• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
No guys, you wouldn't play as Team Rocket themselves, you'd play as Meowth as well as Arbok, Weezing, or maybe Wobbufett alongside him.

It's just, Team Rocket would be launched with them so that the Star KO can be "We're blasting off againnnnn...!"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I call Sakubias! Sakurai was just really salty about Charizard X defeating Ash-Greninja in the anime, so he didn't include it to prevent that from happening in Smash! First taking so long to include Ridley and now this? He obviously hates dragons!

I'm joking obviously.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
To everyone using Ash Greninja as a legitimate argument for Goku or any anime character in Smash

Don't.

Pokemon is a first-party franchise, so they can do whatever they want with it since they own the thing. This applies to both the anime (which had already found its way to Smash in several ways before Ultimate was even a thing, might I add) and the games.

Putting an first-party anime character as a Final Smash appearance is in no way a possible link to third-party manga characters. Especially when Lucario also debuted in an anime and 13 years later, still no Goku.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I call Sakubias! Sakurai was just really salty about Charizard X defeating Ash-Greninja in the anime, so he didn't include it to prevent that from happening in Smash! First taking so long to include Ridley and now this? He obviously hates dragons!

I'm joking obviously.
He hates dragons, and he loves cats.

Wrestling cats?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm tired of so many Gen 1 Pokemon in Smash so the only new fighters I'd accept are:
-Hitmonchan
-Team Rockett
That's it.

Seriously though, the idea for Team Rockett is the best concept for any Pokemon newcomer, there isn't a single person in this entire world who doesn't love that trio of dorks and you're a damn liar if you say otherwise.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Lucario may have appeared in the anime first as well, but Ash-Greninja was created for the anime :troll:

To everyone using Ash Greninja as a legitimate argument for Goku or any anime character in Smash

Don't.

Pokemon is a first-party franchise, so they can do whatever they want with it since they own the thing. This applies to both the anime (which had already found its way to Smash in several ways before Ultimate was even a thing, might I add) and the games.

Putting an first-party anime character as a Final Smash appearance is in no way a possible link to third-party manga characters. Especially when Lucario also debuted in an anime and 13 years later, still no Goku.
So Team Rocket (with Meowth and their Pokemon as playable) are a perfectly viable newcomer choice :estatic:

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
If Dixie is in Diddy's new FS it wold be jail worthy coming along again with that **** of FS with desired characters after Chrom's rescue operation. They sure noticed the salt with Robin-Lucina trailer. Again with this? Eh, bunch of mad developers. It's a possibilty, of course, but it could be strange. She's not among the most requested ones but neither among the less, probably Dixie was noticed in one way or another after the ballot. Echo, semi-echo, AT, easy development for DLC... There's a lot of options for Dixie. As a Dixie supporter an AT could be hard to shallow but a FS even worse.
And I'm sure that they are not showing Diddy too much for speculation with her.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't.

Wait? People are actually trying to make this a legitimate excuse?
First competitive Smash, now this - the jokes keep on comin'. :nifty:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Pokemon content in Smash and Smash itself is one big Pokemon anime reference. The Pokemon personalities, Jigglypuff's inclusion, the star KO, Lucario's VA, etc. Smash Bros referencing the Pokemon anime is not new.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Don't.

Thanks for this, clearly all the people arguing this need reminding. I mean just look at the thread, it's full of people making this argument :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

Don't.

But Goku is a necessary missing ingredient for this game becoming the official version of Super Smash Bros. Crusade. I will use any dumb reasoning to justify his inclusion that I can.

Sorry, I know Goku's next to impossible, and there are tons of non-game characters I'd rather have, but we're just so close to SSBC, and I want it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Seriously though, the idea for Team Rockett is the best concept for any Pokemon newcomer, there isn't a single person in this entire world who doesn't love that trio of dorks and you're a damn liar if you say otherwise.
I say otherwise.

i'm also a damn liar

D

Deleted member

Pokemon content in Smash and Smash itself is one big Pokemon anime reference. The Pokemon personalities, Jigglypuff's inclusion, the star KO, Lucario's VA, etc. Smash Bros referencing the Pokemon anime is not new.
Heck, Misty's trophy in Melee straight up uses her anime design instead of her RBY or GSC designs.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
He hates dragons, and he loves cats.

Wrestling cats?
Guzzlord was robbed. He could be resized, but noooo, Sakurai and his Fire Emblem Type bias strikes again.
Ah, okay, cool. Is it tied to some rumor? I was hearing stuff about that as well.
I think some "leaker" predicted that'd be the blog post, but people aren't taking it seriously because today is X/Y's anniversary so it was a safe guess.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Merely the way the Pokemon speak is an anime reference too.

You don't hear them saying their own names in the games, it's a thing from the anime.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord

Don't.

Technically Second party but youre still right

Chrono.

Makes me wonder if Yoshi's Final Smash will be revealed in this manner...
Obviously characters who don't have a new FS referenced in their blog post won't get a new one. :troll:

I feel some folks will actually believe that

D

Deleted member

You don't hear them saying their own names in the games, it's a thing from the anime.
Only Pikachu's allowed to do it in the games, and even then it wasn't until X and Y that it was by default. Otherwise, Pikachu only had its Pokemon speak in Yellow, which is itself, a giant anime reference.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
I only accept Team Rocket if they bring both Weezing and Wobbuffett. Weezing is a favorite of mine from Gen I and Wobbuffett is one of the few good things to come out of Gen II.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Don't.

Most people are saying it ironically I assumed

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Well aside from Pikachu but again, that was taken from the anime.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm tired of so many Gen 1 Pokemon in Smash so the only new fighters I'd accept are:
-Hitmonchan
-Team Rockett
That's it.
Says they're tired of Gen 1 Pokémon
Lists Gen 1 Pokémon as the Pokémon they'd want.

I get what you actually meant, Shish, but, you know... :laugh:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokemon stuff in Smash is mostly taken from the games, but a huge chunk is from the Anime.
I feel like if Jigglypuff couldn't reuse Kirby's model, Meowth would be in Smash instead. He's way more prominent in the anime and he'd give Pikachu a more direct rival.

Meowth is the only Kanto Pokemon i'll accept at this point. He really does deserve it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom