• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I only want this to be real because of the fan bases it will suffice, and I get Issac.

But I also don’t want it to be real because Elma (and Lycanroc) aren’t here.

WHAT DO I DO?!?

Last edited:

Krexxal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tigertot
3DS FC
0748-2843-9928
Switch FC
SW-8129-3137-5316
This just has too much evidence going for it to be fake.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'm sorry but not even Spawnwave can disprove this in a complete or concise way. You can argue about blurry art and the source of the Grinch images all you want, but the place where the Snapchat leaker works and his background has already been proven. In order to disprove it, you'd have to prove that said French leaker made a fake leak using his job as a source, which whom he doesn't even work for anymore.

Tl;dr: unless spawnwave somehow has gotten a direct quote from the French leaker that it's fake, not taking his words as gospel.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Please correct me on this, but wasn't Universal one of the contacts the company has? Universal owns Illumination, and both Universal and NBC are owned by Comcast.

Everything else checks out.
Oh boy, I forgot about the hell that is Mother company, sub-company and all of that. My bad~

Chrono.

I remember people in ERA saying Spawn's record is spotty, but I have no real way to verify that.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Fenrir confirmed chopped liver.
didn't see you on this page. hiya <3

also i see a lurking mafia player or two. praline praline Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier

we're gonna party till the sun is out so let's start here: Teams are stupid. Just wait for the game to come out/wait for a few weeks. The game's roster will still at least be a 9.8/10 which is still 2 points above Too Much Water

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If all of these insiders supposedly exist, how have we not heard more about characters in this game? Like, I still don't believe the new leak, but if there are insiders who know more, how hasn't the information leaked in any way? I just don't think people are that good at keeping quiet sort of thing. Especially when Smash characters shouldn't be all that hard to leak. Unless we really just have the goddamned Ken and Incineroar left, which is by far the worst timeline.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna head out for now and come back later tonight to see if any of this develops. In all seriousness, I'm leaning towards fake. This leak seems way too wishlisty to me, and has the vibes of a fan made thing.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
But he knew 4 weeks before everyone else. Nobody else did until recently.
I agree this is reason enough to take him at least a bit seriously, but again - has he been wrong in the past about rumors? Just posting a correct track record by itself could be cherrypicking if he was right 6... out of, say, 12 times.

Graizen

Smash Champion
"The insiders are all saying that this is fake"

Yeah , please ask why they think this is fake.
They never say anything.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
didn't see you on this page. hiya <3

also i see a lurking mafia player or two. praline praline Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier

we're gonna party till the sun is out so let's start here: Teams are stupid. Just wait for the game to come out/wait for a few weeks. The game's roster will still at least be a 9.8/10 which is still 2 points above Too Much Water
I’m here occasionally. :p

YourMostWantedWon'tBeIn

Banned via Warnings
Looks like Virginben's henchmen are on full damage control mode now

Noipoi

Howdy!
This thread's moving fast since a new leak has hit.
I bet some are thinking "how did it get like this?"

With everyone shouting and screaming their voices.
Debating and crying over character choices.

Despite what you'd think, it's not that old box.
It's related to the guy who made Fox in Socks.

That's right, Dr. Suess. of Cat in Hat fame.
He wrote another story, The Grinch was it's name.

It was a cute little story about Christmas time.
And how a green prick almost ruined it, all told in rhyme.

And that story was getting a crappy reboot.
Made by the same guys who make singing yellow poop.

A man who's working to advertise this flick.
Took a very interesting Snapchat pic.

The whole roster might've leaked, to Sakurai's chagrin.
And every single nerd on Smash boards dug in!

so now here we are, discussing this leak.
I hope this rhyme gave you the answers you seek.

And somewhere in France, at least some people say.
Some loser is totally getting fired this day.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I agree this is reason enough to take him at least a bit seriously, but again - has he been wrong in the past about rumors? Just posting a correct track record by itself could be cherrypicking if he was right 6... out of, say, 12 times.
That’s what I wanna know

Just because they are creditable doesn’t mean they are righ n

Fake or not atleast we finally have something to talk about

Abha

Smash Journeyman
Leaking Smash is whatever. It's probably not even real. Mess with THE GRINCH though...

No one leaks Grinch renders and gets away with it.
This may be the greatest Grinch crossover of all time, closely followed by The Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat.

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
NantenGex comment about The Grinch is not really credible to me. The image of the Grinch and Max in his photo only shows part of the body while the leak shows the entire part but split halfways. Of course the leaker could have created the rest of it himself using other images of the Grinch, but really. Could a leaker really be that smart?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
This info suggests to me that he has no sources and makes videos off of rumors he finds online. Anyone can make these kind of videos.
Well, that's the things...
He make the video...
But not about stuff he see online.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So yeah I had the whole day to think about this at work and i'm still 50-50. With this many newcomers, I think the "I hope you're not expecting too many new challengers" comment seems null. With an addition 4-5 original newcomers bringing the total original newcomers to 8-9, that doesn't warrant a comment like that although I guess it's still smaller than Brawl/Smash 4's.

The drawings still get to me because those have been faked before like the Bomberman fake. Hell there's even a guy on Twitter who does commissions to draw characters in the style of Ultimate's character background. I don't see that as undeniable evidence.

All that being said, i'm hoping it's real even with my doubts.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I see we've all descended into madness and are all just ****posting now. Excellent.

...he said, without contributing anything else to the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom