• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Looks like Virginben's henchmen are on full damage control mode now
That was a hilariously garbage debunk.

'It's too blurry to be certain!' 'It's all just there for credibility!'

Excuse me? Why would he pick the goddamn GRINCH to try to add credibility to a Smash leak? Are you joking me?

D

Deleted member

This can go two ways. One, it can become WrestleMania 25th and the streak lives in spectacular fashion, or two, WrestleMania 30, where the streak ends and we're all shocked.

To be fair, we don't know what info he has and if he has his own information to provide, we most likely will not know until later as we approach the Directs next month. Every Rumor Wave video cycle is when the info is out, the info then becomes a reality weeks or months after.

So we're now at crossends.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Looks like Virginben's henchmen are on full damage control mode now
I try to give Source Gaming the benefit of the doubt--but I can't when they post something like that. Any Bayesian will tell you nothing can ever be 0% or 100% true--that means no amount of evidence in the world could change your mind. It's the very definition of being close-minded.

I've been skeptical of this leak, despite wanting it to be true, and I go back and forth whether or not I think it's likely. That's rational. Ever uttering the phrase "100% fake" is not.

Or maybe it is :p

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Zerp Zerp Who's the most likely person to use Bandana Dee's spear and why is it Banjo?

Personally, I think Waddle Dee is very likely to use Kazooie. You know, kind-of a lovers quarrel or something.
It's...
It's obviously Togetic.

I'm absolutely going to put words in his mouth because you know that's his answer.
...oh, I'm too slow lol

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
It's obviously Togetic.

I'm absolutely going to put words in his mouth because you know that's his answer.
I feel Togetic is more likely to become a Marth/Peach echo. He'll use all of Marth's moves except Peach will be Side B.

We need more of Peach's Side B. Why else do you think Daisy was included?

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
They didn’t, the smoke trail isn’t in the blank banner template. You can see Luigi is below the diagonal cloud crack to the left and his smoke trail is right below the cloud crack to the right near the top in the circle:

There is no smoke trail beneath that top cloud crack in the empty template. And you can see the cloud crack that goes above Ken’s fist at the bottom right of that crack.

The diagonal cloud crack to left is where Luigi should go and the very top one on the right of it is above where the smoke trail should go.
Sadly -and though it delights me to know the community is familiar enough with KOS-MOS at this point to (literally) see her in the clouds- this is very much the case.

That said... if only to help others understand how so many people had KOS-MOS apophenia in regards to this blurry image, and as a bit of a thought experiment, I'ma go ahead and approach this from another, unnecessarily roundabout angle. Of course... having said that, it's actually rather simple. To those who have played Xenosaga, the "pose" being taken is highly reminiscent of something all too familiar, particularly the
cover art for Xenosaga Episode I (Images aren't working, so a link will have to suffice), If from a different angle. It's precisely the kind of pose that would resonate with fans of the series.

Now, the more astute of you would probably notice something about the art that would show this couldn't be Xenosaga's gynoid savior: KOS-MOS Version 1's right arm is clothed near to the shoulder in black, a trait that is shared with her recent re-design, KOS-MOS Refrain.

Which is to say, even if you want to believe there's another character behind Ken, that character is not KOS-MOS. I cannot tell you just how much I wish it were... but sometimes... a cloud is just a cloud.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Whatever they used to cover up the name they did a poor job at it.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Couldn't the fact the the "insiders" say it's fake just be them covering for Nintendo?... If they're "insiders" and this leak was real wouldn't Nintendo try and quell the swell.
I highly doubt Nintendo would have people like Imran and others doing damage control.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Has PushDustIn PushDustIn given anything yet or is he still our last unspoken hope in some actual competency?

Because saying obvious things like "it's too blurry" is just reaching for the top shelf when you're 5'2".

Last edited:

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry but not even Spawnwave can disprove this in a complete or concise way. You can argue about blurry art and the source of the Grinch images all you want, but the place where the Snapchat leaker works and his background has already been proven. In order to disprove it, you'd have to prove that said French leaker made a fake leak using his job as a source, which whom he doesn't even work for anymore.

Tl;dr: unless spawnwave somehow has gotten a direct quote from the French leaker that it's fake, not taking his words as gospel.
Similarly, the opposing side (Team Real) has to prove that the leaker is actually the same person as the french employee and not somebody else using the name as a scapegoat, otherwise that argument goes out the window. The take away from this is that for every so-called piece of evidence in favor of the leak, there already exists a plausible counter point.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I feel Togetic is more likely to become a Marth/Peach echo. He'll use all of Marth's moves except Peach will be Side B.

Captain Falcon Echo except side-B is Peach Bomber

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm still team 50/50 until something more concrete comes out, I remember how impressive the Rayman leak was.

Leak Theory: Eventually Fake Leaks will improve to the point that we can't tell them from real info.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
And the Vergeben
with his grinch-men
ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling:
"How could it be so?

It came without Incineroar!
It came without Steve!"
"It came without Rex, Pyra, or Mythra!"

And he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Vergeben thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe leaks", he thought, "didn't come from a textpost."
"Maybe leaks... perhaps... mean just a little bit more!"
The best thing about this leak is that it brought about masterful writings like this.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So, given all the memery surrounding him, if there was say, a second ballot, what are the chances that the Grinch would get the most votes out of any character? Because somehow I can see it happening.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
That was a hilariously garbage debunk.

'It's too blurry to be certain!' 'It's all just there for credibility!'

Excuse me? Why would he pick the goddamn GRINCH to try to add credibility to a Smash leak? Are you joking me?
If they did a bit of research to find the printing agency, then it's reasonable that they'd also do something like this.

Assumptions go both ways; people have made more radical fakes in the past, and this is just pure wish fulfillment. Everything can be explained here by "someone who's decently talented and dedicated"; it's not like the Ken leak that was exclusively in-game stuff and far harder to fake.

Also, keep in mind: the ESRB leak was all in-game stuff and what tilted overall opinion was the Shulk gameplay leaked a while after it.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
pssh that's no fun

Do you feel Banjo will still twirl for his Up B? or will his appearance and trailer involve him hitting the gym with Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja, and Duck Hunt?
Pretty sure it actually involves him trying to learn how to drive with Mario for a Mario Kart tournament but failing to get his driver's license, giving us the backstory for why his up-b is a Mario Kart spinning out of control.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

I feel like being Side B'd by a hard egg shell would hurt. A lot.

Please don't throw eggs at me.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Similarly, the opposing side (Team Real) has to prove that the leaker is actually the same person as the french employee and not somebody else using the name as a scapegoat, otherwise that argument goes out the window. The take away from this is that for every so-called piece of evidence in favor of the leak, there already exists a plausible counter point.
That would be an incredibly arbitrary and difficult task. "Lemme assume the identity of some random French marketing printer to dupe the internet for a week."

That's some Bourne **** you're peddling.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Has PushDustIn PushDustIn given anything yet or is he still our last unspoken hope in some actual competency?

Because saying obvious things like "it's too blurry" is just reaching for the top shelf when you're 5'2".
There's a livestream from Source Gaming at 7 EST I think.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'll say it again: Show me the receipts.

Unless they show us something damning I have no reason to believe this is anything more than them stumping for "our guy." I've seen insider circles get utterly flustered that they didn't come across the info first and they aren't privvy to it. It's a territorialism I've seen over and over in other fandoms and it's dumb.

Is it possible someone blew up their job over snapchat for a few internet chuckles in an elaborate and highly detailed fake? Yeah.

Is it more likely that "our guy" has some bad info? I'd say so.
Appropriate song for this post.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Pretty sure it actually involves him trying to learn how to drive with Mario for a Mario Kart tournament but failing to get his driver's license, giving us the backstory for why his up-b is a Mario Kart spinning out of control.
Does this mean he's in the Mario Kart 8 DLC too? I'd be okay with this, but, I don't know how this fits into the death of Kazooie or the backstory behind him getting Bandana Dee's spear. I feel though that if they're going to get Banjo Kazooie for one Nintendo game, why not get him in more?

Mario for Halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom