• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Gonna ask again where did this rumor come from that this is it for newcomers?
I blame Box Theory.

Sakurai also said they're slowing down on reveals, though that could mean 4 more characters, perhaps with two in a single trailer; he said this in his Famitsu column that was in regards to Isabelle for the original air date of the September direct before it was delayed.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Gonna ask again where did this rumor come from that this is it for newcomers?
It's just a what-if from the box theorists, (assuming you're including Ken and Incineroar)
On November 2nd, let's all go to the GameStop and ask for the Fortnite Bundle. The look on the cashier's face will be amazing!
Then afterwards, we could ask for Battletoads :troll:
On second thought, that meme is kinda dead, because we are actually getting a new one...

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Is probably how it will go down

If two remaining
Ken and pokemon rep (most likely incineroar)

If three
Add shadow

If four
Add geno/Square Enix rep

If five
Add skull kid

If six
Add a “didn’t see that coming character

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So if the rumor from Imran is true that Verge is six different people--does this hurt his credibility, or not change anything? Not sure what to think (not sure if anyone's talked about it, as I haven't seen it on here).

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Love how many people are in straight denial up about Steve. Run from him. Dread him. Minecraft still arrives

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So if the rumor from Imran is true that Verge is six different people--does this hurt his credibility, or not change anything? Not sure what to think (not sure if anyone's talked about it, as I haven't seen it on here).
Who's Imran?

Potato_

Smash Lord
You got a link to where he said this?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Imran is senior editor at GameInformer. He said, "That's because 'he' is like six different people pulling rumors from eighteen different sources," when referencing Verge.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Is probably how it will go down

If two remaining
Ken and pokemon rep (most likely incineroar)

If three
Add shadow

If four
Add geno/Square Enix rep

If five
Add skull kid

If six
Add a “didn’t see that coming character
I honestly don't think Skull Kid is the Next Zelda rep.
If anyone, it's probably gonna be Impa...
Love how many people are in straight denial up about Steve. Run from him. Dread him. Minecraft still arrives
Yeah, It's pretty funny. lol

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Thinking about it, I think the reason the idea of DLC for this game excites me so much is because everything it could potentially offer as far as fighters go will all be new. I really think "Everyone is here" being the base game concept will end up being a blessing for DLC in the long run. The best part is that we won't have to wait long to find out if DLC will be a thing or not, as Nintendo makes it very clear before a game launches if it will be receiving post-launch content or not. If DLC is in the cards, we will most likely get a sneak peek in the final Direct.
Exactly! Though the only area this backfires with is the characters that are comfirmed as ATs, but that's a necessary weasel.

It's just a what-if from the box theorists, (assuming you're including Ken and Incineroar)

Then afterwards, we could ask for Battletoads :troll:
On second thought, that meme is kinda dead, because we are actually getting a new one...
Well, you could always ask about Battletoads in Smash.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
How much you wanna bet this is the same situation as Stealth's meltdown over Verge?
Isnt Game Informer one of those rag magazines... HEck isnt the one owned by GameStop?
Not sure how I should gauge Imran's credibility, as I don't know his history, but he's verified and works for a high profile gaming magazine. Thought it would be interesting to note, and it would make some things make sense (and others it wouldn't, as his posts tend to have the same... obnoxious... personality).

D

Deleted member

Imran is senior editor at GameInformer. He said, "That's because 'he' is like six different people pulling rumors from eighteen different sources," when referencing Verge.
It would fall in line with the fact that there are various people involved within this "team".

That's the only thing I can say about this though. Let's see how this unfolds, eyes emoji.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
To add to this, Imran has also been known to have inside sources himself and has leaked things about games and events beforehand such as warning fans not to get too excited for the E3 Direct this year. He's also made some comments that have been interpreted as potential hints for Smash (most notably, hinting at a second SE rep himself), but due to how they're written most don't put too much stock in them.

With that said, I'm not sure how he'd know anything about Vergeban as a person (or a legion in this case) since it's not related to game content or company events. The only way I think he'd know is if he's aware of one of the people under the Vergeban name whether through the person themselves or a shared source.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Anyways, what kind of character nerfs or buff would you all like to see?
My man Shulk desperately needs some frame data and more consistency when landing those two hit attacks.
Robin needs to run faster too, that dumb slow run of them kills me.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It would fall in line with the fact that there are various people involved within this "team".

That's the only thing I can say about this though. Let's see how this unfolds, eyes emoji.
By saying you can't say much, is it because as the real Scott you know all (which is why your videos are always so highly informative)?

To add to this, Imran has also been known to have inside sources himself and has leaked things about games and events beforehand such as warning fans not to get too excited for the E3 Direct this year. He's also made some comments that have been interpreted as potential hints (most notably, hinting at a second SE rep himself), but due to how they're written most don't put too much stock in them.

With that said, I'm not sure how he'd know anything about Vergeban as a person (or a legion in this case) since it's not related to game content or company events. The only way I think he'd know is if he's aware of one of the people under the Vergeban name.
I only heard of Imran back in August with his tweet--thought it was odd for both Square and Bandai to get a rep (and now he's saying he wasn't referring to Bandai), which is why I'm hesitant--he's one of those "hinty" leakers I'm not a fan of. Still, if they have mutual sources, and he's heard stuff, I can see how he would know.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
To add to this, Imran has also been known to have inside sources himself and has leaked things about games and events beforehand such as warning fans not to get too excited for the E3 Direct this year. He's also made some comments that have been interpreted as potential hints for Smash (most notably, hinting at a second SE rep himself), but due to how they're written most don't put too much stock in them.

With that said, I'm not sure how he'd know anything about Vergeban as a person (or a legion in this case) since it's not related to game content or company events. The only way I think he'd know is if he's aware of one of the people under the Vergeban name.
That is interesting. Imran is certainly a name to know. And if they are saying that they may know who Vergeben are...that is kind of funny.

It would explain them being rude to people who bug them. Its different people each time!
:4pacman:

EDIT: I leveled up to an Ace!

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Verge... is an alias?
E25A23B5-0723-450C-ACDB-AA36DC558E46.gif

This... this can change a lot of things.

Is this concrete? If so, man, why did Smash get the ****ty dude. That, or GameFAQs must’ve done something to piss off 6 people one by one.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
By saying you can't say much, is it because as the real Scott you know all (which is why your videos are always so highly informative)?

I only heard of Imran back in August with his tweet--thought it was odd for both Square and Bandai to get a rep (and now he's saying he wasn't referring to Bandai), which is why I'm hesitant--he's one of those "hinty" leakers I'm not a fan of. Still, if they have mutual sources, and he's heard stuff, I can see how he would know.
Any chance we can get sources on Imran's "hints"?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I only want the three in my signature really badly. Shadow, Geno, and Bandana Dee.
That's funny, those are my exact top 3 most wanted as well. I would really want to have them in the base game, but between both Smash 4 and Ultimate, I got my literal most wanted :ultbowserjr:, (it would have been :ultsonic:, but I had already gotten him in Brawl,) :ultmegaman: :ultlittlemac: :ultpalutena: :ultshulk: :ultinkling: :ultridley: :ultkrool: :ultdarksamus: as newcomers I pretty actively wanted, numerous others that weren't as much on my radar that I was happy to see, AND all my favorite cut veterans back. I won't say that I have no more characters I want to see, but ultimately I've been ridiculously spoiled by these past two entries in the series already.

Plus, it's highly likely that a lot of the characters I would like to see that won't make the base roster will just end up being DLC anyways.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I doubt vergeben is multiple people, rather i think imran was getting at how vergeben has multiple sources thus the info that comes out is like 6 people talking and deciding what is probably credible.

vergeben is probably one guy, just the way he writes is consistent enough to be fairly sure of this, but there is certainly multiple sources and people talking behind his info.

thats my guess anyway.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Me:
View attachment 169614
Verge... is an alias? This... this can change a lot of things.

But man, why did Smash get the ****ty dude.
That was pretty much my feelings on Verge--a ****ty person who still got everything (about Smash) right. Would also make sense if it was a collection of people why so many non-Smash leaks were wrong, but all of his Smash ones were right (outside of the very first one). Which is why I'm not sure if this changes anything, though I'm going to be a bit more skeptical going forward.

Any chance we can get sources on Imran's "hints"?
The only one I'm aware of is this one. where he listed companies with 2 characters, Square/Bandai only having 1 and saying they're uneven. But then just today he said "For the record that tweet everyone went nuts about wasn't talking about Namco." But--I can't think of any other interpretation, so even back in August I wasn't counting them among my "rumors of interest".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom