• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If anything the Mii costume raises Geno's chances because Sakurai has said that the Flying Man costume was because the team made 3D Flying Man assets they didn't want to just scrap so they turned them into a costume. Something similar may have happened with Geno. Not that I'm a Geno pusher or anything, it's just an interesting tidbit.

I mostly just came in here to change the subject and say that while I understand the stigma behind fourth parties, part of me unironically wants Scrooge McDuck in Smash.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
If anything the Mii costume raises Geno's chances because Sakurai has said that the Flying Man costume was because the team made 3D Flying Man assets they didn't want to just scrap so they turned them into a costume. Something similar may have happened with Geno. Not that I'm a Geno pusher or anything, it's just an interesting tidbit.

I mostly just came in here to change the subject and say that while I understand the stigma behind fourth parties, part of me unironically wants Scrooge McDuck in Smash.
While I'll definitely say that it's the case for the Flying Man, I wouldn't say it's the case for all of the costumes, Geno included.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This unused content does make you wonder what we'll find within Ultimate's database. It'll definitely be a gold mine for sure...

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Are we talking about anime-like characters?

... I really need to get into context xDU

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Meanwhile I’m more worried over Imran alluding to no new Namco reps cause that destroys KOS-MOS’ chances, let alone other characters people want like Lloyd.

D

Deleted member

Are we talking about anime-like characters?

... I really need to get into context xDU
Well, right now everybody else was talking about cut characters from Smash, while I was wondering to myself how a Smash game made for either the GBA or DS would turn out.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
While I'll definitely say that it's the case for the Flying Man, I wouldn't say it's the case for all of the costumes, Geno included.
Oh no, I'm aware. It's just interesting since it means they have the assets that can be repurposed. Makes you wonder how many of them that was the case for. Could be a bunch, could be none.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Meanwhile I’m more worried over Imran alluding to no new Namco reps cause that destroys KOS-MOS’ chances, let alone other characters people want like Lloyd.
You see, I would be worried, but there's this lovely thing called

Downloadable Content

and it's where dreams come true.

NineS

Smash Lord
Oh no, I'm aware. It's just interesting since it means they have the assets that can be repurposed. Makes you wonder how many of them that was the case for. Could be a bunch, could be none.
I'd look at it in reverse, honestly.
In the same way that Flying Man's 3D model had assets ported into it's Mii costume, it's also likely and possible that characters that had Mii Costumes, such as Isabelle, K. Rool, Zero, etc. will have their assets ported or heavily inspired by their mii costumes once they become fighters/assists/etc.

D

Deleted member

Let me add onto this by posting this image you all know and love. Remember these two magic words, fellas: splash screen.

800px-SSB4_Geno_SplashArt.png

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What are you talking about

What talk
Well, in the interview. Where he mentioned Geno for Brawl he said that in the end it didn't happened... Alongside the Scrapped Mario RPG music... And y'know if it couldn't happens either he just had an idea, time constraints or talk failed. There not a lot of reasons for a third parties to not get in realistically since I suppose they take priority in development.

But yeah, hopefully the Mii costume can be something he can use as a proof to bend Square's hand like "see? It sold a lot now lemme use the Characters"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of Namco reps. I still say Nightmare is the most deserving for the following reasons.

1. Namco has been helping Nintendo and Sakurai with the Smash games since Sm4sh.
2. It'd return the favor of Link guest starring in the GameCube version of Soulcalibur II
3. At some chance we get a reveal next week it'd commemorate Soulcalibur IV.
4. He'd be the first third party villain and third party non-protagonist.

Too bad it'll probably just be another generic karate fighter in the form of Heihachi if Namco gets a second character...

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Everyone is Vergeben because some guy said so.
Also, the possibility of Geno not being in Smash at all, and instead end up like he has in the past as a Considered Character like the many other Considered Characters.
What happened with Geno this time?

Well, right now everybody else was talking about cut characters from Smash, while I was wondering to myself how a Smash game made for either the GBA or DS would turn out.
Oh; cut characters; there is probably characters we still don't know that were considered in previous games; knowing that Marth was part of Smash 64 plan wasn't know until like 2014.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
He said of Vergeben, "That's because 'he' is like six different people pulling rumors from eighteen different sources. " Later he elaborated, "I did some research into it when information that was previously only available in small circles got posted. Then I took note of when some other information that came to me from a source stopped coming from him as well. And then there were some things the account posted that were straight up wrong and I tracked down where they came from and who those people gave that information to."
Oh okay cool, thanks :)

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Speaking of Namco reps. I still say Nightmare is the most deserving for the following reasons.

1. Namco has been helping Nintendo and Sakurai with the Smash games since Sm4sh.
2. It'd return the favor of Link guest starring in the GameCube version of Soulcalibur II
3. At some chance we get a reveal next week it'd commemorate Soulcalibur IV.
4. He'd be the first third party villain and third party non-protagonist.

Too bad it'll probably just be another generic karate fighter in the form of Heihachi if Namco gets a second character...
>"Deserving" as an argument
>Dissing another fighter as generic

What is this? 2014 Pre-Sm4sh speculation?

Also, the next Namco rep is going to be Lloyd. This image from the Zinith of Lloyd supporters explains things pretty well. Tales of is a massive series in Japan. It literally has it's own amusement park attraction at a major amusement park in Japan, it's that big.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Also, the next Namco rep is going to be Lloyd. This image from the Zinith of Lloyd supporters explains things pretty well. Tales of is a massive series in Japan. It literally has it's own amusement park attraction at a major amusement park in Japan, it's that big.
Deserving was probably the wrong choice of word to say so apologies. Embarrass

Well better then Heihachi that's for sure.

D

Deleted member

"I jUsT wAnT tO sTaRt A FlAmE iN yOuR hEaRt"

Which will spread all across the world if Geno isn't in at some point.

EDIT: I've been :ultgreninja:'d
Alternatively this;
"We DiDn'T sTaRt ThE fIrE! It'S bEeN bUrNiNg EvEr SiNcE tHe WoRlD's BeEn TuRnInG yEaH!"

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

It'd be a great image if you didn't save the thumbnail.
It's gone through pixelation hell.

EDIT: He fixed it.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

you know what else has amusement park attraction

dragon ball z
goku confirmed

What if i walk out to the forest and find a unicorn?
what if my mom loved me

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Let me add onto this by posting this image you all know and love. Remember these two magic words, fellas: splash screen.

View attachment 169633
Interesting note that they redesigned his gun just for this
Like they redesigned K. Rool "just for his Mii costume"

do we know for sure the geno costumes sold well

and i will laugh as the world burns
I'm pretty sure the fact that it exists is what matters most.
We don't know that ANY costume sold well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom