• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I have read conflicting statements on this. Is it true or not?
It's true that the LinkedIn traced back to him works with Bandai Namco, but Bandai Namco isn't the one in charge of publishing and promotion. Nintendo is.

Also we don't know if the LinkedIn guy is, in fact, the guy who made this leak. Could be an intentional red herring.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I don't know what this tweet could mean, but apparently we'll know something come a week's time.

Take it how you will.

So he actually doesn't know if it's fake? So basically he's like most people in this thread...kek

D

Deleted member

I just hope this is not like the Ken image where we got something and then it just stopped. I don't care if it's fake, i just want something interesing to talk about.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
UH OH. WE GOT OURSELVES A GOOD ONE.

This was exactly what I was saying when I said it didn't look like he was supporting it :/

The number of insiders coming out against it is the biggest thorn in the leak imo. This late in the game I'm not sure we'd have this many contradictions.

So when's that rumor wave video coming out?
Tl;dr: it could be faked by a talented leaker. Anyone with half a brain knows this. Short of a smoking gun, the point is believability and scale/effort required. These large accounts that get treated with such gravitas are annoying. Nothing more to add than anyone here.
This. I usually like the stuff from the folks at Source Gaming, but he didn't bring up anything that hasn't been said here a million times (heck I think @Shishœ has given better evidence).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I might have to assume real until I see some hard evidence that can debunk it

I mean this is definately ESRB all over again this is what the forums looked like when it was first leaked

Like character poses
Less blurry photo and The renders look off

Stuff like that and more

So far I’m going to assum8gn everything thrown won’t deconfirm it until the next echo or character 69 pops up

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
idk who Spawn Wave is and no one has any interest in anyone here to asks, which leads me to assume he isn't that important.
I've been answering that question like 3-5 time but you seems to skip it lmao

SpawnWave leaked the Catherine Remake, Google getting into Gaming, SMBU Deluxe , September early direct, Nintendo Fall Lineup and tonight the Trine 4 game was announced which is something else they hinted to.

They also talk about a VGA announcement for smash, probably a DLC, and that in a Week or two, we get a Direct

That's just a quick rundown of stuff I remember, but what's important is that THIS YEAR, not a single one of their leaks/Rumor have been wrong

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Alright I'm coming back to team Arizona Green Tea. It just seems too good to be true, especially with how Sakruai is trying to temper out expectations. I really don't wanna go back to the pessimistic Kencineroar days though... ;_;

D

Deleted member

If we're picking teams, I wanna change my team. I'm no longer team neutral.

I'm Team "I just wanna play as the Inklings, man."

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
The only reasons we are able to decipher that these "insiders" even have to say it's fake is from an article one of them made is just "It has no Pokemon" and "Bandai's company wouldn't handle marketing materials" which are both so goddamn lame and dumb that it's not worth paying attention to.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Only one insider has really tried to take the leak down, and it's pretty flimsy ngl. His case basically rests on "anyone can edit photos and make **** up"

...sure, but that straight up ignores the entirely NEW parts of fighters we couldn't see before, nor the background of the image.

I think Spawn Wave is simply stirring the pot without coming down hard on either side just to not be seen as confirming or denying the leak. The fact that the insiders aren't all rushing to instantly disprove this but seem rather taken back by it is pretty telling to me. Nearly as I can tell, the leak doesn't corroborate with ALL the info they have, but they could not know of a lot of things...ie the entire rest of the roster. They may have known about Ken, they may have known about Geno, but they certainly didn't know about all of these.

D

Deleted member

Regardless, I'm tempted to post a certain image of a certain shrugging U.S. president due to this leak being real meaning Vergeben is wrong, but I don't want to be derided by either party.
Nothing wrong with Trumposting. Regardless of how people might feel about him personally, at least the memes are funny.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
honestly a lot of time has passed i will be surprised if this is deemed officially fake

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think I got the gist of the leak now. Disappointed because there's no Elma, but there's always DLC.

Geno, Shadow, Isaac and Banjo though? Hell yes.

I'm neutral for now. Leaning towards real.

Now to play... the waiting game.
The waiting game sucks, let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright I'm coming back to team Arizona Green Tea. It just seems too good to be true, especially with how Sakruai is trying to temper out expectations. I really don't wanna go back to the pessimistic Kencineroar days though... ;_;
What's team Green Tea? I'm on the side of **** everything in the image/video except the Grinch, but I'm open to changing sides.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Alright, so I'll help you out. Here has been Spawn Wave's streak, then. To point out, he also knew about all of Nintendo's fall-line up in various multiple videos, but I can't for the life of me find one with his daily uploads, but here's a few highlights.

December 17th, 2017 - He put out a video marking out the rumors of Atlus' Catherine series making a return. Turns out, that was real with Catherine: Full Body.
https://youtu.be/PilH68rDHCY

June 28th, 2018 - He put out a video marking out the rumors of Google dipping their toes into the gaming industry and cloud-based technology. That ended up being true MONTHS later with Project Steam, a prospect where you can play games like Assassin's Creed Odyssey on your Google Chrome browser.
https://youtu.be/YB3WQLTDHcg

August 16th, 2018 - He put out a video marking out the rise of all the rumors about a port of New Super Mario Bros. U. The thing is, he knew about all of this before people like Liam Robertson did. Turns out, that was real with New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.
https://youtu.be/mq9pLaLIZbQ

August 23rd / 24th, 2018 - He put out back to back videos marking out the Smash Ultimate Switch Bundle being leaked out on a French website. Of course, this was confirmed in this year's September Direct. Then, another video pointing out the rumors of Xbox selling their customers Xbox Ones like how you contract your phones. That ended up being real, too.
https://youtu.be/dFhdRljGwD0
https://youtu.be/Scdjx-a_esE

September 3rd, 2018 - He put out a video marking out the rumors of an early Nintendo Direct in September. This was very much confirmed during one of his SpawnCast broadcasts when someone hinted at it, and turns out, that ended up being real.
https://youtu.be/YP4ku2f4qVg

With having a really good credibility status, was this any help at all? Because you can't ignore all the evidence because "it's a YouTuber".
Question that's pertinent to this: Has he gotten anything wrong? He becomes significantly less credible if his track record is hit & miss.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm pretty sure if it had evidence it wouldn't have fell into obscurity as easily as, y'know, a box.
It never fell into obscurity and it's never been disproved. It's just boring to talk about.

I'm still 100% convinced of The Box (hallowed be thy name), but talking about other leaks is way more fun. At this point, my only genuine hope is that the last newcomer is someone other than Incineroar.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I am going to stay team box. It took me a really long time to make that CSS. I am not giving it up that easy.

D

Deleted member

Only one insider has really tried to take the leak down, and it's pretty flimsy ngl. His case basically rests on "anyone can edit photos and make **** up"

...sure, but that straight up ignores the entirely NEW parts of fighters we couldn't see before, nor the background of the image.

I think Spawn Wave is simply stirring the pot without coming down hard on either side just to not be seen as confirming or denying the leak. The fact that the insiders aren't all rushing to instantly disprove this but seem rather taken back by it is pretty telling to me. Nearly as I can tell, the leak doesn't corroborate with ALL the info they have, but they could not know of a lot of things...ie the entire rest of the roster. They may have known about Ken, they may have known about Geno, but they certainly didn't know about all of these.
Not to mention that it should be more than obvious to people by now that Nintendo's obviously been spreading fake leaks by now to not only spot moles, but also cause confusion among people over what the final roster will be to deter any real leaks. Thus, it's not unforeseeable that any youtubber that's on Nintendo's payroll in some form like GameXplain and Spawn Wave are gonna try to damage control in some way.

D

Deleted member

I think the reason Spawn is walking on eggshells with this is because you guys have to remember that he also gets products from Nintendo every now and then. With something of this magnitude, he also has to speak VERY carefully so that his relations with them aren't sullied.

Who is Spawn Wave?

Seriously getting tired of asking this question...
Many other people posted my list, sorry I couldn't get to you, on mobile please dont hurt

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
You know what's great? It's how no one realized the company he is supposed to work with actually doesn't work for Illumination Studio or NBC who make the Grinch movie, or even ****ing Nintendo for that matters, since Bandai Namco doesn't publish the game, they also doesn't take part in the marketing of the game.

D

Deleted member

You know what's great? It's how no one realized the company he is supposed to work with actually doesn't work for Illumination Studio or NBC who make the Grinch movie, or even ****ing Nintendo for that matters, since Bandai Namco doesn't publish the game, they also doesn't take part in the marketing of the game.
Please correct me on this, but wasn't Universal one of the contacts the company has? Universal owns Illumination, and both Universal and NBC are owned by Comcast.

Everything else checks out.

D

Deleted member

Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom