• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
A common counterpoint to this leak is that Nintendo is handling their own marketing for the game, not Namco Bandai. That's a fair point.
BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE THE ONES PRINTING IT
Why wouldn't Nintendo tell a French company to print the materials they're going to use in France? That way they don't have to ship in each individual item, they don't have to go through customs, they don't have to worry about any potentially applicable tariffs, etc. They're going to need HUNDREDS of individual pieces of promotional materials just for the tiny country of France, so why bother printing it in Japan and shipping it over when you can have Frenchmen at least print the product and assemble it for less?
Sure, this guy was a graphic designer. That doesn't mean he was the one working on and completing the banner. It's entirely possible that he was just in charge of checking the final products before it shipped: he's a graphic designer, it could be part of his job to make sure everything printed correctly.

barleyy

Smash Rookie
I don't buy it.

Why was a video posted then deleted?
Why was the banner not clear and visible?
Why was the person's name legible?

There's no way someone would put their own name in view unless they were a total idiot. From that it can be deduced the name in the picture is not the leaker. The name is a red herring. And if that's the case, why is there a red herring? It's all too suspicious.
Lol "posted then deleted." Because it's snapchat!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
^ This.

Let's not forget, folks like GameXplain like getting free review copies from Nintendo and stuff. They're not gonna fuel leak fire and risk getting on Nintendo's bad side.
Because... it's never happened before?

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Also, I can't even imagine the trust issues this community is gonna have if the leak is proven fake. It's gonna be used as an example for decades. Nothing short of a 4k 15-minute video with Sakurai voice-over available in at least 10 languages is gonna be convincing.
The ESRB leak tho

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I don't buy it.

Why was a video posted then deleted?
Why was the banner not clear and visible?
Why was the person's name legible?

There's no way someone would put their own name in view unless they were a total idiot. From that it can be deduced the name in the picture is not the leaker. The name is a red herring. And if that's the case, why is there a red herring? It's all too suspicious.
It was sent on Snapchat. Some guy started work that day, sent a quick snap to a buddy, and the buddy then leaked everything because he or she is an ass.

It's the only dumb way this makes any sense. The other possibility? The guy is a complete moron and didn't think anything through.

Last edited:

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I really wish this leak didn't show up around midterm time it's so hard to stay focused now.

Has there been anything new regarding it?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It was sent on Snapchat. Some guy started work that day, sent a quick snap to a buddy, and the buddy then leaked everything because he or she is an ***.

It's the only dumb way this makes any sense. The other possibility? The guy is a complete moron and didn't think anything through.
And then Nintendo sues snapchat for not making screenshotting other snaps impossible

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
y-yeah but this one has more effort put into it so that example doesnt count

I mean, there's the fact it also pretty much goes against what Sakurai's said and is full of wish fulfillment that makes it stick out; but people are ignoring that because they want it to be real.
I know right. That's why I'm on team "meh"

People like to close their eyes on the issues, as tiny as they are, especially when we got ****ed by Sassy Geno literally next week with OMG ITS REAL when it wasn't and stayed strong for like a whole month.

Chrono.

This is one of the weirdest leaks out there, every insider is either saying it's fake or to pay no attention to it. Yet, people keep finding some substantial evidence in it's favor.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The real leak is the fun we had along the way.

Wait... leak... leaks... leeks...

Could it be?

Miku for SMASH U!

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I mean, there's the fact it also pretty much goes against what Sakurai's said and is full of wish fulfillment that makes it stick out; but people are ignoring that because they want it to be real.
For ****'s sake I guess no matter how many times I say it I can't reach everyone.

Sakurai. Has said. The same remark. About fewer new characters. In both Brawl, And Smash 4.

The man lives. To overperform. And surpass expectations.

The man. Will undersell. Intentionally.

Smash Ultimate. Literally IS. A wish fulfillment game.

To sweep all the evidence under a rug of 'people just want it to be real' is blatantly dismissive. I have no stakes in any of these characters and I find the evidence overwhelming, and can only see cries of 'no way!' from the detractors with no tangible evidence presented against it.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
also thing about insiders: most 'insiders' do not care and are just people that have contact with someone or who just work at somewhere. sometimes binded by an NDA and sometimes not.

tbh for this to be fake you have to go thru a huge number of mental gymnastics
p much what i think for anyone trying to confirm or deconfirm it completely.

Untouch

Smash Master
This is one of the weirdest leaks out there, every insider is either saying it's fake or to pay no attention to it. Yet, people keep finding some substantial evidence in it's favor.
I don't really see any evidence in it's favour, I just see evidence proving that this guy exists.
On the other hand, most of the evidence against it is grasping for straws as well.

I think people just need to temper their expectations, a direct is likely in 2 weeks, it isn't like the ESRB leak where that was the last huge concrete piece of info we got before launch.

D

Deleted member

short version of my take: there's nothing out there that proves this completely real or fake so hold your horses, wait a week or two, and play some other games.

who's picking up transistor on switch
Red Dead 2 comes out this week so as far as I'm concerned it's the only game that exists until I'm finished with it.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
"No way were getting :ultpichu:"
"No way were getting :ultyounglink:"
"No way were getting :ultsnake:"
"No way were getting :ultkrool:"
":ultcloud: is totally gonna get cut"
"What's a :ultrichter:?"
"No way were getting 7 more characters"
I dunno... this seems to be ESRB but everyone wants it to be real this time... I'm not on team real yet, but pretty damn close. Either way I'm glad this leak happened, talking about doom and gloom only 2 characters left for 2 months got boring quick.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Red Dead 2 comes out this week so as far as I'm concerned it's the only game that exists until I'm finished with it.
there you go. support capitalism. or just buy it used because **** team bondi

what are you playing before then? Armello's great if you like Multiplayer games. Some Touhou, Rhythm Heaven, or Legend of Heroes are all great choices too. Darkest Dungeon if you need to yell at something and you like a horror aesthetic.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
It was sent on Snapchat. Some guy started work that day, sent a quick snap to a buddy, and the buddy then leaked everything because he or she is an ***.

I operate under the assumption that someone working on this is not a 20-something millennial who doesn't know how the internet works. The leak can be real for all I care, but I don't want to accept people in this line of work are that stupid.

Dan

Smash Lord
So where is Incineroar during all of this? Trying to push a boulder off himself underground?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
"No way were getting :ultpichu:"
"No way were getting :ultyounglink:"
"No way were getting :ultsnake:"
"No way were getting :ultkrool:"
":ultcloud: is totally gonna get cut"
"What's a :ultrichter:?"
"No way were getting 7 more characters"
I dunno... this seems to be ESRB but everyone wants it to be real this time... I'm not on team real yet, but pretty damn close. Either way I'm glad this leak happened, talking about doom and gloom only 2 characters left for 2 months got boring quick.
Doom and Gloom? 2 more characters?

If Doom Guy's one, who's Gloom?!

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
yoshi's moveset is getting replaced with bayonetta's; don't worry.

hey i remember you being a cool dude

you enjoying the thirst people are having when they'll find out in like, two weeks anyways?
It helps to have other things going on. Between tabletop hobbying and a career I can take a break from Smash, which makes it more exciting when things are actually going on like now.

Speculation isn't the end-all-be-all and I'm not above taking a massive L on this.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Remember that the Rayman leak was only disproved when Artsy Omni claimed it.

A common counterpoint to this leak is that Nintendo is handling their own marketing for the game, not Namco Bandai. That's a fair point.
BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE THE ONES PRINTING IT
Why wouldn't Nintendo tell a French company to print the materials they're going to use in France? That way they don't have to ship in each individual item, they don't have to go through customs, they don't have to worry about any potentially applicable tariffs, etc. They're going to need HUNDREDS of individual pieces of promotional materials just for the tiny country of France, so why bother printing it in Japan and shipping it over when you can have Frenchmen at least print the product and assemble it for less?
Sure, this guy was a graphic designer. That doesn't mean he was the one working on and completing the banner. It's entirely possible that he was just in charge of checking the final products before it shipped: he's a graphic designer, it could be part of his job to make sure everything printed correctly.
I think the argument is that there's no reason for a graphic design firm would have pre-made promotional material.

Could be wrong though.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
How long did it take to deconfirm the Palutena leak?
It was only deconfirmed when the dude who made it came out and said so after Palutena was revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom