• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Can I just say that I think it's wild that people on here seem to actively anticipate when I'm going to just drop a comment on something. Like, people complimented me without mentioning me by name, have called me "teach", or just in general seem to appreciate my comments.

Like, Smash is one of my favorite things that I've always found solace in. No matter what life is like, I can always play Smash as some of my favorite characters. To be able to give insight and for others to appreciate it is pretty cool.

I may be busy with teaching and actually maintaining my career (and making renovations on my house of course), but I do really feel like I would like to do writing or...well, maybe something else in the Smash community. I've been a mod once. Maybe I could try that again? Who knows?

Actually, I'll probably just pull a 180 and start ****posting.

Anyway, sometimes I think you guys are nuts. Sometimes I question my own sanity based on what gets posted. But you know what? That's why I love coming here, because for all the "What the **** did I just read?" moments, there's some pretty great stuff too.

W-wait, I have to make it relevant to Smash? UH.....
Damn, this sounds like a proposal.
Sorry, though, I'm taken by my Fan-With-A-Wiimote-Strapped-Onto-It.

I don't know what I'm doing.png

But in all seriousness, same sentiments. Even if I portray Scott The Woz. c:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I only really visit this one thread so i wouldnt know about the korean spambot stuff but... does this mean D.Va confirmed for smash?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Can I just say that I think it's wild that people on here seem to actively anticipate when I'm going to just drop a comment on something. Like, people complimented me without mentioning me by name, have called me "teach", or just in general seem to appreciate my comments.

Like, Smash is one of my favorite things that I've always found solace in. No matter what life is like, I can always play Smash as some of my favorite characters. To be able to give insight and for others to appreciate it is pretty cool.

I may be busy with teaching and actually maintaining my career (and making renovations on my house of course), but I do really feel like I would like to do writing or...well, maybe something else in the Smash community. I've been a mod once. Maybe I could try that again? Who knows?

Actually, I'll probably just pull a 180 and start ****posting.

Anyway, sometimes I think you guys are nuts. Sometimes I question my own sanity based on what gets posted. But you know what? That's why I love coming here, because for all the "What the **** did I just read?" moments, there's some pretty great stuff too.

W-wait, I have to make it relevant to Smash? UH.....
I do believe I was the first to call you teach. And that shall never change, teach!
In all seriousness, we certainly hit a wall with all the 'expectations' we built for ourselves this last week. We are all certainly taking things at face value as oppose to doing the research to properly back things.

You know what they say, "There is method to madness". Ours is being thirsty and desperate. Lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smashboards의 새로운 방향에 따라 필자의 모든 텍스트가 한국어로 제공 될 것입니다.

/s.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
To be fair, you have an essay on every topic regardless of people actually believing in it, it's hard not to expect you.

Not a bad thing. Rather entertaining/nice for people like me who are pretty much watching the thread like a soap opera, a distance away from the devolving
into particular arguments.
In fact, he posts his paragraphs so regularly, I have calculated their tendencies and the topics of their post over a course of 4 months to accurately predict when and what he will post next.

I call it: "Jones Theory"
To be honest...it's not like I have these paragraphs pre-written, I kinda just respond on the spot. That's typically why my comments sometimes have typos in there lol.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Uh... I can't believe that some people don't have basic reading comprehension from the looks of it

The guy just says that Vergeben get information from people who also get information from others people.

Basically it's not "at the source" of the info.

Also Ain't that guy the one who said that "Maybe Sakurai doesn't want Geno anymore?"
While I'm not taking it too seriously, I think Imran meant that it actually is multiple people, as he followed up here:
I did some research into it when information that was previously only available in small circles got posted. Then I took note of when some other information that came to me from a source stopped coming from him as well. And then there were some things the account posted that were straight up wrong and I tracked down where they came from and who those people gave that information to.
That being said, I'm not sure how this changes much, as I'm pretty sure the one posting Smash leaks is the same guy. It would explain why he's gotten Smash stuff right, and a lot of other things wrong.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To be honest...it's not like I have these paragraphs pre-written, I kinda just respond on the spot. That's typically why my comments sometimes have typos in there lol.
I'm positive we'll be able to mine who the next newcomer is out of your posts.

We just have to match the typo patterns...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's funny and all but you might wanna stop doing that before a mod finds out you've been up to some hangul shenanigans.
Alright, alright. I'll drop the whole "Wowzers, his text is different for the memez!" joke. Probabbly will get old anyways.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Alright, alright. I'll drop the whole "Wowzers, his text is different for the memez!" joke. Probabbly will get old anyways.
Just looking out for you.
Worst case scenario, people might mistake the korean text as some kinda hint towards the direct date.

D

Deleted member

WARNING!
Alastor07.exe has stopped working

Would you like to restart?
[YES] [NO]
Die Korean bot!
I think he's just finally been infected with Vergeben.exe and has become one of us.
Nah, I'm just being funny with ya'll, seeing as how everyone was in a meme mood today :laugh:.
Just looking out for you.
Worst case scenario, people might mistake the korean text as some kinda hint towards the direct date.
Don't know why they'd think that, but okay then! If the mods seriously will drop the hammer on my ass if I keep this up I'll drop it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nah, I'm just being funny with ya'll, seeing as how everyone was in a meme mood today :laugh:.

Don't know why they'd think that, but okay then! If the mods seriously will drop the hammer on my *** if I keep this up I'll drop it.
It was a joke about how desperate people are to find hints.
No worries.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hello I am Vergeben and I have some freshly baked leaks for y'all:

Mario will have an unlockable 7 Grand Dad skin, and Fred Flintstone will be our first cartoon character. We're also getting Wurmple, Waluigi, Tingle, Spider-Man, and Phil Swift.

Sakurai's Cat will be a boss; he's been a bad kitty and needs a spankin'.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Mario will have an unlockable 7 Grand Dad skin, and Fred Flintstone will be our first 4th-party character. We're also getting Wurmple, Waluigi, Tingle, Spider-Man, and Phil Swift.

Only one man can do the spanking:

D

Deleted member

Oh, since The World Ends With You -Final Remix- is out, there's apparently a certain image in the game. Since it just came out, I'll put it in spoilers.

K2mVH1V.jpg

To be clear, this was already in the original game and has no meaning if any TWEWY content will be in Smash Bros. Just as a heads up before certain TOTALLY NOT CLICKBAIT videos pop up in your guys' recommendations.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Mario will have an unlockable 7 Grand Dad skin, and Fred Flintstone will be our first 4th-party character. We're also getting Wurmple, Waluigi, Tingle, Spider-Man, and Phil Swift.

The only leak worth listening to. Imma yabba dabba doo a lotta damage.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Oh, since The World Ends With You -Final Remix- is out, there's apparently a certain image in the game. Since it just came out, I'll put it in spoilers.

To be clear, this was already in the original game and has no meaning if any TWEWY content will be in Smash Bros. Just as a heads up before certain TOTALLY NOT CLICKBAIT videos pop up in your guys' recommendations.
In case it wasn't obvious enough,
neku.png
Now do ya see it?
Seriously though, Imagine if he was the Square Rep and not Geno or Sora? People would get ticked.
I really wouldn't mind him, because TWEWY Has some amazing Tracks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is it bad if I would actually be okay with Spider Man in Smash?
Yup this community has officially broken itself...
At least they're not altering their text or speaking in a different langue-oh.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

"LEAKED!!! Neku HINTED AT for Smash? also crash bandicoot hinted also maybe?"

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

4th party isn’t a thing. Non video game characters are still 3rd party.

NineS

Smash Lord

We know, we've already talked about this last night. I posted an image of it in the original to confirm it's not in the switch only. No worries. I mean, it definitely looks like the smash logo, but it has no connection otherwise.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Is there any reason to trust this Imran? Dude seems like a regular person making a guess to me.

Goes to show how desperate we are for something if we're latching on to this.

D

Deleted member

In case it wasn't obvious enough,
View attachment 169630Now do ya see it?
Seriously though, Imagine if he was the Square Rep and not Geno or Sora? People would get ticked.
I really wouldn't mind it, because TWEWY Has some amazing Tracks
I imagine it would go akin to this:
"WHAT? WHO is this guy? ANOTHER anime character? I'd actually take that one chick that is a sword with boobs than this, GET HIM OUT!"

D

Deleted member

I imagine it would go akin to this:
"WHAT? WHO is this guy? ANOTHER anime character? I'd actually take that one chick that is a sword with boobs than this, GET HIM OUT!"
"Goddamn those anime characters! Ruining my Smash game! I hate anime! Where is my Geno?!"-Josh from the Bit Block. Probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom