• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And I thought Greninja's existing Final Smash worked just fine. So what's he gonna do this time as Ash-Greninja?
I think it'll be the same, and the Ash Greninja transformation is just an aesthetic change.
I think Lucario will get his Brawl Final Smash back with a Mega Lucario visual upgrade, too.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I now have a crazy theory.

What if Dixie Kong shows up in Diddy's Final Smash instead of a character?

It would be a nice nod to how they were planned to be a two-in-one in Brawl, right?

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
And I thought Greninja's existing Final Smash worked just fine. So what's he gonna do this time as Ash-Greninja?
The same thing, I'd imagine.

actually there's a pending rumor claiming Greninja's Final Smash has been "updated"
His final smash has been updated at least visually. That's no rumor.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master

It would be a nice nod to how they were planned to be a two-in-one in Brawl, right?
I've been thinking that, I also think poochie is involved in Yoshi's new FS.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Tfw you lose your mega evolution but Greninja gets his weird anime power-up.

Okay but no seriously, Ash-Greninja has always really weirded me out. It's like the Peachette of Pokemon, minus the weird viral Bowser meme part.
Who's to say Charizard doesn't enter his mega evolution during the Brawl Final Smash?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
One of the reasons that I've believed Vergeben for so long was because of the fact that he got pissed off at people. Like, he's been consistent on Smash, and he's staunchly defended his leaks, even to the point where he's been a real jackwagon about it.

D

Deleted member

BREAKING NEWS

SAKURAI ANNOUNCES CHROM 2

THE EXPECTED DIXIE KONG IS PART OF DIDDY'S FINAL SMASH, CONFIRMS DIRECTOR OF SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If Greninja's Final Smash is upgraded to match his new Ash-form, it'll probably involve a giant Water Shuriken or something. I don't know much about the anime but in the games at least Ash-Greninja gets a more powerful Water Shuriken.

...Anyway, Zard-X has had his turn, I really wish that Triple Finish involved Zard-Y. Yeah the sunlight would weaken Squirtle's Hydro Pump, but it'd charge Ivy's Solar Beam faster so it'd all work out.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Can the next blog update be like: “here’s character who hasn’t appeared on blog yet btw direct on the 16th k bye.”?

Cause I’d appreciate it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The FS is likely still the same, just with Greninja transforming.
Same deal with Lucario, it'll probably get Aura Storm back while Mega evolving for visual flair.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If Ash-Greninja can get in, there's no reason Team Rocket can't get in.

Star KO: "WE'RE BLASTING OFF AGAINNNNN..."
The focus of Pokemon is the Pokemon, they're the ones with the cool powers and unique designs. I can see why Sakurai doesn't have any of Pokemon's human characters as playable.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
What Ash-Greninja really means is that this Greninja has a poor match-up against Charizard

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The FS is likely still the same, just with Greninja transforming.
Same deal with Lucario, it'll probably get Aura Storm back while Mega evolving for visual flair.
Yeah, this makes more sense since transform Final Smashes are gone.

Lucario: "Watch the power of MAXXX AURRRAAAA"

The focus of Pokemon is the Pokemon, they're the ones with the cool powers and unique designs. I can see why Sakurai doesn't have any of Pokemon's human characters as playable.
Oh, they wouldn't be playable, it'd be a Pokemon Trainer situation, but with Meowth, Arbok, Weezing, and maybe Wobbufett.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
He could keep his original since that's in line with the rest of Ultimate's FS', or they could draw from the anime again and use that large orange shuriken as a huge blow to the opponent.

It does 0% damage and Greninja faints immediately.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This week literally had the three characters I'm most apathetic about in the entire series as the updates. :lick:

D

Deleted member

But N though. He can speak to Pokemon, therefore he should be playable.

:4pacman:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ash-Greninja technically appeared first in the pokemon anime...
People are going to use this to argue for Goku and I know it
You could also use it to argue for...

Not that Agumon first appeared in an anime or anything (it first appeared in the 1st Generation of the V-Pets).

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Uhh, everyone plays Pokemon for the trainers! They're the coolest part! Check out those badges!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom