• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Whether Vergeben is 1 person or 10 I don't see how it matters in the slightest.

At the end of the day he/they are still telling us what they know from the various sources they have.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm seriously going to look back at the chaos created by these "leaks" when Ultimate comes out, and think to myself "What if we had not seen these at all? Where did we go wrong?", because the tension and arguing caused just by them is insane. Today has been fine though, I guess.

D

Deleted member

Whether Vergeben is 1 person or 10 I don't see how it matters in the slightest.

At the end of the day he/they are still telling us what they know from the various sources they have.
Though, it kinda does matter. Outside of Smash, they have a terrible track record, so who will we get our next info from? The guy who's in the know about Smash, or the one who got stuff about MVCI wrong? That's where the concern is, really.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
picture this

the smash ball appears, and then the trailer starts
the screen is black and you hear
"Hey, you. You're finally awake. You were trying to cross the border, right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us, and that thief over there."

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Imran?

I remember seeing a message of his, saying "Maybe Sakurai doesn't want Geno?" or something.

I guess he was just speculating, because as if he knows what Sakurai is feeling; Sakurai has even expressed interest in Geno and how he get's a lot of requests. Plus, if the Square Enix thing about how harsh they are with leaks is true, it's unlikely he'd know anything about characters who are not in the game, nor who the SE character even is. Even if his source was from Nintendo, how would they know who isn't in the game unless they have a complete build and they're not just a play-tester? Sounds like a stretch, and even so, Geno could be in a Mewtwo situation if he isn't in base, but he probably would be in base.

Anyway, so Vergeben may be an Amalgamate...

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Why is it so hard for some folks to wait to hear official confirmation from Ninty or Sakurai alone?

Those should be the only sources to be trusted in the end.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
As someone already said.

If Verge is really 13 cats in a housecoat posting leaks on the internet.

These are the smartest housecats in the land because they're able to put on the facade that they're all one human being very well.

They legit all type as if they're the same person because personality traits and the way they speak? Don't really change that much if at all from post to post.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why is it so hard for some folks to wait to hear official confirmation from Ninty or Sakurai alone?

The same reason we can't all just take a nap till December 7th.
We're bored and we need stuff to talk bout, shaky or not.

Shroob

Sup?

Because there's less than two months to go, and when we're left to our own devices, we start thinking that plastic, multicolored chairs mean something.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Though, it kinda does matter. Outside of Smash, they have a terrible track record, so who will we get our next info from? The guy who's in the know about Smash, or the one who got stuff about MVCI wrong? That's where the concern is, really.
I get that, but he's been pretty consistent on his Smash sources/info since the original "Ridley, Simon, no Smash 4 cuts, Snake and Icies returning" leak. If he starts randomly saying "Oh guys Sora/Dante/other third party is in 100%" then we should be wary.

I'd argue that "terrible" isn't very fair to him, as most of the stuff he got wrong he either admitted to trusting faulty sources or was confirmed by others "in the know" to be in the works but cancelled (MvCI Uncanny edition). He's been much better at that recently,

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I either missed a lot or I missed a lot of nothing.

I can't tell.

D

Deleted member

"We are many, you are but one."

Vergeben is Ermac confirmed.

Which means he's also Scorpion. Which means he's also Sub-Zero. Which means he's also Reptile. And Smoke. And Rain.

He really is 6 people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Is the Vergeben talk cause something got leaked (other than the Mahvel thing) or are we just memeing....

Because the obvious reality of who Vergeben was in his name the whole time

Shroob

Sup?
As dickish as it is to day, this community 'needs' **** like leaks to guide it.

Look what happens when we don't.

Chairs!

Music!

Box and Blog!

And then of course, even WITH the existence of Source Gaming, we get "Well Sakurai said..." thing he never said or "Well we can't do x because y"

Maybe I'm just a ****ter, but I actually LIKE how leaks more or less tailor everyone's expectations.

I don't 'want' a surprise, I just want to play the damn game.

D

Deleted member

I get that, but he's been pretty consistent on his Smash sources/info since the original "Ridley, Simon, no Smash 4 cuts, Snake and Icies returning" leak. If he starts randomly saying "Oh guys Sora/Dante/other third party is in 100%" then we should be wary.

I'd argue that "terrible" isn't very fair to him, as most of the stuff he got wrong he either admitted to trusting faulty sources or was confirmed by others "in the know" to be in the works but cancelled (MvCI Uncanny edition). He's been much better at that recently,
Uncanny Edition... Sigh, CAPCOM JUST RE-RELEASE TATSUNOKO AND UMVC3 ON THE SWITCH, **** ME, MAN.

Now hold on, wasn't it just some anonymous 4chan user that said that? I don't think we've ever got confirmation that they were the 4chan user that leaked info back at E3. At this point, this definitely is the most weirdest curveball out of the bunch. Hell, lately it's been a whole curveball with Loz and Mimique being outed. Again, it's very much needed to point out they didn't say that Ken and Incineroar are the last two, so there's still room to speculate outside of this Verge-Circle, but this is definitely some good popcorn-eating material.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Leaked picture of Vergeben:

"My name is Vergeben, for we are many."

Uncanny Edition... Sigh, CAPCOM JUST RE-RELEASE TATSUNOKO AND UMVC3 ON THE SWITCH, **** ME, MAN.

Now hold on, wasn't it just some anonymous 4chan user that said that? I don't think we've ever got confirmation that they were the 4chan user that leaked info back at E3. At this point, this definitely is the most weirdest curveball out of the bunch. Hell, lately it's been a whole curveball with Loz and Mimique being outed. Again, it's very much needed to point out they didn't say that Ken and Incineroar are the last two, so there's still room to speculate outside of this Verge-Circle, but this is definitely some good popcorn-eating material.
Nah he definitely said it, I'll edit this post later when I get a link but it was up on gamefaqs.

EDIT: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-switch/76614511

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I'm firmly in the "want leaks" camp. Keeps me from going wild in speculation/angst and lets me know what to expect.

For those who don't, stay off of Smashboards areas which have clear leak warnings. I can sympathize with not wanting to be spoiled, but I personally only care about spoilers when there's story details involved. For games like Smash I'd rather know up front everything that's coming.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So now I'm hearing Verge is actually six separate individuals leaking material from over 18 different sources?

...Never a boring day on Smashboards.

Oh good...Ash Greninja...one of the dumbest things Pokemon ever did...
At the very least, it's nice to see the anime get referenced in such a big way. Not what I wanted (because anime Greninja is overrated as heck), but I'll take it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
As dickish as it is to day, this community 'needs' **** like leaks to guide it.

Look what happens when we don't.

Chairs!

Music!

Box and Blog!

And then of course, even WITH the existence of Source Gaming, we get "Well Sakurai said..." thing he never said or "Well we can't do x because y"

Maybe I'm just a ****ter, but I actually LIKE how leaks more or less tailor everyone's expectations.

I don't 'want' a surprise, I just want to play the damn game.
I feel like Loz and Verg have done nothing but encourage box and chair theorists. Even when people pointed out that Verg's claim of a SE rep conflicted with Verg, he came out and said that they might be DLC.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So uh, yeah. I'm pretty sure Vergeben is one person.

It's interesting that...well, this community believes things from some sources almost instantly, but not from others. Not much else to say besides that.

To make this more Smash related, I hope that if they reveal Ken and Incineroar and they're the last two that they say, "These are the last 2 characters for base roster!" instead of leading people on until release to debate whether or not there are any other characters left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom