• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I play the superior win condition
View attachment 171680
o dang

i play lysandre's trump card

Beat it a couple years back, then got and beat Bastion recently. I never experienced Bastion before so when they announced BOTH for the switch I was elated. Supergiant's a ****ing awesome dev that pours so much love into all their products and I wanted to double dip on Transistor to support them :)
YESSSSSSSSS! Did you play Pyre? I'm hoping you enjoy your replay of Transistor! They're wonderful people. I've met them in person.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I guess, but if this is in fact fake...then ouch to a lot of supporters, at the moment of course.

But I would love a playable Mach Rider for sure any day.
Yeahhh, true. I'm just happy we have something because ever since my poor dude Sassy Geno passed away, I was just griping for something moderately interesting. xD

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So what does the rationalization become if those Grinch renders start showing up in public promotions for the movie? That French boi co-opted a printing press and convinced Illumination to use his fake materials in their legitimate marketing?

MainJPW

M.T.A
Honestly, this leak is what we deserve. I've just been staving for an interesting leak that looks good and is hard to debunk.
It came at the perfect time, too. Music theory? Been there. Box theory? Done that.

We had exhausted every discussion point to such an extent that we started talking about non Smash related things like say...briefly becoming a Pokémon social or becoming a Fire Emblem social.

This leak breathes new life into this thread I mean just look at the view count? ACTIVITY!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
So what does the rationalization become if those Grinch renders start showing up in public promotions for the movie? That French boi co-opted a printing press and convinced Illumination to use his fake materials in their legitimate marketing?

hey bkupa buddy remember how most of smash 4 was really really boring bar like greninja and maybe the first reveal trailer

it's like the exact opposite right now

what a time to be alive

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'll never forget the time The Grinch was involved with Smash leaks.

It's the one thing i'll remember most about Ultimate's speculation. :)

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
As much as I think this poster leak could very well be legit. I just have this feeling of "too good to be true" but I really hope that's not the case because Banjo, Geno and freaking Mach Rider are amazing inclusions.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I don't even know what you just said.
Maybe?

D

Deleted member

I'm going to wait for a Direct later in the future. I have aboslutely no idea what to think of this. I want to believe it's real, but if I do, life will screw me over and it won't. So ultimately, I'll wait and see.

JIrish780

Smash Rookie
Wow, I sure picked one heck of a day off to take care of doctor and dentist appointments!

If this leak is true, then we've got a lot to look forward to. If it isn't, then at least it's going to prove to be memorable for this game's speculation cycle. I'm leaning towards fake, but only very, very slightly, and mostly I'm waiting for the direct to confirm and/or deny this.

D

Deleted member

Well, I was gone for six hours, and the leak still isn't dead, which bodes well. As far as I can tell (I'm NOT reading through 50 pages...) not one person has brought up any new worthwhile evidence to suggest this leak is fake, other than some high-profile Smash info guys (RE: fans) who might know a little bit about secret gaming info in general, but know not one bit of concrete info for the biggest kept secret in gaming--Smash's roster.

Guys. If Spawn Wave, Source Gaming or anyone else not under NDA knew about any Smash characters, then they'd have been conclusively proven to be in the game by now. And even if they did manage that, you might get the info for one or two, but not ALL of them. Nobody who isn't Nintendo knows what is really left in the game right now.

All this is is a game of opinions. People can say they believe it's fake, just like I can say I believe it's real--what's messed up is that, despite these experts having no more evidence than I do, they get held up as an example of proof like their opinion has more value because of their positions.

Come on, guys...I won't tell you you have to be Team Real. You're perfectly allowed to feel it's fake. But don't be sheep, following some dudes that have literally no more ability to prove this than you yourself. If you want to believe it's fake, do so based on your own conclusions.

Right now, I am only interested in seeing evidence that specifically proves this leak false. Sources for art. Some kind of proof that the LinkedIn or Grinch stuff is falsified. If I don't see that, I will not be convinced either way.

Anyone got any?
This, all I want is for someone to prove this fake tbh. Someone to convince me it's not real, so I can cope with that disappointment early if that's the case. That's why I'm arguing in favor of it, because I'm so convinced right now, I want someone to prove me wrong with something ACTUALLY convincing, not "but it's blurry" or "I interpreted Sakurai's words as this, so it has to be fake," or "this leaker said it's fake, therefore I believe them."

Give me REAL proof, something that can convince me this isn't legit so I can quell my hype. Because thus far, every attempt to debunk it has only strenghened the leak, and exposed all those who've been leading us on pretending to have "insider info."

Last edited by a moderator:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
o dang

i play lysandre's trump card

YESSSSSSSSS! Did you play Pyre? I'm hoping you enjoy your replay of Transistor! They're wonderful people. I've met them in person.
Thanks! That's really cool! I'd love Kid or Red in smash (just check my sig haha, I made the Kid support thread.) Haven't played Pyre yet, that's their newest game right?

D

Deleted member

Then why do Spawn Wave and SourceGaming get to be guaranteed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No leak is guaranteed, yes, but it's really convincing. Ken is also an obvious choice. It's not 100%, but if he's in, we can use him to see if this new leak is real or not.
There's a clear difference between those two, and you know it. Source Gaming would WISH they'd have the streak John has right now.

There's at this point two statements Spawn Wave have made:
1. There's one more character
2. The mural leak is fake

The latter can be iffy and he said he'd give it as his own opinion, which can mean a lot of things, but him saying there's another character out of nowhere like usual no doubt has merit.

At this point, it might be Sora, which correlates to all the months he's said there'll be a Game Awards reveal for Ultimate DLC and him "guessing" Sora so much. Keyword is "might", because he still doesn't knowthe character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
These boots were made for mockin',
and that's just what we'll do.
give me literally almost any other belmont

"oh but you wouldn't have wanted captain N belmont" oh yes I would have over this trash design.

edit: for the record since Fenriraga Fenriraga is holding a gun to my head, I am only talking about simon's designs

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the insiders know everything, this is a MOUNTAIN of evidence suggesting this is real - even Gamexplain did a horrible job trying to show this was fake, and Mr. Nintendo did an equally poor job trying to disprove it. Why would someone do all of this work, also work on a brand new grinch render of all things, put their job inadvertently on the line due to this? Theres also "Chadondorf"'s leak (not sure if discussed) that matches up with this to a tee and that was posted on 4chan late September as a comment, not even it's own thread. I think Sourcegaming, Gamexplain, Resetera, etc.. are going to eat a LOT of crow here.

Edit: not to mention, this wasn't even SUPPOSED to leak, it was taken from a video on snapchat, and the guy's linkedin profile had existed for quite a while before being deleted upon this discovery. Insiders got the ESRB leak wrong, and they've gotten this wrong too.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wow, I sure picked one heck of a day off to take care of doctor and dentist appointments!

If this leak is true, then we've got a lot to look forward to. If it isn't, then at least it's going to prove to be memorable for this game's speculation cycle. I'm leaning towards fake, but only very, very slightly, and mostly I'm waiting for the direct to confirm and/or deny this.
That’s where I am

I’m assuming fake so I don’t break out in saddness and brace for impact

But I’m more on the real side since this is that point of when the roster could be leaked

Either way it was a great leak to speculate

Iridium

Smash Hero
OH, Zinith Zinith !!! You might have a lot of scrolling to do, because we somehow covered over 100 pages in pretty little time overall.

Last edited:
I don’t want it true for the characters

I want it true to just end arguements and everyone can just enjoy super smash brothers ultimate for whatever it is.

this leak has the best shot so far of being are ESRB leak of smash bros ultimate
People are going to complain anyway so don't worry about that.

You will still have saltlords bitter and whinging about certain inclusions, thats the interwebz for you.

It would be great for some of these forgotten characters to be "paid their dues" and even more fan favourites gettiing in, it would truly be ultimate.

My general consensus is being hopeful rather than expectant and thats held good stead through many Smash speculation periods.

Let it all play out, sit back and enjoy the ride! Toot toot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom