• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Songs that I want to beat people's faces into for the sake of hilarity include the following:

He is lowkey one of my most wanted characters.
I can see his move set being him putting on the different masks that Link does in Majora's Mask. (he would honestly make be a really good representation for MM)
I would love that
Honestly

D

Deleted member

Only Fire Emblem rep I want at this point is Tiki, 'cause Manaketes are cool.

I also wouldn't mind Hector, because he has a giant axe, and giant axes are also cool.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If NieR somehow does get any representation at all, I'll happily settle for either of these three:
Granted, I know that if I get any of these, which is unlikely, it would probably be 2B, the other two only possibly getting in as echos or alts which is nearly impossible seeing the odds.

In terms of fever dream reps, I'd be happy to see other characters like Kaine who is not going to be in at all because of her design, Nier himself, or Emil, and possibly even Zero. I know zero to none of these characters probably will happen, minus 2B if I'm lucky, but a guy can dream.

Also, I've brainwashed myself into believing 2B has a fairer chance than she probably does.
Biggest thing I've got going for them is NieR's massive boost in popularity, the fact Sakurai said he enjoyed the game, and he's following the game's creator on twitter.
Here's the thing. Any Nier representation is incredibly unlikely, and we shouldn't convince ourselves into believing it'll happen.

That said.

The same thing would have been said to anyone wanting Snake before his reveal. And Cloud before his. So you never know.:roll:

A2 would be a perfect costume for 2B, since she's basically just an old, dirtied up version of 2B's post-self-destruct model. Perhaps even incorporate it into her final smash, which would literally be the self-destruct.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's the thing. Any Nier representation is incredibly unlikely, and we shouldn't convince ourselves into believing it'll happen.

That said.

The same thing would have been said to anyone wanting Snake before his reveal. And Cloud before his. So you never know.:roll:

A2 would be a perfect costume for 2B, since she's basically just an old, dirtied up version of 2B's post-self-destruct model. Perhaps even incorporate it into her final smash, which would literally be the self-destruct.
I'd be all for that, it would almost be like playing in Tekken 7!

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord

That said.

That's exactly why I consider 2B's chances to be just like Bayonetta and Cloud's pre-reveal. The platinum and square enix involvement is real.

This is kind of why I need people to bring me back down to Earth when I have my head rolling around in the Clouds.

NineS

Smash Lord
Question: How would you react if Nintendo announced tomorrow that Smash Ultimate was delayed?
If it was delayed again, for however long, I would imagine it would be due to the same reasons as in the past with Smash.
Those reasons being, new last character(s), stages, etc. being added/finished to the already massive base game.

I'd be completely fine with this assuming it's not another 3 to six months. But, at the same time, I feel as if the chances of that happening this time around are extremely low thanks to DLC. If there's anything Sakurai feels he might've missed, he could release the game and toss in said things in as a free DLC update sometime after the game is released.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Question: How would you react if Nintendo announced tomorrow that Smash Ultimate was delayed?
A bit disappointed, but also hopeful cause it would mean a few more characters could get added to the base roster that would otherwise need DLC to get in or wouldn’t get in at all

D

Deleted member

Oh well, I'll play it when it comes out. I'm pretty good to just wait it out at this point, all I really want is some Spirits info and then I'm good.

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
I would be a little disappointed at first, but I would also quickly adjust to it. I was ultimately fine with both Brawl's and Smash 3DS's delays, so I'd feel the same if Ultimate got delayed. I would worry a bit for Nintendo's holiday season though, seeing as how LGPE would be their sole holiday titles in such a situation.

It would give me more time to get through my backlog too

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
As for my reaction if Smash got delayed I would put my hand up on my poster of K.Rool hanging on my wall and then say "I've waited 17 years for you to join Smash I can wait a few more months" and as a tear drips down my cheek I sing "Hold on We're going home" by Drake.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Ugh another leak with Mario, such a bandwagon character.

woah suddenly i wanna play nier
Nier Automata: Come for the cute android chicks

Stay for the crushing existentialist quandaries

>sees Commander Shepard

give me my boi Legion while we’re at it
My list for ME AT's/Trophies would be too long. WAAAY too long.

But Garrus, Tali and Legion are musts IMO. Prob Liara too.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Oi, the one thing I dread the most. I would be severely disappointed but I would eventually get over it. But seriously, this is my main worry about the game.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If Smash got delayed I'd crack open a Dr. Pepper and laugh.

Because the ride never ends.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ehh.. I would be fine with it. It happened with almost every other Smash game.:
Smash 64 got delayed from Christmas 1998 to Early 1999
Melee was originally supposed to come out alongside the Gamecube's worldwide launch, but got delayed to about a couple months
Brawl Got delayed twice, Originally going from a 2007 release date to a 2008 one.
Smash 3DS got delayed from Summer 2014, to Fall 2014.

Besides, If they delayed it, they could easily push it to January 21st, 2019, to Coincide with Smash 64's 20th Anniversary. Not too bad if you ask me,

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Ugh another leak with Mario, such a bandwagon character.

Nier Automata: Come for the cute android chicks

Stay for the crushing existentialist quandaries

My list for ME AT's/Trophies would be too long. WAAAY too long.

But Garrus, Tali and Legion are musts IMO. Prob Liara too.
Shepard’s final Smash should be Mega Man’s but with all his companions throughout the trilogy + the Normandy.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
The chances of the game actually getting delayed have to be pretty low. Character inclusions can be solved with DLC and Nintendo probably wants this game out before the year ends but that’s what I’m hoping for.

D

Deleted member

Ehh.. I would be fine with it. It happened with almost every other Smash game.:
Smash 64 got delayed from Christmas 1998 to Early 1999
Melee was originally supposed to come out alongside the Gamecube's worldwide launch, but got delayed to about a couple months
Brawl Got delayed twice, Originally going from a 2007 release date to a 2008 one.
Smash 3DS got delayed from Summer 2014, to Fall 2014.

Besides, If they delayed it, they could easily push it to January 21st, 2019, to Coincide with Smash 64's 20th Anniversary. Not too bad if you ask me,
I would actually hope for anything but January, as Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out then and is going to destroy my backlog. Not to mention Tales of Vesperia a week before that as well. :dizzy:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sakurai realized that Yoshi getting shafted in terms of representation despite being an OG 8 was no good, so he delayed it.

He should've realized that since Brawl...
I get the vague impression somehow that you might like Yoshi a little.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Are we still doing pipe dreams? Cos I might as well post all my favourite Pokemon: they all have exactly 0% chance of being playable.

On a more relevant topic, I'd be sad if Ultimate got delayed, but haven't really thought through how I'd react as I don't consider a delay to be likely at all.

P.S. Mario Odyssey is wonderful and one of the most charming Mario games in years

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Sakurai realized that Yoshi getting shafted in terms of representation despite being an OG 8 was no good, so he delayed it.

He should've realized that since Brawl...
Speaking of Yoshi, with him and Luigi still being the only characters left out of the original 12, it seems as though Yoshi will be the last of the original 8 "revealed" again. Not that the blog posts really mean anything.

Back when the blog first started, somebody asked who we thought would be the final character blog post, and I said Luigi, because it would be, "Such a Luigi thing to do."

If Luigi actually gets shown last though, I'll die laughing. That'd be hilarious.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Shepard’s final Smash should be Mega Man’s but with all his companions throughout the trilogy + the Normandy.
Like that shot of Shepard's team lining up at the door in the Collectors' base?

That visual was so awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom