can easily be fake”. Still don’t fully believe this is real though.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If anyone can debunk this lead I'll gladly talk to you about a box again.

There we go. Scared em off. Got 'em.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Take it how you will.

Isn't he one of the guys that had sources saying the direct would be the first week of November? AKA two weeks from now?

What the hell would we learn in one week's time that would disprove this leak if it isn't that direct?

EDIT: He said a week or two so clearly he's referring to the rumored direct.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

Take it how you will.

Who is Spawn Wave?

Seriously getting tired of asking this question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom