• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
The Last 6 Characters

Newcomers
Incineroar
Ayumi Tachibana
Geno

Echo's
Ken
Shadow The Hedgehog
Black Shadow

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
*Puts on tinfoil hat*

You guys notice a pattern between the newcomers (Not including echos).

64: Inkling (Hero) - 65: Ridley (Villain) - 66: Simon (Hero) - 67: King K. Rool (Villain) - 68: Isabelle (Hero)

The next fighter is definitely gonna be a villain for sure.

I has come up with my own theory. The Hero-Villain theory. :p

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I have to wonder if Ayumi would even be remembered today if it wasn't for her trophy in Melee, lol

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
*Puts on tinfoil hat*

You guys notice a pattern between the newcomers (Not including echos).

64: Inkling (Hero) - 65: Ridley (Villain) - 66: Simon (Hero) - 67: King K. Rool (Villain) - 68: Isabelle (Hero)

I has come up with my own theory. The Hero-Villain theory. :p
sorry 2 consecutive occurrences isn't a pattern but is a coincidence. If the next character is a villain then a pattern has been formed but this is not the case so far.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Is Incineroar technically a villain?
I'm not sure, I haven't played or watched pokemon in a while.

But I'm used to the idea of Pokemon evolving from starters automatically classifying as 'Hero'.
Maybe the particular in Incineroar in the latest Pokemon episode was a villain?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Heels arent necessarily villainous per se, sure its usualyl the case. But then you look at Kane, or The Undertaker.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Incineroar is a dark type, which is the "evil" type in Japanese.

Although while I do believe him to be the Pokemon newcomer, I still don't buy the whole "heroes and villains theme" thing. I think it's jus that villains are who did well on the ballot. I mean why do you guys think Ridley and K.Rool were added, because Sakurai wanted to fill some sort of arbitrary quota or because of fan demand?

D

Deleted member

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

You guys notice a pattern between the newcomers?

64: Hero - 65: Villain - 66: Hero - 67: Villain - 68: Hero

I has come up with my own theory. The Hero-Villain theory.
Allow me to do you one better.

So guys. There's the pizza joint in my city that makes the best pizza every called Slice pizza and every time I eat there, a big video game announcement happens.

Don't believe me? Last time I ate there during E3, DMC 5 got revealed, and when I ate there during EVO, Nintendo announced the Smash Direct of August 8.

Conicidence? Nope! That place has some real magic wish granting abilities. If you still don't believe me, next time I eat there, Sora's getting into Ultimate
Obvious /s.
I have to wonder if Ayumi would even be remembered today if it wasn't for her trophy in Melee, lol
Who's Ayumi?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Incineroar is a dark type, which is the "evil" type in Japanese.

Although while I do believe him to be the Pokemon newcomer, I still don't buy the whole "heroes and villains theme" thing. I think it's jus that villains are who did well on the ballot. I mean why do you guys think Ridley and K.Rool were added, because Sakurai wanted to fill some sort of arbitrary quota or because of fan demand?
Yes.

I'm lacking mean lizard characters, let's fix that.

NineS

Smash Lord
So going by the theory, we would get a villain next.
Taking into account that the theory ignores echo fighters, and assuming that Incineroar technically isn't a villain, minus an episode in the anime, this would mean that Incineroar isn't the next newcomer, but will likely be in the game.
Well, it's certainly better than the box theory to me. At least it adds more freedom.
However, even if Incineroar does qualify as a villain.. It still fits the bill, seeing as whoever comes next, the Square Rep mentioned by verge, is likely a 'Hero'.
Allow me to do you one better.

So guys. There's the pizza joint in my city that makes the best pizza every called Slice pizza and every time I eat there, a big video game announcement happens.

Don't believe me? Last time I ate there during E3, DMC 5 got revealed, and when I ate there during EVO, Nintendo announced the Smash Direct of August 8.

Conicidence? Nope! That place has some real magic wish granting abilities. If you still don't believe me, next time I eat there, Sora's getting into Ultimate
Obvious /s.

Who's Ayumi?
Ayumi Tachibana, from a Famicom Detective game that Sakurai really enjoyed. She was originally considered to be a smash fighter in Melee, but Sakurai went against it and decided to make her a trophy instead.

And why haven't you eaten at that Pizza joint yet, then? Eat there. Tomorrow, if possible.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Technically, no Pokemon is truly bad. Just bad People making Pokemon do bad things.

That being said, he's a bit of a prick.
This makes me wonder about Hydreigon... Are they evil?

"Hydreigon is a violent, destructive Pokémon. It will attack anything that moves, determining it a foe. Its heads can consume anything."

D

Deleted member

So going by the theory, we would get a villain next.
Taking into account that the theory ignores echo fighters, and assuming that Incineroar technically isn't a villain, minus an episode in the anime, this would mean that Incineroar isn't the next newcomer, but will likely be in the game.
Well, it's certainly better than the box theory to me. At least it adds more freedom.

Ayumi Tachibana, from a Famicom Detective game that Sakurai really enjoyed. She was originally considered to be a smash fighter in Melee, but Sakurai went against it and decided to make her a trophy instead.

And why haven't you eaten at that Pizza joint yet, then? Eat there. Tomorrow, if possible.
Oh. Well, I've never heard of her. But I guess that's the case for most Famicom characters.

Hey, look it all depends if my relatives are up for it, but I'll try to go on my own sometime.

Noipoi

Howdy!

"Hydreigon is a violent, destructive Pokémon. It will attack anything that moves, determining it a foe. Its heads can consume anything."
It's more like that's it's nature.
If a Tiger eats someone it isn't evil, it's just doing what a Tiger does. You shouldn't have gotten in it's way.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

it's a king ghidorah reference

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch the pattern and the newcomer revealed next week is Nightmare. :p

Probably not gonna happen anyways...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If anything the Mii costume raises Geno's chances because Sakurai has said that the Flying Man costume was because the team made 3D Flying Man assets they didn't want to just scrap so they turned them into a costume. Something similar may have happened with Geno. Not that I'm a Geno pusher or anything, it's just an interesting tidbit.

I mostly just came in here to change the subject and say that while I understand the stigma behind fourth parties, part of me unironically wants Scrooge McDuck in Smash.
The problem with that is that Sakurai has to have permission to really use Geno in the first place. Meaning that either he was available and tried to be made as a fighter after being licensed, but Cloud took too much time, or he never attempted it.

He isn't going to start working on content that is impossible to use. It's unlikely it was scrapped content in Geno's case. 3rd parties are very different from 1st/2nd party content, after all.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Probably not, but at the same time, that's not a bad thing. Roy and Marth being in Melee lead to interest in Fire Emblem in the West and Ayumi's trophy lead to continued interest in Ayumi.

It helps that FDC is a genuinely very good series and The Girl In Back is a really good game. She's almost as high as Phoenix on my wants list at least.

Last edited:

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Sup guys remember when we thought we were getting a direct this week oh how we all were baited hard

D

Deleted member

Interesting note that they redesigned his gun just for this
Like they redesigned K. Rool "just for his Mii costume"
See, if that isn't Sakurai trying his best to get him in one way or another, I don't know what is.
We're going to get Geno. I've never been more hard locked on this than I am now, and my most wanted is Rex for God's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom