• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
So... random question, aside from Incineroar, do you guys think we'll get some characters that are not really that requested that much?
I mean Sakurai likes to throw a couple curve balls at us
Still holding out strong for Phoenix Wright in regard, given that Sakurai had met with Takumi and Kamiya back in 2016.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
:ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultisabelle:

If the rumors are true, this could possibly be our final roster. How would you rate it from a scale from 1 to 10?

I would personally give it a good 8/10. I'm not crazy about a couple additions (*Cough*:ultkrool:*Cough*), but overall, characters like Inkling, the Belmonts, Isabelle, Ken and Incineroar are making me pretty excited to play..
I give it a 9/10. So very close to perfection, but it missed a few major characters that would have made it feel more complete. It's clear how Sakurai is nearing (or probably at) his limit in terms of the variety of Nintendo characters he's willing to add. I can't damn him for that because Smash is his project. But I do hope he has a change of heart for the next game, and if not, then I hope someone more lenient can take over directing the series in the future.

D

Deleted member

Can you try to give me a reason to like Inkling? I still hold the unpopular opinion that they are boring, and I can't help it.
It depends on your tastes, I suppose. Part of why I like them is because they represent Nintendo trying something new and allowing their younger developers to try out their own ideas. I also like them from a design standpoint, as a lot of Splatoon's art style is very aesthetically pleasing with how distinct and cool it all looks. The music from the series is also a big reason why I wanted them.

Also, if I'm being completely honest, the biggest reason I wanted them is because those squids are heckin' cute:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Number one, their faces are adorable.

Number two, I suppose that's fair. Not everyone's gonna find the same things cute. I love animals, fun designs, cute things, and the ocean.
The Inklings are all those things rolled into one, so they appeal to me.
I think I might have simply taught myself to like the brutal and "cool" things I see, which probably explains why I can't like characters like :ultwiifittrainer: or :ultisabelle:. Maybe I could try to turn around when I play more games aside from Smash, but for now, I have a lot of unpopular opinions.

NineS

Smash Lord
You see, my thing is that I find different things adorable (maybe I don't like their faces). I guess maybe their clothes and weapons are cool, but I don't feel connected to them still.

The inner machinations of my mind envelop many morbid fascinations, and I find darker things appealing. I'm a unique one.
You think the inner machinations of your mind are weird?
I lack standards.
I could find something completely creepy or morbid, or complex 'cute' and funny, while also finding something totally innocent and simple also cute and funny, but just as emotionally thought provoking and dark.

A good example is: I find the Inklings cute. But I can never forget the dark that lies beneath the surface of their history, living in a world where mankind essentially drowned to death due to their ignorance and global warning, the only thing left behind since then being their structures and cats.

Another example is: I can find something as dark or weird as Metroids, or the character in my Profile Picture, 'cute'. Despite the fact one looks like a jellyfish crossed with a parasite that causes havoc, and the other is... Well, complicated.

but, at the same time, i can also like dedede for being amusing and 'cool' to me. while also adoring ridley for being brutal and cool in a different way as well.
i think i literally have no standards.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I don't think it has to do with the Zelda brand-naming, rather, the absolute mess that Koei Tecmo has done with the franchise, practically pumping out 10 Warriors games a year.
I dunno i liked alot of em
Gundam Warriors was pretty boss... i mean it was no Gundam versus or Gundam Breaker

Berserk Musou is the greatest thing ever
OF course alot of the games in the Main three, Samurai warriors, Dynasty Warriors, and Warriors Orochi are good
Bladestorm i liked because it went into the 100 year war which is rarely touched on in games

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
OK WAIT

NVM THE TIMER SITE SWITCHED IT TO "UNCONFIRMED"

Yup pack it up boys, it got through their filter and my email probably made them switch it to unconfirmed.

https://yourcountdown.to/super-smash-bros-ultimate-direct
Surely it wasn't the fact that the Smash Bros related tweets were significantly more popular than the other ones and it caught their attention

Even though I tweeted at them and went "lol nice going guys now people think you actually have info" when it's obvious they never did.

:ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultisabelle:

If the rumors are true, this could possibly be our final roster. How would you rate it from a scale from 1 to 10?
IIt's a solid 8/10 for me. Debut of a classic and treasured franchise, the inclusion of some long standing fan favourites and the fleshing out of certain series representation. A good balance of old and new. Bonus points for including the true, original echo fighter, plus having every character return is great too.

There is a great mix of newcomers who bring different things to the table, fair to say it would please the majority and there is something for everyone. What stops it from getting a higher mark is another heavy hitter character or two which would make a big splash, such as Geno, etc. It also feels somewhat empty, for lack of a better word with the amount of Echoes and newcomers who share similar traits, but considering the development time, lead up to release and characters to pick from then that is fair enough. You can't have it all, it is what it is.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So... random question, aside from Incineroar, do you guys think we'll get some characters that are not really that requested that much?
I mean Sakurai likes to throw a couple curve balls at us
Still think we may get Blaziken (probably not though). Sakurai's trying to add popular characters, and here we have Blaziken, a very popular Pokemon from an unrepped gen that may have had an inflated popularity due to the ballot, who also just so happens to work a lot like :ultfalcon:. If Cross Series Echoes are a thing, I assure you Blaziken will be the first.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

I would personally give it a good 8/10. I'm not crazy about a couple additions (*Cough*:ultkrool:*Cough*), but overall, characters like Inkling, the Belmonts, Isabelle, Ken and Incineroar are making me pretty excited to play..
7.5 out of 10 for me. It would be pretty acceptable, even though I think they could have done more characters, but hey. These characters look fine enough to me. However, in a biased sense, I would go with 9.5 out of 10, since my most wanted, King K. Rool is in, though I would have wanted Dixie Kong as well, and Geno as well as Rayman. Overall, this would be a fine group of newcomers for me.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Seriously, the only characters left who I really want are Incineroar and Geno.
Wow, you're an easily pleased guy...

Anyways... this is a really random question, but who do you guys think is gonna be the next Ike/Shulk in terms of memetic quotes?
my money is on the "Woomy" :ultinkling:

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

I’d give it an 8. I’m overjoyed that Ridley and Dark Samus both made it in together at long last, and Simon, Richter, and K. Rool all look fantastic as well. Ken, Incineroar, Isabelle, and Daisy I’m neutral on, I don’t like Inklings and I think Chrom should have stayed out completely.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
OK WAIT

NVM THE TIMER SITE SWITCHED IT TO "UNCONFIRMED"

Yup pack it up boys, it got through their filter and my email probably made them switch it to unconfirmed.

https://yourcountdown.to/super-smash-bros-ultimate-direct
Surely it wasn't the fact that the Smash Bros related tweets were significantly more popular than the other ones and it caught their attention

Even though I tweeted at them and went "lol nice going guys now people think you actually have info" when it's obvious they never did.
So...back to waiting until the 24th for something to happen, then. :shyguy:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I only want the three in my signature really badly. Shadow, Geno, and Bandana Dee.

Pretty much anyone I wanted is in the game now and so while I'll be disappointed if Kencineroar is it for base, (a) there's DLC hope and (b) it's already going to be a great game with an amazing roster. As for rating the slate of newcomers, I'd say 7/10. Ken, Incineroar, Chrom, and Daisy are rather boring to me but Isabelle, Ridley, King K Rool, the Belmonts, Inkling, and Dark Samus are awesome.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Anyways... this is a really random question, but who do you guys think is gonna be the next Ike/Shulk in terms of memetic quotes?
HI I'M DAISY

It's already a meme, but Smash is about to make it a double meme.

Also, DIE MONSTER! YOU DON'T BELONG IN THIS WORLD!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thinking about it, I think the reason the idea of DLC for this game excites me so much is because everything it could potentially offer as far as fighters go will all be new. I really think "Everyone is here" being the base game concept will end up being a blessing for DLC in the long run. The best part is that we won't have to wait long to find out if DLC will be a thing or not, as Nintendo makes it very clear before a game launches if it will be receiving post-launch content or not. If DLC is in the cards, we will most likely get a sneak peek in the final Direct.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Thinking about it, I think the reason the idea of DLC for this game excites me so much is because everything it could potentially offer as far as fighters go will all be new. I really think "Everyone is here" being the base game concept will end up being a blessing for DLC in the long run. The best part is that we won't have to wait long to find out if DLC will be a thing or not, as Nintendo makes it very clear before a game launches if it will be receiving post-launch content or not. If DLC is in the cards, we will most likely get a sneak peek in the final Direct.
On that note, please Nintendo offer us a Season Pass for Ultimate.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I don't know how I feel about those soulless eyes mixed with those jiggle physics.
There jiggle physics in this thing?
I didn’t even notice, should I remove it then?

Did I scar your perspective of Rex/Pyra now?

I mean, someone made a fortnite dance mod for all the Smash characters. Don’t know how to feel about long legged Pikachu.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Pit has the “I Never Learned How To Read” quote that can easily be memed, aswell as Isabelle (not for the best) and K Rool with their limes and sounds
I don't know how I feel about those soulless eyes mixed with those jiggle physics.
Feel it
There jiggle physics in this thing?
I didn’t even notice, should I remove it then?

I mean, someone made a fortnite dance mod for all the Smash characters though.
Already been done for Smash 4
And as you know...we don’t need this to be remembered...:yeahboi:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On that note, please Nintendo offer us a Season Pass for Ultimate.
YES. Please do, as the pricing for Smash 4's DLC was definitely not ideal.

As others have already mentioned I'm sure, I could see the first character released be used as a promotion like Mewtwo was. Probably as an exclusive thing for NSO members, with it being paid for others like a week or so later.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

I give it a 10/10

K. Rool and Ridley is all I needed

But and one Weasley character then it’s 12 newcomers the original 12 of smash bros ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom