• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
in this house we stan for 2B.

The only Nintendo character I relate to is Regigigas.

why is this censored? is Goku a racial slur now or something?

Wait, who is this? She looks familiar. Is she from Resident Evil?

I see potential, so long as the Down-B isn't another ****ing counter.
I censored it for humor

Roberk

Smash Champion
The focus of Pokemon is the Pokemon, they're the ones with the cool powers and unique designs. I can see why Sakurai doesn't have any of Pokemon's human characters as playable.
I'll have you know that my absolute dream character above all else is a playable Pokemon Trainer. The one we have is so close, yet so far and it makes me kinda sad. A playable PT doesn't have to be boring, I for one think a Pokemon summoning moveset mixed in with some iconic Pokemon items would be pretty rad.

Also, something like a Cynthia duo with Garchomp would be great. Pokemon humans are fine in general if they are developed and work well with a Pokemon for the obligatory Pokemon quota (Team Rocket with Meowth, Guzma with Golisopod, etc.). It's the best of both worlds with actual characters (not just animals) and cool designs.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'll have you know that my absolute dream character above all else is a playable Pokemon Trainer. The one we have is so close, yet so far and it makes me kinda sad. A playable PT doesn't have to be boring, I for one think a Pokemon summoning moveset mixed in with some iconic Pokemon items would be pretty rad.

Also, something like a Cynthia duo with Garchomp would be great. Pokemon humans are fine in general if they are developed and work well with a Pokemon for the obligatory Pokemon quota (Team Rocket with Meowth, Guzma with Golisopod, etc.). It's the best of both worlds with actual characters (not just animals) and cool designs.
I'm fine with just Pokemon being playable, but a playable trainer would be cool.

Chrono.

Call me close minded, but I can't see a Pokemon Trainer as an actual fighter using stuff like the Bike, Fishing Rod and other items without coming off as hokey as ****.

Imo, just add trainers by making them background elements like PT and tying them to an actual playable character (like say, Gladion with Silvally). Leave the item stuff to the Animal Crossing characters.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Lance with Dragonite?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I mean, I guess I can understand why people are disappointed in Charizard not going Mega anymore, however, Triple Finish is honestly one of the coolest Final Smashes ever IMO. Aura Storm and Great Aether are up there as well. It's honestly such a satisfying and cool move.

It's too bad the VA for PT this time around is so much worse. Maybe the Leaf VA will be better though.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To everyone using Ash Greninja as a legitimate argument for Goku or any anime character in Smash

Don't.

Pokemon is a first-party franchise, so they can do whatever they want with it since they own the thing. This applies to both the anime (which had already found its way to Smash in several ways before Ultimate was even a thing, might I add) and the games.

Putting an first-party anime character as a Final Smash appearance is in no way a possible link to third-party manga characters. Especially when Lucario also debuted in an anime and 13 years later, still no Goku.
Tropical Storm Michael ****ed my internet for a few seconds and I came back to read stuff and this is the first thing I saw relating the two besides an offhand joke about someone hypothetically doing this

Gives me the same vibes as the when I read comments on facebook about a dog doing something silly and I see a bunch of people going "HERE COME THE PEOPLE CLAIMING ANIMAL ABUSE" when nobody's actually doing that

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm fine with just Pokemon being playable, but a playable trainer would be cool.
I would laugh if PT had a special which allowed opponents to get trapped in a Pokéball, almost like Yoshi's Egg Lay. Not sure what else could they do, though, assuming they fight mostly by themselves.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I mean, I guess I can understand why people are disappointed in Charizard not going Mega anymore, however, Triple Finish is honestly one of the coolest Final Smashes ever IMO. Aura Storm and Great Aether are up there as well. It's honestly such a satisfying and cool move.

It's too bad the VA for PT this time around is so much worse. Maybe the Leaf VA will be better though.
Oh, I love Triple Finish, but I'd love it even more if Charizard went Mega during it.

Besides I also like being salty about Ash-Greninja. Ash-Greninja fans are all salty about Charizard X so it's only fair.
I say this playfully.

Noipoi

Howdy!
For reasons others have posted, seems like a lucky guess. Plus, I don't quite know about having that many fighters left. Would kinda seem a little too good to be true.
Less like a lucky guess, more like an accurate prediction.
As others have stated today is the 5 year anniversary of Pokemon X and Y in Japan, I imagine this "leaker" knew that and used it to his advantage.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Mark my words: Ya'll are gonna wish we were still in the boring speculation-only period when the Direct comes out and it's just Ken and Incineroar, and Spirits isn't a story mode.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
19 veterans left.
8 weeks of updates before Ultimate.

There's still a chance at us getting 5 more newcomers, but also just as much of a chance for things like Box Theory to be correct as well.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

I'm hoping the Trainers' VAs in the demo are just scratch tracks because they both sound awful.

Shroob

Sup?
First two blog posts this week focus on Health and Fitness day in Japan, the music post focused on killing Music Theory, and the last post was in honor of XY's 5 year anni.

Eventful week ngl.

D

Deleted member

Less like a lucky guess, more like an accurate prediction.
As others have stated today is the 5 year anniversary of Pokemon X and Y in Japan, I imagine this "leaker" knew that and used it to his advantage.
That sounds likely, yeah. Honestly, even if it weren't for that, I would be hesitant to trust any rumors claiming there are 4 unique fighters plus Echos still left unannounced. For me personally, I'm gonna be surprised if we have more than two uniques left with a few Echos tops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Mark my words: Ya'll are gonna wish we were still in the boring speculation-only period when the Direct comes out and it's just Ken and Incineroar, and Spirits isn't a story mode.
**** that noise
i want the game
i don't really care if those are the last characters or if "Spirits" is not story. Anything on top of what we have now is icing on the cake baby

Noipoi

Howdy!
I won't.
Even if that's how it is, it'll give us something to talk about. And i'm sure there'll be other things to talk about too.
Ken and Incineroar wouldn't disappoint me because the roster is amazing already, Spirits not being story mode won't disappoint me because i'm not expecting it.
I'm not gonna be disappointed, the game already looks great.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Bold to assume I wouldn't be excited for those characters. :p

And I think most people aren't expecting a full scale story mode for Spirits, pretty sure it'll be a weird fusion of Smash Run/Melee Adventure Mode.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wow Greninja was shown on Pokemon X/Y's release date. Who could have guessed that? Prediction text leaks should be disregarded like all the rest.
A bit late, we've all already said that
By the way, Greninja was shown today because it's the anniversary of X/Y. Who knew? :4pacman:

I was waiting for your post since that was posted here again.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm hoping the Trainers' VAs in the demo are just scratch tracks because they both sound awful.
I could probably get used to Leaf's. She doesn't really sound like a kid her age probably ought to but at least she's not trying too hard like her male counterpart.
I'm not really expecting a SSE-esque story mode or a lot of newcomers, but I'm starting to get a little tired of your negativity. The game could release with just the stuff we know right now and I'll still be satisfied.

D

Deleted member

What do you think Spirits is? With how much it's been hyped up, I'm sure it will be something sizable, especially with the large presence it has on the main menu. Will it be a SSE 2? I personally doubt it, but I could see it definitely being something pretty big.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Speak for yourself. Incineroar alone would get me, and others here, hyped. I will be fully satisfied with whoever comes after. And now? I’m still hyped.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Ash-Greninja being in just tempts me to write tons of fanfics where everyone in the current roster joins him at the middle of the League to beat the living **** out of Alain's Charizard together and give Ash the victory he deserved the most. Oh, I can already savour it.

Also, I found another Chan leak that talked about Greninja being the next blog character:
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/434439720/#434442572
While I doubt any leak that either doesn't become blatantly true nor any that isn't condoned or claimed by Vergeben, I don't think the date being an anniversary means anything, Bayonetta 2's happened last month and she still doesn't have a blog entry.

D

Deleted member

I'm just hoping Red has the same amount of voice clips he had in Brawl so I can mod in his old voice. Same with the Star Fox characters, Lucario, Sonic, Marth, and possibly Roy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
To everyone using Ash Greninja as a legitimate argument for Goku or any anime character in Smash

Don't.

Pokemon is a first-party franchise, so they can do whatever they want with it since they own the thing. This applies to both the anime (which had already found its way to Smash in several ways before Ultimate was even a thing, might I add) and the games.

Putting an first-party anime character as a Final Smash appearance is in no way a possible link to third-party manga characters. Especially when Lucario also debuted in an anime and 13 years later, still no Goku.
I mean, the Pokémon in Smash have been more inspired by the anime than the games since the beginning, so anyone thinking that Ash-Greninja is groundbreaking is just nuts.

Chrono.

Ash-Greninja being in just tempts me to write tons of fanfics where everyone in the current roster joins him at the middle of the League to beat the living **** out of Alain's Charizard together and give Ash the victory he deserved the most. Oh, I can already savour it.

Also, I found another Chan leak that talked about Greninja being the next blog character:
While I doubt any leak that either doesn't become blatantly true nor any that isn't condoned or claimed by Vergeben, I don't think the date being an anniversary means anything, Bayonetta 2's happened last month and she still doesn't have a blog entry.
lolSephiroth.

He'd have longer range than Marth's Melee grab.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty excited for Ken and Incineroar...

Sephiroth as a new character?
Ignore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom