• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There's two reasons why I have trouble believing the leak, and neither of them have anything to do with concrete evidence that contradicts it.

For starters, this leak suggests 5 unique characters (Banjo, Geno, Issac, CKs, and Biker). For those of you who've been counting, we have 5 unique newcomers announced so far. That means that in about a month's time, we'll have to double the number of uniques we currently have.

The second reason why I doubt this leak - and I suppose it's not really a good reason to doubt something - is because it's way too good to be true. Banjo, Geno, and Isaac all mashed together in one Direct, with plenty of other characters revealed in between? I don't believe it.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Then why do Spawn Wave and SourceGaming get to be guaranteed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No leak is guaranteed, yes, but it's really convincing. Ken is also an obvious choice. It's not 100%, but if he's in, we can use him to see if this new leak is real or not.
They aren't, and to be frank, I don't like SourceGaming.

I find this leak convincing, but I do not claim it to be true. Never assume.

As for Ken, what makes him so likely? And don't give me that gaming history nonsense. For Smash to be about gaming as a whole, it would need a lot more than is feasible unless you believe the vast majority of gaming history is solely Nintendo's doing. Plus, even as recent as Simon's trailer they did the Smash Brother X Castlevania thing. They are guests.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I joined Smash speculation on Gamefaqs back when the ESRB leak was a thing, so it's kinda fun tk see all this activity come up because of a simple blurry art leak.

As for my stance? Would like it to be real but I'm too lazy to do the research so I'll just remain neutral

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Ha! Having a degree in a very qualified field doesn't mean you have common sense or no moments of weakness. Snapchat deletes the snap after a while. If he sent it to a trusted person, there's the weakness. He thought the way snapchat worked would save him from it spreading. Sadly, this trustworthy person had other ideas.

All theoretical, of course.
This all sounds like that one highschool girl who sends naked photos to her boyfriend over the phone thinking they wouldn't come back to bite her in the ass. This person sends a snap to a friend with his name in it and the friend happens to do a poor job at covering it up before leaking it to the internet. Everything is done in such a way as to lead us somewhere, like this person's supposed LinkedIn account, to convince us it's real.

The ESRB leak had no such trail. It just appeared with no explanation. So did the Ken leak. The likelihood of this all being calculated is higher than the assumption that "this person is just an idiot with a jerkoff friend."

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
There's a clear difference between those two, and you know it. Source Gaming would WISH they'd have the streak John has right now.

There's at this point two statements Spawn Wave have made:
1. There's one more character
2. The mural leak is fake

The latter can be iffy and he said he'd give it as his own opinion, which can mean a lot of things, but him saying there's another character out of nowhere like usual no doubt has merit.

At this point, it might be Sora, which correlates to all the months he's said there'll be a Game Awards reveal for Ultimate DLC and him "guessing" Sora so much. Keyword is "might", because he still doesn't knowthe character.
I have no idea why it's so impossible that maybe, just maybe, Incineroar is DLC and their source missed that?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
What if everyone is a insider and we just haven't realized that Sakurai is our personal best friend yet?

If it is, it's working.
This is just a cover up. I already know that you and BKupa666 BKupa666 are Sakurai. How else would I be an insider?
Wow, this thread got busy. Guess the Grinch leak livened things up :yoshi:
Zinith, all of the characters are actually Yoshi echoes.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I don't think the insiders know everything, this is a MOUNTAIN of evidence suggesting this is real - even Gamexplain did a horrible job trying to show this was fake, and Mr. Nintendo did an equally poor job trying to disprove it. Why would someone do all of this work, also work on a brand new grinch render of all things, put their job inadvertently on the line due to this? Theres also "Chadondorf"'s leak (not sure if discussed) that matches up with this to a tee and that was posted on 4chan late September as a comment, not even it's own thread. I think Sourcegaming, Gamexplain, Resetera, etc.. are going to eat a LOT of crow here.
Wait, was that ACTUALLY in September?! ****, that matches up with the "image leak that was looked over", even if it wasn't an image leak.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't even know what you just said.
Maybe?
A #TeamFake argument is that this leaker could have designed fake Grinch renders (which, LOL) to make himself look like a credible company employee.

I think it'd be really funny to see what their argument becomes if those Grinch renders start showing up for real, at movie theaters and grocery stores and stuff. And they'd forever be associated with this "Grinch Leak," which probably is not what Illumination wants in marketing its movie.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
I think it's worth keeping in mind that this is NOT how the final graphic will likely end up looking on the smash website. This is being made by a graphic designer at the marketing team. If it's real, it's likely he doesn't really have to worry about
idk

why would the dev team pick worst belmont design
You're right, they should've gone with the best design.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
They aren't, and to be frank, I don't like SourceGaming.

I find this leak convincing, but I do not claim it to be true. Never assume.

As for Ken, what makes him so likely? And don't give me that gaming history nonsense. For Smash to be about gaming as a whole, it would need a lot more than is feasible unless you believe the vast majority of gaming history is solely Nintendo's doing. Plus, even as recent as Simon's trailer they did the Smash Brother X Castlevania thing. They are guests.
Literally the first gaming Echo should be enough, no?

Graizen

Smash Champion
There's two reasons why I have trouble believing the leak, and neither of them have anything to do with concrete evidence that contradicts it.

For starters, this leak suggests 5 unique characters (Banjo, Geno, Issac, CKs, and Biker). For those of you who've been counting, we have 5 unique newcomers announced so far. That means that in about a month's time, we'll have to double the number of uniques we currently have.

The second reason why I doubt this leak - and I suppose it's not really a good reason to doubt something - is because it's way too good to be true. Banjo, Geno, and Isaac all mashed together in one Direct, with plenty of other characters revealed in between? I don't believe it.
5 unique characters to Hype the game? It's good.

And its the characters people most wanted, just like Ridley.
Some months ago people said "Ridley is to good to be true"

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
give me literally almost any other belmont

"oh but you wouldn't have wanted captain N belmont" oh yes I would have over this trash design.

edit: for the record since @Fenriraga is holding a gun to my head, I am only talking about simon's designs
Just do what I'm doing and keep praying they'll include Chronicles Simon as an alt costume some point down the line.

D

Deleted member

I have no idea why it's so impossible that maybe, just maybe, Incineroar is DLC and their source missed that?
The thing is, Spawn has said his sources aren't Incineroar. He knows 100% for sure there's one more character, so he might drop that info in the Rumor Wave while he's giving his opinion, thus inadvertently keeping the streak going by just a hair.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Well reminder though

The 8/8 smash direct had 5 characters revealed

A minor thing could reveal 2 then the last smash direct has the other 5

D

Deleted member

I don't know why some people are looking at the possibility of us getting 5 more unique characters are heresy.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
This, all I want is for someone to prove this fake tbh. Someone to convince me it's not real, so I can cope with that disappointment early if that's the case. That's why I'm arguing in favor of it, because I'm so convinced right now, I want someone to prove me wrong with something ACTUALLY convincing, not "but it's blurry" or "I interpreted Sakurai's words as this, so it has to be fake," or "this leaker said it's fake, therefore I believe them."

Give me REAL proof, something that can convince me this isn't legit so I can quell my hype. Because thus far, every attempt to debunk it has only strenghened the leak, and exposed all those who've been leading us on pretending to have "insider info."
The problem with that is the lack of detail. It's been shown (in this thread) that characters can be convincingly erased from their positions.

The Grinch renders are what will make or break it. If they start showing up, it's real. If they don't then there's nothing saying that the creator can't make a convincing Grinch image. After all, we do have this:

DqTTskZXcAIStxM.jpg large.jpg

So until I see the updated banner I'm 50/50.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
This, all I want is for someone to prove this fake tbh. Someone to convince me it's not real, so I can cope with that disappointment early if that's the case. That's why I'm arguing in favor of it, because I'm so convinced right now, I want someone to prove me wrong with something ACTUALLY convincing, not "but it's blurry" or "I interpreted Sakurai's words as this, so it has to be fake," or "this leaker said it's fake, therefore I believe them."

Give me REAL proof, something that can convince me this isn't legit so I can quell my hype. Because thus far, every attempt to debunk it has only strenghened the leak, and exposed all those who've been leading us on pretending to have "insider info."
Your hype scales are off the charts!
Ok let's assume that the leak is real and all of those characters get in
But who will be DLC if there are no fan favorites left?
Other fan favourites like Bandana Waddle Dee, Dixie Kong, Rex & Pyra and Spring Man, or other third parties like Agumon, Nightmare, Heihachi, Tails, Tifa, Sephiroth, Phoenix Wright etc etc.

Noipoi

Howdy!
The thing is, Spawn has said his sources aren't Incineroar. He knows 100% for sure there's one more character, so he might drop that info in the Rumor Wave while he's giving his opinion, thus inadvertently keeping the streak going by just a hair.
Oh...
I guess that's it then...

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Hm, one more character of this leak or one more character in Smash Ultimate roster? I am really confused here.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Ok let's assume that the leak is real and all of those characters get in
But who will be DLC if there are no fan favorites left?
Other characters will move up the ladder and take the space previously occupied by Geno, Banjo etc. Looking at the fan reaction, Waluigi looks like he'll be one of them as does BWD.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Just do what I'm doing and keep praying they'll include Chronicles Simon as an alt costume some point down the line.
Maybe Sakurai might have an alt similar (not the exact same, though) to that design for Simon? We still haven't seen all of them yet. Chronicles design definitely would be great to actually have, though.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Wait, was that ACTUALLY in September?! ****, that matches up with the "image leak that was looked over", even if it wasn't an image leak.
How did I not notice that.

I have a theory about this leak, actually. It's pretty clear that these materials are already finalized and printed. What if the snap was taken in September, the screenshot was taken then as well, but the screenshot was only released just recently? It would make sense with what Spawn Wave thinks (he says there's one more character, and he thinks this is fake, but he clearly isn't sure) and it would fit with what the group of ResetEra edgelords have said as well.

Where was the screenshot originally posted, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom