• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I feel like I'm such an impasse, I want it to be real, but my heart of hearts just won't believe.
You and me man lol. The saying "if it's too good to be true, then it's not" has never rung as true as it is now.

Chrono.

I don't really see any evidence in it's favour, I just see evidence proving that this guy exists.
On the other hand, most of the evidence against it is grasping for straws as well.

I think people just need to temper their expectations, a direct is likely in 2 weeks, it isn't like the ESRB leak where that was the last huge concrete piece of info we got before launch.
I'm not leaning hard on either side at the moment, I just think the circumstances behind the current leak are pretty hilarious/unusual in general.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
^ This.

Let's not forget, folks like GameXplain like getting free review copies from Nintendo and stuff. They're not gonna fuel leak fire and risk getting on Nintendo's bad side.
They did talk about ESRB leak back in the day, so I don't think they're just saying its fake just to not get blacklisted. They probably just don't buy it.

D

Deleted member

I can't believe that I live in a world where the freaking Grinch of all things is assoicated with a Smash leak.

We truly live in the strangest timeline.

D

Deleted member

there you go. support capitalism. or just buy it used because **** team bondi

what are you playing before then? Armello's great if you like Multiplayer games. Some Touhou, Rhythm Heaven, or Legend of Heroes are all great choices too. Darkest Dungeon if you need to yell at something and you like a horror aesthetic.
I've played enough Darkest Dungeon to last me a lifetime, both on Switch and PC. And aside from my current go-tos of Monster Hunter and WoW, Lethal League Blaze comes out today too, so I'll be playing that with friends.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Just looked up this Spawn Wave guy and I'm already wondering why some people are taking his word. There's no way this dude is the deciding factor in whether or not this leak is real.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Honestly, this leak is what we deserve. I've just been starving for an interesting leak that looks good and is hard to debunk.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Just looked up this Spawn Wave guy and I'm already wondering why some people are taking his word. There's no way this dude is the deciding factor in whether or not this leak is real.
He's definitely not the deciding factor. Though, it would also be interesting to see what he has to say, what he presents. I'm intently curious, to say the least.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I blame you for all this. Isn't that cage a Medieval French torture device?

The Collector said:
Stick your face a little closer to the cage, I can't hear you.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
i don’t know if this has been pointed out but Roy’s foot (normally covered by Megaman) and Greninja’s tongue (normally covered by Snake) are shown in the leaked banner. Leading to more credence to the leak of course.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I operate under the assumption that someone working on this is not a 20-something millennial who doesn't know how the internet works. The leak can be real for all I care, but I don't want to accept people in this line of work are that stupid.
Ha! Having a degree in a very qualified field doesn't mean you have common sense or no moments of weakness. Snapchat deletes the snap after a while. If he sent it to a trusted person, there's the weakness. He thought the way snapchat worked would save him from it spreading. Sadly, this trustworthy person had other ideas.

All theoretical, of course.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Again, without video evidence. Even then it's not guaranteed.
Then why do Spawn Wave and SourceGaming get to be guaranteed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No leak is guaranteed, yes, but it's really convincing. Ken is also an obvious choice. It's not 100%, but if he's in, we can use him to see if this new leak is real or not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Team Spawn Wave
Team Grinch
Team Vergeben
Team Arizona Green Tea

Pick your side
Team Grinch all the way, after all I coined the term "Grinch Leak." Also, someone link me that Spawn Wave video if it's up, I wanna hear what he says.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Ha! Having a degree in a very qualified field doesn't mean you have common sense or no moments of weakness. Snapchat deletes the snap after a while. If he sent it to a trusted person, there's the weakness. He thought the way snapchat worked would save him from leaking.

All theoretical, of course.
i play exodia

i win

What's next now? Wreck-It-Ralph and Instagram?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You sound mad.
why would i be

Shantae or Steve supporter?
not particularly but why so specific?

There's no way it's fake, so get used to it would be my advice.
"There's no way it's fake", Mewtwo circa 2007
"There's no way it's fake", Rayman circa 2015
"There's no way it's fake", Springman/Decidueye circa 2017

There are plenty of ways for it to be fake, you can't just think of one or think someone can't take the time to craft it.

D

Deleted member

Im just questioning myself, Why would Sakurai pick the Classic Design of Mach Rider instead of the one he used for Melee's Trophy? It seems weird to me to put such level of detail and re-imagining on a trophy of a character that is not even playable (at least Pit looked more like he did in his Instruction Manual Artwork with the only difference him beign taller) and yet when he puts him in the game he just goes back to the original one.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
These last 12 hours have been the most fun I've had reading speculation for any Smash game ever. No matter which way this leak goes, proven or false, this next month is going to be legendary and really solidifies my drive to get good at this game. This community is amazing.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
That’s just it

He claims it’s fake and he’s creditable yes

But that doesn’t mean he’s always right

As a matter of fact his evidence will be a week or two

He tricked us in a way that’s just the direct and if theres a character missing why is he in a way refusing to tell us who that character is?

Iridium

Smash Hero
Honestly, this leak is what we deserve. I've just been staving for an interesting leak that looks good and is hard to debunk.
I guess, but if this is in fact fake...then ouch to a lot of supporters, at the moment of course.

But I would love a playable Mach Rider for sure any day.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Then why do Spawn Wave and SourceGaming get to be guaranteed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No leak is guaranteed, yes, but it's really convincing. Ken is also an obvious choice. It's not 100%, but if he's in, we can use him to see if this new leak is real or not.
There a difference with being "Guaranteed" and having serious sources to back it up.

Like legit, this leak is a hellfest, it's literally every insiders ever vs the community

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Im just questioning myself, Why would Sakurai pick the Classic Design of Mach Rider instead of the one he used for Melee's Trophy? It seems weird to me to put such level of detail and re-imagining on a trophy of a character that is not even playable (at least Pit looked more like he did in his Instruction Manual Artwork with the only difference him beign taller) and yet when he puts him in the game he just goes back to the original one.
idk

why would the dev team pick worst belmont design

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
ooh have you ever played it before?

you're in for a good time. If it's your first SuperGiant game, well, you're in for an especially good time.
Beat it a couple years back, then got and beat Bastion recently. I never experienced Bastion before so when they announced BOTH for the switch I was elated. Supergiant's a ****ing awesome dev that pours so much love into all their products and I wanted to double dip on Transistor to support them :)

Untouch

Smash Master
The best part of the Palutena leak is that it was crystal clear.
It wasn't some blurry snapchat photo, they didn't even need to do that, still no one could debunk it.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Dang, this is a lot more entertaining to watch than the ESRB leak was imo. For that it just seemed like a lot of people were just in denial (tho there were a fair amount of seemingly inconsistencies), but here it's a lot more of a toss up over whether it's real or fake. Kudos to you, Eric something-something-french-last-name. I'm gonna just stay in the middle because it seems picking sides is kinda foolish here.

Legit tho if this is confirmed fake by the Direct opening up with reveals for Incineroar or Steve Mineycrafta, I'll fall into a deep depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom