• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

As far as leaks go, I don't really care. If they happen, alright, I guess. If not, oh well, I usually prefer hearing about it when I'm supposed to anyways. To each their own, though.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
So uh, yeah. I'm pretty sure Vergeben is one person.

It's interesting that...well, this community believes things from some sources almost instantly, but not from others. Not much else to say besides that.

To make this more Smash related, I hope that if they reveal Ken and Incineroar and they're the last two that they say, "These are the last 2 characters for base roster!" instead of leading people on until release to debate whether or not there are any other characters left.
Even if they do, people are still gonna insist x character is gonna be revealed for base roster. :drshrug:

Look at the some of the Waluigi fans...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm firmly in the "want leaks" camp. Keeps me from going wild in speculation/angst and lets me know what to expect.

For those who don't, stay off of Smashboards areas which have clear leak warnings. I can sympathize with not wanting to be spoiled, but I personally only care about spoilers when there's story details involved. For games like Smash I'd rather know up front everything that's coming.
I feel the same way. Leaks allow me to set my expectations, and especially with some of Verge's, set them *waaaaaaaay* lower than I originally anticipated (though the Microsoft ones set them perhaps a tad too high tbh). I'm fine with knowing the characters--I'll know who they are eventually before the game comes out. It's the nitty gritty stuff like moves, alts, modes, etc that I'd rather be surprised when playing and not speculate too much on in advance, personally.

D

Deleted member

We did it! We've gone through chairs, boxes, and music, but now the greatest theory has arrived.

VERGEBEN THEORY

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Maybe Verg is actually a Bonneter, so he mind controlled multiple people at different times.
No one will ever find the real him, since he is a Bonneter so he looks like a hat.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So uh, yeah. I'm pretty sure Vergeben is one person.

It's interesting that...well, this community believes things from some sources almost instantly, but not from others. Not much else to say besides that.

To make this more Smash related, I hope that if they reveal Ken and Incineroar and they're the last two that they say, "These are the last 2 characters for base roster!" instead of leading people on until release to debate whether or not there are any other characters left.
I was waiting for you to swoop in and do this.

To which i say,

Vergeben is not only more than one person, he's the next newcomer.

D

Deleted member

We did it! We've gone through chairs, boxes, and music, but now the greatest theory has arrived.

VERGEBEN THEORY
I 1-up your theory, with an even better one.

Vergeben actually is Klaus the whole time, and we're now dealing with either a Zanza/Architect Klaus situation.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Vergeben is one person like almost certainly, the manner in which he speaks is consistent in every damn post.

But this burst of "Fake Verge" ****posting is some of the best laughs I've had in this thread in a while.

D

Deleted member

Does this mean we could get Vergeben's Theme in Smash?
JUST THIS SINGLE POST ALONE MAKES ME MAD AGAIN ABOUT HOW SHAFTED WE GOT FOR XENOBLADE MUSIC IN SMASH.
Can a brother be spared with Unfinished Battle? I'll legit take Alcamoth music. P l e a s e ?

IVE GOT BOXES FULL OF VERGEBEN

View attachment 169618
As much as I support Scott The Woz, I also inquire every single one of you to watch Always Sunny. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So, if you could have a Smash game released on the SNES, GameBoy Advance, or the Nintendo DS, which one of the three consoles would you choose?

D

Deleted member

JUST THIS SINGLE POST ALONE MAKES ME MAD AGAIN ABOUT HOW SHAFTED WE GOT FOR XENOBLADE MUSIC IN SMASH.
Can a brother be spared with Unfinished Battle? I'll legit take Alcamoth music. P l e a s e ?
I mean, I wouldn't say shafted, because we did get some of the best songs in the game, but I'm really hoping for more this time. IMO the only truly objectionable thing in regards to Xenoblade music in Smash 4 (outside of the potentially unfinished remixes) is the 20 seconds they cut out of Engage the Enemy for literally no reason.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Wow, I'm really enjoy this new Verg is more than one person meme. It's actually pretty funny.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You see, the Verg we've been seeing this whole time has actually been the Vergeben Core.
If we collect enough Verg Cells it'll transform into Vergeben 10%, Vergeben 50%, and eventually Complete Vergeben.
Perfect_Zygarde.png

D

Deleted member

Vergeben is one person like almost certainly, the manner in which he speaks is consistent in every damn post.
You don't understand, they have a single Vergeben PR person who does all the writing. That's why he's so consistent.

:4pacman:

D

Deleted member

If only the GI person said he was 7 people. Then we could have had the 7 Vergeben Emeralds.

We also could have had 7 Grand Verge.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
>Is gone for an hour
>Vergeben is now 18 people

What the **** did I miss? I want a full explanation, not an abridgment.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So, if you could have a Smash game released on the SNES, GameBoy Advance, or the Nintendo DS, which one of the three consoles would you choose?
I would go with the SNES. The idea of all of their respective art clashing is very appealing to me.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Guys, I used to be a part of Vergeben. I was the one saying we'd get a Square character. They misunderstood that when i said Square character, I meant square character, as in a character who is a square. They got super mad and kicked me out, which is why they've been quiet about the square character.

So yeah, Boxboy's getting in, guys.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Easy, DS...
That way, we could've gotten a bit more GBA representation.

Smash DS Roster (assuming the game was released in late 2006) :
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultfalcon::ultness::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultpit::ultwario:
:ultolimar::ultsonic:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, I wouldn't say shafted, because we did get some of the best songs in the game, but I'm really hoping for more this time. IMO the only truly objectionable thing in regards to Xenoblade music in Smash 4 (outside of the potentially unfinished remixes) is the 20 seconds they cut out of Engage the Enemy for literally no reason.
GOD, I remember that, too. Honestly, here's how they should've done Smash 4 music for Xenoblade.

Engage the Enemy (Remixed)
Engage the Enemy (Ported)
Gaur Plain (Day) (Remixed)
Gaur Plain (Day) (Ported)
Unfinished Battle (Remixed)
Zanza (Remixed)
The God-Slaying Sword (Ported)
You Will Know Our Names (Ported)
An Obstacle in Our Path (Ported)
Mechanical Rhythm (Ported)

If they had done this, I would've been SO happy. I really do hope with the roughly 900 song tracklist that the series gets it's fair share.

Potato_

Smash Lord
>Is gone for an hour

What the **** did I miss?
Vergeben is everyone, part of him is in you, and me, and everyone else in this thread.

(Imran said Vergeben was actually 6 people pulling info from multiple different sources)

Iridium

Smash Hero
You see, the Vergforce is known as a set of three forces that must never come together, or devastating results may destroy mankind. I would know. I tried...

The Vergforce of Wisdom, Courage and Power are too much for this world! However, there happens to be a duplicate that lurks behind one of us...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
>Is gone for an hour

What the **** did I miss? I want a full explanation, not an abridgment.
Literally just a ton of ****posting nobody is actually taking seriously (Except Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones felt like enough people were that he wanted to try to "correct people" about it I guess so I guess MAYBE someone musta been serious somewhere out there) brought about by the fact that someone (can't remember off the top of my head. GameInformer writer or something with maybe insider info I think? Could be someone else) suggested Verg was more than one person.

This is just my understanding of the situation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Vergeben is secretly Xehanort. He's six now, but he's slowly gathering vessels to create 13 clones of himself.

All to forge the X-Leak, so that he may summon Kingdom Leaks.

"I'm already half Vergeben!"

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Maybe Verg is actually a Bonneter, so he mind controlled multiple people at different times.
No one will ever find the real him, since he is a Bonneter so he looks like a hat.
So he’s basically Cappy?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Guys, Vergeben are the heros we need.
-Average Joe's
-Saving the world with information
-Gather together as ONE unit...

02_02.png
Team, Unit up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom